Stand up Brooksy

Just want to start by saying I am not one of those Luke Brooks hater, but think it’s high time the club stopped trying to build this football team around him. This is only my opinion but I feel he fails to read a game, take ownership of the team and control plays like your Adam Reynolds, Nathan Clearys, Mitchell Pearces etc do so consistently well. I think his barrier, in his own progress and development, is that he lacks confidence and self belief and this impacts negatively on the structure of the team. Tigers have purchased well recently with the Luleui brothers and Adam Doueihi but the purchases are still built around the long term plans the club has to keep Luke Brooks as the key man. Luke Brooks has ability no doubt but he has to back himself and believe in himself. I may be wrong and I would like nothing more than to see him excell but I am thinking it’s time to start building the club around those recent signings and throw the cheque book at a proven half back like Aidan Sezer who wants to return home to Australia.

👎

Has the bulldogs game alrwady finished ?
Did we lose?

@TheDaBoss said in Stand up Brooksy:

Did we lose?

Jesse sue scored a hatrick
We sucked

@hobbo1 said in Stand up Brooksy:

@TheDaBoss said in Stand up Brooksy:

Did we lose?

Jesse sue scored a hatrick
We sucked

But huth did score first from the kickoff

“I am not a Brooks hater… but” proceeds to go on bagging the bloke anyway.

@bradex said in Stand up Brooksy:

Just want to start by saying I am not one of those Luke Brooks hater, but think it’s high time the club stopped trying to build this football team around him. This is only my opinion but I feel he fails to read a game, take ownership of the team and control plays like your Adam Reynolds, Nathan Clearys, Mitchell Pearces etc do so consistently well. I think his barrier, in his own progress and development, is that he lacks confidence and self belief and this impacts negatively on the structure of the team. Tigers have purchased well recently with the Luleui brothers and Adam Doueihi but the purchases are still built around the long term plans the club has to keep Luke Brooks as the key man. Luke Brooks has ability no doubt but he has to back himself and believe in himself. I may be wrong and I would like nothing more than to see him excell but I am thinking it’s time to start building the club around those recent signings and throw the cheque book at a proven half back like Aidan Sezer who wants to return home to Australia.

Sezer has been at how many clubs? Doesn’t meet my definition of proven!

I don’t hate him at all and as I said previously I would like nothing more than see him reach his full potential. I just don’t think he is the player we should be building this team around.

For someone ‘thats not a Brooks hater’ you’re sounding a lot like a Brooks hater

Reality is today we have HUGE advantages at 7 and 9.

Even this early, you can bet Grant outplays his opposite.

Brooks is light years better than the Dog’s 7…but you just never know if he will get out there and dominate. Needs to today.

@Tiger_2795 said in Stand up Brooksy:

For someone ‘thats not a Brooks hater’ you’re sounding a lot like a Brooks hater

You can have an opinion either way on Brooks and not be a hater. People should stop shouting down others who see issues with Brooks. This is a forum of people who are allowed to have opinions either way on players.

@2005magic said in Stand up Brooksy:

@Tiger_2795 said in Stand up Brooksy:

You can have an opinion either way on Brooks and not be a hater. People should stop shouting down others who see issues with Brooks. This is a forum of people who are allowed to have opinions either way on players.

It’s not necessarily shouting down people who have an issue with him. It’s just that, we get it already, he’s inconsistent. Is there really a need for thousands of posts about it?

@bradex said in Stand up Brooksy:

I’m not a great fan of Brooks either, but I also don’t think Aiden Sezer is any better. Brooks isn’t a standout half that’s for sure and yes I do think he needs a rocket up him too often just to get him to perform consistently, but he holds his own in the middle of the pack of halfbacks in the NRL, imo.

last edited by Spud_Murphy

dont agree but it is a forum and should be heard

I’m no fan because he just won’t push himself enough.
He has improved his defensive game at the cost of attack and managing the team.
Every time I take a swipe at him I hope he turns it around with at least a little consistency… but it doesn’t happen.
These new rules should make him a real running weapon but he doesn’t look like he cares and steers clear of the middle (I’ll give him he seemed to put in more for a while last week).
Nothing to do with being a hater but all about being a realist.
PS In saying that I don’t think Seizer is the answer.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.