Harry Grant

It seems like Storm also got something good out of the swap…i don’t know how but, they did…Momo scored 2 and almost a third.
I would like the NRL to continue to do some more swap deals.

last edited by bacon

@Spud_Murphy said in Harry Grant:

@GNR4LIFE said in Harry Grant:

@pawsandclaws1 said in Harry Grant:

He’s a fine player. We also have a very fine hooker injured and another rated as one of the best young talents in the game. Either way, we are well served.

We also have one of the best young. half talents in Jock Madden. As we know there is a shortage of halves in the NRL. Madden will be a good organiser and will compliment Brooks. Any suggestion of swapping him for Grant would be madness. This is no reflection on Grant who is outstanding.

They are unproven at NRL level, who knows how they will go. With Grant we already know.

Grant was unproven 6 weeks ago

Exactly, he’s a special. What I’ve seen of Liddle’s few games in first grade didn’t bring too much excitement, plus he is always injured! And he has been with us and training with us for years, Grant came in from another club at the last minute, didn’t have an off season with us and was great from the get go! Haven’t seen too many players on our books be able to do that. Sad we won’t have him once Cam retires, but that’s life.

Grant has already shown himself to be one of the best hookers in the comp. In fact I wouldn’t swap him for anyone. He’s a complete gun.

To be fair to Jacob, he has not played any games under THESE rules…which dramatically favor fast hookers. He has also not played behind guys like LL, who is really causing havoc.

Grant is special. He will be a Kangaroo for a long time. The Storm are not stupid, he won’t be let go.

Liddle will also be very good if…big IF…he can just stay healthy for a season or two and really build his game. He could be a future captain.

🤞

@avocadoontoast said in Harry Grant:

He’s a fine player. We also have a very fine hooker injured and another rated as one of the best young talents in the game. Either way, we are well served.

We also have one of the best young. half talents in Jock Madden. As we know there is a shortage of halves in the NRL. Madden will be a good organiser and will compliment Brooks. Any suggestion of swapping him for Grant would be madness. This is no reflection on Grant who is outstanding.

They are unproven at NRL level, who knows how they will go. With Grant we already know.

Exactly, he’s a special. What I’ve seen of Liddle’s few games in first grade didn’t bring too much excitement, plus he is always injured! And he has been with us and training with us for years, Grant came in from another club at the last minute, didn’t have an off season with us and was great from the get go! Haven’t seen too many players on our books be able to do that. Sad we won’t have him once Cam retires, but that’s life.

Grant has already shown himself to be one of the best hookers in the comp. In fact I wouldn’t swap him for anyone. He’s a complete gun.

He is a fine player but I have a feeling Simpkin will be very good for WTs.

🤞

How much would it suck if the dogs ended up getting Grant, all because we didn’t have the cap space. Ironically because we have JR and Mybe on our books…

😳😲

@avocadoontoast said in Harry Grant:

Agree, why fix something that works ?? We have so many real issues, Grant at 9 is certainly not the one!

It’s gonna be hard to see him go 😭😭😭

💪🤞🤗

Simkins only played 1game of CC this year he scored a try and set 2 up in 50 minutes before they took him off he is still learning his trade but as farah said this kid is good still a year away from First grade but he is a player of the future.

🤞

Really ? Liddle made a linebreak every game he played . Look it’s only my opinion but I feel like that’s exactly what he provided. I didn’t see a kicking game, but his service was good and he was dynamic in the run game . He was a bit light on in the defence though

Cronk already in Harry’s ear about going to a “powerful “ club once his contract is up.
Probably end up at the Roosters one day .

Cooper Cronk has warned Wests Tigers rookie revelation Harry Grant that his next career move could be the difference between him becoming an NRL great or a 100-game player.

The four-time premiership winner is adamant if he hadn’t landed at a club like the Melbourne Storm, he would not have been able to build a stellar 375-game NRL career.

And that spells bad news for the Tigers, who haven’t played finals football in almost a decade.

Just five games into his rookie season, Grant’s ascension has been stunning — the hooker is outright second on the Dally M leaderboard behind North Queensland’s Jason Taumalolo after seven rounds.

Grant is on loan at Wests from Melbourne, where uncertainty remains over the future of legendary hooker Cameron Smith and whether he’ll play on again in 2021.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Harry Grant should sign with the club that has the best coach and players, according to Cooper Cronk.
According to Fox League expert commentator Cronk, if Grant is to fully reach his enormous potential, he should consider returning to the Storm even if Smith extends his record-breaking career.

“I’m happy to say on record that if I went to some other clubs I would have been a 100 or 150-gamer at best,” said Cronk, whose decorated career included four premierships with the Storm and Sydney Roosters, 38 caps for the Kangaroos and 22 Origin appearances for Queensland.

“But because I landed at [some good clubs] particularly Melbourne Storm at first … the work ethic and the resources they gave me, I was able to achieve things I never thought were possible.

“For Harry Grant, if the situation comes up, find the club that you think is going to make you become a better person and footy player.”

Harry Grant and a young Cooper Cronk.
Grant landed at the Tigers from Melbourne this season courtesy of a swap deal with outside back Paul Momirovski. He is contracted with the Storm until the end of 2022 and is seen as Smith’s successor, but it’s believed he can activate a get-out clause if the veteran hooker doesn’t hang up his boots.

