Tough Next Week

A wins a win and I’ll take it but the Dogs were horrible. The most positive thing out of tonight is that we didn’t leak points.

Penrith will be alot tougher and will test our defense massively next week. Even though we have put a heap of points on over the past fortnight I’m still not convinced on our attack. At present I think we are attacking as well as can be expected with the quality of player we have. Where we can cement a spot in the 8 is with our defense. St George from memory in 2010 didn’t score alot of points yet still won the comp because no team could break their line.

Against the better sides I can’t see us scoring alot of tries so I think if we can keep out defense strong we can sneak into 7th-8th

We belted the side coming last, that’s what you’re supposed to do. My only concern next week is Kikau Crichton and Mansour against Garner Joey and Nofa, I’m hoping our right side can hold theirs. Were a shot at knocking them over if we do that

The way the game is currently going we can beat anyone if we can match them in defence and attack, on the day. It now has sort of a 9s or touch footy feel about it.
We might not be stacked with guns but look fit - which is a great trait in today’s game - and have shown great defensive effort. Think the play making and particularly our 5th tackle options needs to be pushed to the limit.

Nathan Cleary has been the standout half since the comp resumed and I believe we need to put pressure on his kicking game.
Kikau, Yeo and Korisau are also big threats.
The only obvious weakness I’ve seen from them is Crichton’s questionable defence.

last edited by Lauren

It’s the NRL every week is tough.
Next few weeks we will get a good sense of where we are with the rest of the teams. Panthers, Souths, Broncos and Eels.

I want to see how we fair, who rises to the challenge and who doesn’t.

@Mighty_Tiger said in Tough Next Week:

Next few weeks we will get a good sense of where we are with the rest of the teams. Panthers, Souths, Broncos and Eels.

Knowing us we will hand Broncos there first win after multiple losses lul

If we cut out the early mistakes made in the Dogs game and hang onto the ball we’ll go OK. If we put in a hand-over performance like we did in the first half against the Dogs we’ll get creamed. I don’t expect defence against the Panthers will be an issue.

Completion rates will be key for us. Penrith will make us pay for errors. With respect to the Dogs, their halves offered sweet bugger all last night and they simply could not capitalise on what favourable field position they did have. Penrith will look to exploit our right edge, we got away with it last night as the Dogs seemed gunshy to throw it wide (after the Nofo intercept try perhaps.)

Panthers will be a tough, close game I reckon. And we really should beat Souths. They’re living off past reputation imo. Broncos will be yet another nervous wait and there’s every chance even if we do get to them when we’re on a winning streak, they’ll come good against us. But imagine going in against the eels on a 6 game winning run. What a game that would be.

👊

@TheDaBoss said in Tough Next Week:

Why is that funny…?

They are very beatable, but much more consistent. The game will be decided by how we turn up. The team looks like they are taking responsibility for their performance at the moment, which is half the battle.

Not going to beat to many top sides without a top notch goal kicker. You just can’t keep going up in fours when the other team is going up in six.

The Panthers on current form next to the Roosters are looking like the team most likely. They have it all across the park. Very concerned that we have lost too much up front to match them

@Geo said in Tough Next Week:

@TheDaBoss said in Tough Next Week:

Why is that funny…?

just a bit humorous that we have a tendency to be the Good guys and hand struggling teams a win…

The biggest concern will be how Talau and Nofoaluma handles the air raid coming their way

@happy_tiger said in Tough Next Week:

The biggest concern will be how Talau and Nofoaluma handles the air raid coming their way

Brian To’o is a talent and has plenty of speed

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.