Our forwards are so young

I was just having a look at the ages of our entire pack and I think you could make an argument that our best top grade forward are all under 24? The only question marks are whether Eisenhuth, Packer or Lawrence belong in our top 17 which… I don’t think they do?

Twal - 23
Grant - 22
Mikaele - 22
Aloiai - 24
Garner - 24
Leilua - 24
Seyfarth - 21
McIntyre - 22
Blore - 19

This has to bode well for our future. This pack is actually very competitive in the NRL and going on ordinary circumstances most of them are several years away from their best NRL performances. The performance and improvement of the likes of Twal, Garner, Aloiai, Mikaele etc. is really promising stuff.

Grant - 22.
Got a feeling this isn’t going to benefit the tigers in years to come tbh.

@kiwitiger said in Our forwards are so young:

Grant - 22.

Yeah it seems like a foregone conclusion that he’s returning to the Storm.

He’s a shoo-in for QLD SOO too, along with Friend. Much better at 9 than Mbye. He’s the best young player we’ve had in some time.

@rihannafan1 said in Our forwards are so young:

Grant - 22.

Yeah it seems like a foregone conclusion that he’s returning to the Storm.

He’s a shoo-in for QLD SOO too, along with Friend. Much better at 9 than Mbye. He’s the best young player we’ve had in some time.

I just posted in an other thread how I think he would improve the storm this year. They miss a real spark.

@facepalmer said in Our forwards are so young:

I was just having a look at the ages of our entire pack and I think you could make an argument that our best top grade forward are all under 24? The only question marks are whether Eisenhuth, Packer or Lawrence belong in our top 17 which… I don’t think they do?

Twal - 23
Grant - 22
Mikaele - 22
Aloiai - 24
Garner - 24
Leilua - 24
Seyfarth - 21
McIntyre - 22
Blore - 19

This has to bode well for our future. This pack is actually very competitive in the NRL and going on ordinary circumstances most of them are several years away from their best NRL performances. The performance and improvement of the likes of Twal, Garner, Aloiai, Mikaele etc. is really promising stuff.

Throw in Clark at 23/24 y.o. (although he’ll probably always be fringe). Just need to add 2 or so more experienced forwards and we’d look real good. Twal is going to be really good as is Leilua and Mikaele.

Who is legitimately going to replace Grant? Between Walters, Liddle, Mbye and Reynolds I don’t see a good option. And Simpkins is a few years away.

All very young and all continue to improve. Add Stefano in next year and that’s the core group we work with in the future. Sign some more strike in the halves/out wide and we are set

Hopefully we sign experience to replace the older boys who are most likely leaving

last edited by JoshColeman99

Grant - 22.

Yeah.

Super bitter that the state comps haven’t allowed Simpkin to continue plying his trade as well.

I think we’ve got the base for a good pack. We need a forward leader to stand up, could be one of those guys or a new singing. But beyond that, we need to work on strike players in our backline.

Walters and Liddle can share the duties between them if we lose Grant

@Jedi_Tiger said in Our forwards are so young:

Walters and Liddle can share the duties between them if we lose Grant

Simpkin

Simpkin willl go great but a few years away

@JoshColeman99 said in Our forwards are so young:

All very young and all continue to improve. Add Stefano in next year and that’s the core group we work with in the future. Sign some more strike in the halves/out wide and we are set

Hopefully we sign experience to replace the older boys who are most likely leaving

The good thing is everyone has seen what is happening to Brisbane right now, so it is highly unlikely that we will allow a situation like that to happen here. By situation, I mean a group of insanely good young players whose egos become too big for their heads.

We’ve got to keep them . That’s the key. They have to want to stay - also key. No use developing a smorgasbord of great forwards for the Rorters and whoever else to come and snatch them away. But they have got to want to stay. And for that to happen they need to think they can win a comp here.

@Jedi_Tiger said in Our forwards are so young:

Simpkin willl go great but a few years away

I can see him getting a run next year.

@Tiger_Steve said in Our forwards are so young:

We’ve got to keep them . That’s the key. They have to want to stay - also key. No use developing a smorgasbord of great forwards for the Rorters and whoever else to come and snatch them away. But they have got to want to stay. And for that to happen they need to think they can win a comp here.

Well Twal, Aloiai, Garner, Mikaele are all on there 2nd or 3rd extensions with the Club with Leilua and Blore signed by Maguire with McIntyre and Seyfarth given there NRL debut here…none of them seem the Matterson flog type so cant see why they can’t be retained when it comes to it…

Think you need to find your positive mindset Steve…it’s not all doom and gloom…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.