WTs Rnd 8 home game moved to BankWest

Tigers move home game to Bankwest

By AAP
an hour ago

The Wests Tigers will move their next home game against Penrith from Campbelltown to Bankwest Stadium to allow for a bigger crowd.
The round-eight match will be among the first played in front of capped crowds in NSW, with Bankwest Stadium to be able to be 25 per cent full from July.
The Tigers have had the luxury of being able to play at one of their three home grounds over the past month, but Bankwest shapes as a far better option for crowds.
Due to restrictions around hills, it’s believed just 1700 fans would have been let into Campbelltown for the match against Penrith.
An even smaller number would have been likely for Leichhardt.
However Bankwest Stadium’s seated capacity of 30,000 means 7,500 fans will be able to watch the match between the Tigers and Penrith.
“Being able to play our next home at Bankwest Stadium is a great result for our club,” chief executive Justin Pascoe said.
"It allows over three times the number of loyal and passionate members the chance to watch us live for the first time this year.

I hope for these games that the home team member’s get first pick, so pretty much all the tickets.

The away team doesn’t deserve any seating for these round matches.

Repost from Take the Pledge thread.

Wests Tigers move venue for Round 8 home game

Wests Tigers’ Round 8 home game against the Penrith Panthers will be played at Bankwest Stadium after the NRL today approved the decision to change venues.

Originally scheduled to be played at Campbelltown Sports Stadium under strict COVID-19 measures, an improvement in those biosecurity measures will now allow for increased crowds to attend sporting events and for alternative home grounds to be used from July 2 onwards.

Having played their first two home matches in front of minimal crowds at Campbelltown Sports Stadium due to COVID-19 restrictions, Wests Tigers will now take on the Panthers at Bankwest Stadium in order to provide significantly greater fan access.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said the result was a huge benefit for the club’s Members and praised its supporters for their patience over the past few months.

“Being able to play our next home at Bankwest Stadium is a great result for our club because it allows over three times the number of loyal and passionate Members the chance to watch us live for the first time this year,” Pascoe said.

“Our Members have been tremendously supportive and patient throughout this time, and we’re incredibly thankful for their ongoing commitment to this club. To be able to welcome many of them to a home game for the first time this season is a great result for all involved and we’re looking forward to having a vocal crowd cheering us on next Saturday.”

Information regarding Member and fan access for Round 8 will be communicated by the club on Monday, June 29. Any Members who have further questions are encouraged to contact the club via membership@weststigers.com.au or (02) 8741 3300.

Round 8 — Wests Tigers vs. Penrith Panthers

Date: Saturday, July 4

Time: 7:35pm AEST

Venue: Bankwest Stadium, Sydney

Has the club ever provided a breakdown of the split of memberships packages? How many people have memberships that include BankWest? I’d imagine it’s more than 7500 - wonder how they are going to decide who goes to the game.

Information regarding Member and fan access for Round 8 will be communicated by the club on Monday, June 29. Any Members who have further questions are encouraged to contact the club via membership@weststigers.com.au or (02) 8741 3300.

Should be amusing

Having pledged I’d hope to be at the game.

@Chicken_Faced_Killa said in WTs Rnd 8 home game moved to BankWest:

Has the club ever provided a breakdown of the split of memberships packages? How many people have memberships that include BankWest? I’d imagine it’s more than 7500 - wonder how they are going to decide who goes to the game.

The break downs on memberships at certain grounds is more secretive than Area 51 …

7500 may cover the amount of people who have ticketed memberships.

I would hope members who pledged get first crack.

@Tiger5150 said in WTs Rnd 8 home game moved to BankWest:

Members who pledged have 1st access to tickets.

@cochise said in WTs Rnd 8 home game moved to BankWest:

As they should, but I wonder if it is just the Bankwest members?

The email with the 3 choices of what you can do with the membership indicated that they would be flexible with where people attended games

My understanding is people who have membership to one or two grounds can attend the same number of games as their membership included at any of the grounds.

Same, I missed all our home games last year because of illness and thought I would miss all this year as well.

@bathursttiger1 said in WTs Rnd 8 home game moved to BankWest:

Same, I missed all our home games last year because of illness and thought I would miss all this year as well.

Fingers crossed mate, I’m so excited about heading to Bankwest next weekend.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.