Tigers with Origin hopes

Let’s talk about whether the Tigers are gonna some selections this year. Who are chances?

I think Grant is a big chance. Maybe even a certainty?

If Nofoaluma maintains this form all year and jags top tryscorer or winger of the year maybe he comes into contention for a wing spot?

Will QLD pick Mbye again?

Maybe QLD will look at Mikaele? They have a habit of picking bolter young forwards and I think Mikaele would probably surprise off the bench for QLD?

Maybe Twal gets a NSW call up if he comes back in good form.

I doubt Brooks will get a mention.

I doubt anyone else gets close. Maybe Garner if he reps QLD? I know he played most of his junior footy on the Gold Coast and went to Palm Beach Currumbin. Is he QLD or NSW?

last edited by facepalmer

too many question marks surrounding Nofo’s defence, but if they pick a squad he could potentially be in the frame.

Grant and M’Bye will be in the squads for Queensland. Mikaele still has some work to do and is probably still a season away at a minimum, Molo is probably their best bet for an impact forward.

I really am hopeful with Twal and think that he’s probably our greatest hope for the blues. lots of footy to still be played though, best just to wait and see

What do you mean duck egg? Mbye played last year.

@GNR4LIFE said in Tigers with Origin hopes:

Do we need any with the disruption it causes teams

Well obviously that was just an oversight wasn’t it

@jrtiger said in Tigers with Origin hopes:

too many question marks surrounding Nofo’s defence, but if they pick a squad he could potentially be in the frame.

Grant and M’Bye will be in the squads for Queensland. Mikaele still has some work to do and is probably still a season away at a minimum, Molo is probably their best bet for an impact forward.

I really am hopeful with Twal and think that he’s probably our greatest hope for the blues. lots of footy to still be played though, best just to wait and see

I think Twal would be our only real chance for an Origin spot and even then he plays in a position where NSW is already well and truly blessed with surplus talent.

Grant is a lock and perhaps Mbye.

You’d think Twal will be in the squad but I doubt he plays. Nofa is going great but he’s got at least Fergo, JAC, Tupou and Anthony Don ahead of him at this stage.

@facepalmer said in Tigers with Origin hopes:

I doubt anyone else gets close. Maybe Garner if he reps QLD? I know he played most of his junior footy on the Gold Coast and went to Palm Beach Currumbin. Is he QLD or NSW?

Pretty sure he’s a Blue my friend.

@rihannafan1 said in Tigers with Origin hopes:

Grant is a lock and perhaps Mbye.

You’d think Twal will be in the squad but I doubt he plays. Nofa is going great but he’s got at least Fergo, JAC, Tupou and Anthony Don ahead of him at this stage.

Mate Don is not even first picked for the Titans on the wing he is buckleys and none of ever playing for NSW lmao.

😂

@rustycage said in Tigers with Origin hopes:

Pretty sure he’s a Blue my friend.

Based on what? I have heard nil about it but he went to high school in QLD and played first grade for Bilambil before he went to Manly?

I’d be happy enough if they all missed out and played for us.

What’s funny is you said there’s been a duck the last few years, yet acknowledged Mbye played last year.

@voice_of_reason said in Tigers with Origin hopes:

I’d be happy enough if they all missed out and played for us.

Origin is at the end of the season. The whole 17 from tonight could be selected and it wouldn’t affect us.

What’s funny is you said there’s been a duck the last few years, yet acknowledged Mbye played last year.

I still struggle to recognise Mbye as a legit selection lol

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Tigers with Origin hopes:

Do we need any with the disruption it causes teams

Origin is after the season mate

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.