Douhei's Involvement

His involvement is increasing with each game.
Liked how he was used for a couple of kicks against Canberra.
All decent teams have a fullback that adds some ball playing and kicking options.
So far he looks to have the skill set and admitted he hasn’t been happy with his involvement.
Seems safe handling kicks, decent kick returns, positioning still needs work, but hopefully he can add a bit more involvement around the play making duties each week. Training pics suggest as much.
Trending nicely atm.

He’s been improving every game. His running clearly the best aspect of him game but he also has good long passing and kicking too. Good to have a genuine fullback who’s well rounded at the back, yet to see him drop a ball.

The more he plays the better he will get

Getting better each week no doubt.

Adam looks like he’s doing a lot more playmaking in those photos

McIntyre looks a lot bigger than last time I saw him

Not sure if he’s the long term fullback though. I’d be grooming him for 6 and seeing whose out there as a 1. Have to get it right this time. Since Tedesco, we’ve signed 3 replacements we hailed as his successor.

Been very disappointed with Adam , in attack , but then again we are not giving the backs much ball . His defence is o. K , but he has been caught out of position a few times . Hope more games will improve him .

@bptiger said in Douhei's Involvement:

Been very disappointed with Adam , in attack , but then again we are not giving the backs much ball . His defence is o. K , but he has been caught out of position a few times . Hope more games will improve him .

his attack last game was awesome

multiiple line breaks

and 200+ metres

He’s our most dangerous player in attack and was a couple of inches away from a top try assist last week.

I’m sure he could do the job at 5/8 but I think he’s better suited as a fullback.

Fullback or 5/8 long term is interesting. He’s improving with each game at fullback having not played there much, but I tend to agree, he looks more suited to 5/8 atm.
That said I haven’t seen enough of him in either position to judge fairly. Not sure about his speed for fullback. Need to see him in more open space.
Time will tell i guess, but just happy to have a decent fullback for now.

If he were to play 5/8 he would have to play it like Jack Wighton does for Canberra - all about attack and playing what’s in front of him, running the ball heaps as well. His best attribute so far has been his running game which is why I think he’s better at fullback

@weststigerman said in Douhei's Involvement:

He’s our most dangerous player in attack and was a couple of inches away from a top try assist last week.

I’m sure he could do the job at 5/8 but I think he’s better suited as a fullback.

There’s a few wingers in the comp that score that try and give him the try assist. If Nofa was a bit taller he would’ve score I reckon 😂 Adam threw the same pass but to the left winger in the Penrith trial for a try assist as well.

@bptiger said in Douhei's Involvement:

He’s one of our best with Twal. and Grant. I’m glad.we have him locked up because it is obvious he will play at a higher level.

He improves his positional play at the back and he could be a real asset. If he doesn’t I’d still mark him as our long term 6 and chase a quality fullback.

@Cultured_Bogan said in Douhei's Involvement:

He improves his positional play at the back and he could be a real asset. If he doesn’t I’d still mark him as our long term 6 and chase a quality fullback.

I see him as a 6 as well …your fullback with the current rules needs to sit around the middle of ruck like a bad smell waiting for any 2nd phase …Douehi does not seem to do that …but then again I’d say the same for Brooks as well

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.