Wests Tigers Team v Canterbury Rd 7

All the Round 7 team news!
Author
Dan Talintyre
Timestamp
Tue 23 Jun 2020, 04:00 PM

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire has made several changes for his side’s Round 7 clash against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Bankwest Stadium.

After a strong last-start win over the North Queensland Cowboys, injuries to Robert Jennings (hamstring), Zane Musgrove (foot) and Alex Twal (knee) have brought about three changes to the side this week as Wests Tigers look to record back-to-back wins for the first time this year.

Oliver Clark returns to the squad in place of Musgrove, while Matt Eisenhuth shifts to lock in place of Twal with Elijah Taylor joining the bench.

Tommy Talau also makes a timely return from injury to replace Jennings on the wing in the only other change to the 21-man squad.

Last week’s debutant Sam McIntyre retains his spot on the bench after a strong showing on debut, while Luciano Leilua is set to play his 50th NRL game on Sunday.

Leilua’s milestone isn’t the only record of note this weekend with the club set to play its 500th game as a club since foundation in 2000.

1 Adam Doueihi
2 David Nofoaluma
3 BJ Leilua
4 Moses Mbye
5 Tommy Talau

6 Josh Reynolds
7 Luke Brooks

8 Josh Aloiai
9 Harry Grant
10 Oliver Clark
11 Luciano Leilua
12 Luke Garner
13 Matt Eisenhuth

14 Elijah Taylor
15 Thomas Mikaele
16 Sam McIntyre
17 Micheal Chee-Kam

18 Benji Marshall
19 Billy Walters
20 Chris Lawrence
21 Reece Hoffman

last edited by Geo

I guess everyone’s mail on Blore was off the mark.

And check out DWZ playing winger for the Dogs? Start of the year fullback, last week centre, now winger?

@avocadoontoast said in Wests Tigers Team v Canterbury Rd 7:

The guy in the @WestsLifePod…ran out of oxygen…

Agree with the team except for MCK.

Hopefully they can get the job done.

No Blore at all. Guess the rumours were wrong (as they often are).

Hopefully ET doesn’t give away a million 6 agains. Bulldogs forwards actually play pretty hard

@Geo said in Wests Tigers Team v Canterbury Rd 7:

@avocadoontoast said in Wests Tigers Team v Canterbury Rd 7:

The guy in the @WestsLifePod…ran out of oxygen…

a very sad state of affairs.

I like that line up though, props Aloiai and Clark come off, for Mika and Eiso, and ET/McIntyre to lock. That’s about the best we have atm.

I hope Chee Kam doesn’t fill in at wing.

I think that’s the best team we can name in the circumstances.

Disappointing pack compared to full strength but we can only go with what we got

@JD-Tiger said in Wests Tigers Team v Canterbury Rd 7:

And check out DWZ playing winger for the Dogs? Start of the year fullback, last week centre, now winger?

Who will be playing opposite DWZ for us, Nofo or TT?

Missing three props due to injury and suspension and the team still looks ok. Depth really being tested.

Bulldogs have a good pack they play simple but they play tough. Their edge defence is weak so we need to win the middle so we can spread the ball like we did against cowboys.

We need to kick at DWZ and put pressure on him all night he often makes mistakes at the back. Hopoate is their danger man close him down as soon as you can don’t give him room

happy with that, just worried about the bench rotation with one out and out front rower named.

@jrtiger said in Wests Tigers Team v Canterbury Rd 7:

happy with that, just worried about the bench rotation with one out and out front rower named.

Madge might be expecting Eiso to play big minutes again

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.