“Frank Ponissi, the Melbourne Storm’s football director, has been quoted saying even if Cameron Smith goes around, Harry Grant will be coming back to the Storm. That’s a smart move on the Storm’s behalf,” Cronk said.

“What would my advice be to Harry Grant? He seems pretty comfortable at the Wests Tigers, he’s contributed to that team and have won a few games.

“But my advice to any young kid is, go to a club that is going to make you better than you think you can be.

Cooper Cronk celebrates with teammates and coach Trent Robinson after winning the 2019 grand final.
MORE NEWS

The elite list of talent stung by ‘abnormal’ injury bug

Revealed: Eels star’s phenomenal ironman feat

Bulldogs, Dragons line up as Bateman quits Raiders

“Through my career, the example that I have been a part of is good coaches, good clubs, good players can make you achieve greater things than you thought possible.”

Weighing heavily against the Tigers is the fact they haven’t played finals football since 2011. While in that time the Storm have won two premierships and three minor premierships, having not missed September football since 2010 when they played for no competition points as part of a salary cap penalty.

Grant has been a standout in the No.9 jumper for Michael Maguire’s side. He trails Dally M leader Taumalolo (11 points) by just one point after playing just five games.

The 22-year old’s impressive performances have left Tigers fans hoping that Melbourne skipper Smith plays on beyond this season and urging their club to do whatever it takes to retain him.

But even if Smith plays on, history may be against them.

👎

@Wounded_magpie said in Harry Grant:

Cooper Cronk has warned Wests Tigers rookie revelation Harry Grant that his next career move could be the difference between him becoming an NRL great or a 100-game player.

The four-time premiership winner is adamant if he hadn’t landed at a club like the Melbourne Storm, he would not have been able to build a stellar 375-game NRL career.

And that spells bad news for the Tigers, who haven’t played finals football in almost a decade.

Just five games into his rookie season, Grant’s ascension has been stunning — the hooker is outright second on the Dally M leaderboard behind North Queensland’s Jason Taumalolo after seven rounds.

Grant is on loan at Wests from Melbourne, where uncertainty remains over the future of legendary hooker Cameron Smith and whether he’ll play on again in 2021.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Harry Grant should sign with the club that has the best coach and players, according to Cooper Cronk.
According to Fox League expert commentator Cronk, if Grant is to fully reach his enormous potential, he should consider returning to the Storm even if Smith extends his record-breaking career.

“I’m happy to say on record that if I went to some other clubs I would have been a 100 or 150-gamer at best,” said Cronk, whose decorated career included four premierships with the Storm and Sydney Roosters, 38 caps for the Kangaroos and 22 Origin appearances for Queensland.

“But because I landed at [some good clubs] particularly Melbourne Storm at first … the work ethic and the resources they gave me, I was able to achieve things I never thought were possible.

“For Harry Grant, if the situation comes up, find the club that you think is going to make you become a better person and footy player.”

Harry Grant and a young Cooper Cronk.
Grant landed at the Tigers from Melbourne this season courtesy of a swap deal with outside back Paul Momirovski. He is contracted with the Storm until the end of 2022 and is seen as Smith’s successor, but it’s believed he can activate a get-out clause if the veteran hooker doesn’t hang up his boots.

“Frank Ponissi, the Melbourne Storm’s football director, has been quoted saying even if Cameron Smith goes around, Harry Grant will be coming back to the Storm. That’s a smart move on the Storm’s behalf,” Cronk said.

“What would my advice be to Harry Grant? He seems pretty comfortable at the Wests Tigers, he’s contributed to that team and have won a few games.

“But my advice to any young kid is, go to a club that is going to make you better than you think you can be.

Cooper Cronk celebrates with teammates and coach Trent Robinson after winning the 2019 grand final.
MORE NEWS

The elite list of talent stung by ‘abnormal’ injury bug

Revealed: Eels star’s phenomenal ironman feat

Bulldogs, Dragons line up as Bateman quits Raiders

“Through my career, the example that I have been a part of is good coaches, good clubs, good players can make you achieve greater things than you thought possible.”

Weighing heavily against the Tigers is the fact they haven’t played finals football since 2011. While in that time the Storm have won two premierships and three minor premierships, having not missed September football since 2010 when they played for no competition points as part of a salary cap penalty.

Grant has been a standout in the No.9 jumper for Michael Maguire’s side. He trails Dally M leader Taumalolo (11 points) by just one point after playing just five games.

The 22-year old’s impressive performances have left Tigers fans hoping that Melbourne skipper Smith plays on beyond this season and urging their club to do whatever it takes to retain him.

But even if Smith plays on, history may be against them.

Wasn’t Cronk stripped of 2 premierships for cheating ?

Cronk is right to the extent that the teams he played in helped to make him look good and cement his reputation. He was a very good half playing in some great teams. However, in my opinion, he was not a great half like JT.

@fibrodreaming said in Harry Grant:

Cronk is right to the extent that the teams he played in helped to make him look good and cement his reputation. He was a very good half playing in some great teams. However, in my opinion, he was not a great half like JT.

JT did the hard way except for Origin …
As you say Cronk had a dream run .

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.