Would Tedesco Ever Come Back

I just posed this question in the signings thread, but thought it deserved it’s own discussion. What would it take to get Tedesco back here in 2022? Is it possible? It sounds crazy on the surface to entertain such a theory, but premiership after premiership, surely that blunts the hunger and makes you want to set new challenges. By 2022, surely it won’t be about money. He’ll earn a truckload wherever he is. Could he do a LeBron and come back to and try to win one here?

What are people’s thoughts?

last edited by Geo
👍

Roosters will be giving him so many perks, we can’t compete on sheer salary cap alone. He’d have to have a personality change and have the goal of helping a struggling club develop into a successful one.

He didn’t have it before, but who knows, his priorities might change one day.

As much as I love the idea I can’t see Teddy returning to the Tigers. The Roosters will offer him as much as it takes to keep him plus will provide him with further off field incentives now and post football. I don’t believe, unlike Farah & Marshall that he was a Tiger at heart and would return given he has seen first hand how the Roosters operate and it would take a miracle to entice him away from Bondi now.

If you put yourself in his boots for just a second for a moment , why would he …

He has seen on multiple occasions what our fans are like when he makes what he thinks is the best decision for his career

😢

@happy_tiger said in Would He Ever Come Back:

If you put yourself in his boots for just a second for a moment , why would he …

He has seen on multiple occasions what our fans are like when he makes what he thinks is the best decision for his career

I’m sure he’d give as much consideration about what the fans think as I give to the ants running around on the footpath on my morning walk.

👍

don’t think we’ll see him here until incredibly late in his career, say 30 or 31, if at all sadly.

@GNR4LIFE said in Would He Ever Come Back:

I’m sure he’d give as much consideration about what the fans think as I give to the ants running around on the footpath on my morning walk.

He cut off social media after the Canberra situation …it had an effect

Don’t shoot the messenger

Maybe it’s our mentality …when an opposing EPL side comes with a ex player who put in and performed well for a club …he is given a round of applause and shown respect

IMHO, it depends, if the WT play finals in 2020, and 2021, we have a good, dominant forwards and offer competitive money who knows.
ATM we cannot meet any of those conditions.

Maybe it’s our mentality …when an opposing EPL side comes with a ex player who put in and performed well for a club …he is given a round of applause and shown respect

Tedesco gets the reception he gets because of the way he left. Strung the club along for months with imo no intention of ever staying here. Couldn’t even be bothered when voldermort put the deadline down to inform the club he would not be taking up the offer. The club did a lot for Tedesco through those early years, yet as ive said before he barely acknowledges where he came from (except for Camden).
There’s not one person on here who wouldn’t acknowledge what a fantastic player he is, it’s his morals that were questionable. At least he saw some light eventually and got rid of Moses as his manager, although i suspect Uncle Nick may have even played a part in that too.
As for him ever coming back, no i don’t believe that would ever cross his mind unless the other 15 clubs all went broke. He is a Rooster for “lyfe”.

👏

@Furious1 said in Would He Ever Come Back:

Tedesco gets the reception he gets because of the way he left. Strung the club along for months with imo no intention of ever staying here. Couldn’t even be bothered when voldermort put the deadline down to inform the club he would not be taking up the offer. The club did a lot for Tedesco through those early years, yet as ive said before he barely acknowledges where he came from (except for Camden).
There’s not one person on here who wouldn’t acknowledge what a fantastic player he is, it’s his morals that were questionable. At least he saw some light eventually and got rid of Moses as his manager, although i suspect Uncle Nick may have even played a part in that too.
As for him ever coming back, no i don’t believe that would ever cross his mind unless the other 15 clubs all went broke. He is a Rooster for “lyfe”.

Well as mentioned in the past I know how often he changed his mind during the Canberra process …at 1.00 am the night before he decided to sign with Canberra he was signing with the WT’s

Again don’t shoot the messenger …I can only go off what his Dad was telling me

I would have him back

I wouldn’t have moses back tho even for a minimum wage

He bailed on his “mates” to chase a premiership, with Moses the deal was withdrawn. The behaviour of Tedesco and woods was a shocker at the time.
The guy has not much morals but a great footy player and would have been successful wherever he went.
Dont think he is like Robbie and Benji he doesnt think he owes the tigers anything
Hope he did come back though but really doubt it

Let it go…
He’s gone
And what sane high level player would want to be part of what we currently offer- call me a realist!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.