2nd Half Syndrome

Terrible 2nd half

we r getting close to the 80 minutes, but man we had a brainfade in 2nd half

a few unlucky calls went our way tbh

but yea, will need to tighten that up

i do fear for next week tho, 3 injuries

You know Madge won’t hear any excuses for next week. That’s what I like about him.

To be fair, that second half collapse was almost entirely on Chee Kam having absolutely no idea how to defend at center.

MCK v ESAN really was a clash…of who could lose the game for their team the most.

last edited by ElleryHanley

No Twal
No Jennings
No Musgrove
No doubt we switched off in the 2nd = Madge won’t be happy.

Even a 34 point halftime lead didn’t seem safe midway through the second half. Not many teams lead by a margin like that and have to rely on a penalty goal to get far enough in front they can be run down.

Ok the second half was not composed, but a reduced bench and no ball hey did well. Actually their defence was very good, one try from a intercept and one from a bomb. Although I still can not see us beat many teams in the top eight for a while

@Mighty_Tiger said in 2nd Half Syndrome:

No Twal
No Jennings
No Musgrove
No doubt we switched off in the 2nd = Madge won’t be happy.

Any reports on their injuries?

I didnt watch it but if we played with 14 for 40 mins, then im not all that unhappy with the result.

why cant we win games comfortably we are heart attack material every week

I think brainfade is a bit unfair. Players couldn’t be interchanged because of injuries. Jennings injury meant MCK was wing in attack and centre in defence, leaving Mbye on the wing in defence. McIntyre seemed to be playing mostly at lock.
Tigers didn’t seem to have much possession in the 2nd half.

@Mighty_Tiger said in 2nd Half Syndrome:

No Twal
No Jennings
No Musgrove

We didn’t get many minutes from these players:
Twal 29, Musgrove 23 and Jennings 31. Kudos for our forwards for toughing it out.

We has no interchanges and players out of position, but that side of MCK & Mbye was terrible

@supercoach said in 2nd Half Syndrome:

Ok the second half was not composed, but a reduced bench and no ball hey did well. Actually their defence was very good, one try from a intercept and one from a bomb. Although I still can not see us beat many teams in the top eight for a while

That’s the modern game your bench is reduced its always going to cause problems Cowboys played for luck in the second half kicking on the 1st & 2nd tackle bombing at every opportunity our forwards were gassed but kept turning up they played for luck we ended up playing for survival good result we are still a work in progress

What was the go with Reynolds kicking on the third twice , and the video ref deciding the ball wasn’t knocked out when he literally punched at the ball . Still cowboys scored off an intercept and 2 3 kicks . I’m not that upset considering how royally screwed we got by the football gods in the second half

@NJLM78 said in 2nd Half Syndrome:

Even a 34 point halftime lead didn’t seem safe midway through the second half. Not many teams lead by a margin like that and have to rely on a penalty goal to get far enough in front they can be run down.

You just knew it was coming

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.