Graham Quits from the Dragons

James Graham quits Dragons to return to where it all started at St Helens
English legend James Graham has confirmed he will quit the Dragons to move to St Helens effective immediately.

June 22, 2020 7:36pmMark St John@markdfstjohnSource: FOX SPORTS
James Graham will move to St Helens effective immediately.
James Graham will move to St Helens effective immediately.Source: AAP
Graham played his last game for the Dragons against the Titans in Round 6 and will move home to link with his old club for the rest of the season.

“There were a few scenarios going around and some cause and effect situations back home and I had to think things through,” Graham said on NRL 360.
“I had to work out what I wanted to do and what effect it would have back home and also on the Dragons as well.

“It wasn’t an easy decision, but this gives me the opportunity to go home and finish my career where it all started and play out the next six months and then move on to the next chapter.”

So who will the saints be picking up to replace him?

@Cultured_Bogan said in Graham Quits from the Dragons:

Hopefully Packer wants to go back

Mcqueen

@TheDaBoss said in Graham Quits from the Dragons:

Mcqueen

@jadtiger said in Graham Quits from the Dragons:

Hopefully Packer wants to go back

Should help them out , both McQueen and packer

I read there is suggestions of a loan deal with Billy Magoulias.

last edited by pawsandclaws1

@pawsandclaws1 said in Graham Quits from the Dragons:

Is that for an outside back ? Saab to the sharks for the year , would make a tonne of sense , if the dragons are trying to keep him long term

@Strongee said in Graham Quits from the Dragons:

@pawsandclaws1 said in Graham Quits from the Dragons:

Is that for an outside back ? Saab to the sharks for the year , would make a tonne of sense , if the dragons are trying to keep him long term

I just noted Magoulias’ name. No other name mentioned. The Sharks have just signed two wingers so I doubt they would be in the market for another.

Matt Eisenhuth’s name was mentioned late last week.

Farewell Jimmy Graham. His stint in the NRL was enjoyable to watch, he was definitely a character and a bloke who gave his all.
Awesome player a few years ago. The brutal way in which he played was bound to take it’s toll.

A disaster for St George. He may not be as good as he used to be, but we have seen what has happened at Brisbane. They have the most talented forward pack in the competition, but no experience. Forward packs need guys like him to mentor and protect their young players…

He was a great player. He should be remembered as one of the great English players who came to Australia, alongside names such as Hanley, Schofield, Morley and Burgess.

last edited by Kazoo Kid

What happened with the DeBelin case …22/6 was supposed to be a court hearing

He’d be in the Top 5 best ever Poms in Australia …evenly matched along with Ward , Burgess and Ellis of the modern blokes

Bit sad he couldn’t win a premiership over here

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.