Current outside backs 'depth chart'

Now that Cory has gone, what is our depth chart 1-5?

1. AD
  2. Tommy
  3. Moses
  4. BJ
  5. Nofa

First cab off the rank if anyone gets hurt = Jennings.

Next cab = who exactly?

Bradley is not available until round 16 I think?

Sam McIntyre would be next after Jennings?

Abbey? Has barely played for 3 years. Was he given an NRL contract? I don’t recall him being given one.

Looks threadbare…extremely threadbare.

You would have to presume one or two signings are coming. Mattheson Johns maybe?

Johns looked great in the trials

@ElleryHanley said in Current outside backs 'depth chart':

1. AD
  2. Tommy
  3. Moses
  4. BJ
  5. Nofa

Next cab = who exactly?

Abbey? Has barely played for 3 years. Was he given an NRL contract? I don’t recall him being given one.

You would have to presume one or two signings are coming. Mattheson Johns maybe?

Bradley is in our top 30 I think

Also u r forgetting dylan smith… haven’t heard about him in a while

At a pinch not saying its ideal we would have MKC, Bradley, Jennings, Smith, Cini, Johns & other kids.

Issue will none of them are getting much playing time to stay fit or ready for nrl level. We are very light on.

Eisenhuth, Lawrence, McIntyre, Taylor, McQueen, Seyfarth, Smith, Clark and Jennings are all off contract. Thompson is gone … with probably Marshall retirement and Packer and Reynolds being shopped around … we have quite a squad overhaul to look forward to next year.

Development players can play any game I believe they changed the rules for this season

last edited by JoshColeman99

@JoshColeman99 said in Current outside backs 'depth chart':

Development players can play any game I believe they changed the rules for this season

Yes development players are available for selection now.

@cochise said in Current outside backs 'depth chart':

Got a couple young outside backs at the club. Probably not ready for first grade but if we get a few injuries they will have to do.

@momo_amp_medo said in Current outside backs 'depth chart':

Eisenhuth, Lawrence, McIntyre, Taylor, McQueen, Seyfarth, Smith, Clark and Jennings are all off contract. Thompson is gone … with probably Marshall retirement and Packer and Reynolds being shopped around … we have quite a squad overhaul to look forward to next year.

How early can the club start signing new players to play with club for next year?

Got a couple young outside backs at the club. Probably not ready for first grade but if we get a few injuries they will have to do.

I was concerned about Talau after his performance in the trial against Penrith, though he did pretty well last weekend on the wing. I still don’t think he is ready for centre but maybe the other can make the transition too.

@Newtown said in Current outside backs 'depth chart':

@momo_amp_medo said in Current outside backs 'depth chart':

How early can the club start signing new players to play with club for next year?

Last November

I was concerned about Talau after his performance in the trial against Penrith, though he did pretty well last weekend on the wing. I still don’t think he is ready for centre but maybe the other can make the transition too.

Yeah defensive positioning at centre was a worry, but he looked better on the wing. Defended good and was safe under the high ball, looked good caddying the ball too. Think we will see him there a while longer

John’s is one bloke who looks likely and also looks physically ready for FG. I hope Madge looks at him closely. Bradley is another with his mix of height and speed while apparently Saab has asked the Dragons for another release and lives in Western Sydney. If he gets the release I reckon he will end up here.

@TheDaBoss said in Current outside backs 'depth chart':

@ElleryHanley said in Current outside backs 'depth chart':

1. AD
  2. Tommy
  3. Moses
  4. BJ
  5. Nofa

Next cab = who exactly?

Bradley is in our top 30 I think

Also u r forgetting dylan smith… haven’t heard about him in a while

Smith looked Z grade when I saw him in state cup last season. Looked miles off NRL level.

i havent seen Saab, i know he is tall but is he any good? The two wingers ahead of him dont look much so i dont see how he couldnt be getting a run over them if he was any good

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.