Benji could be playing for rival club this year

Interesting that as soon as the WT start to show any positive form the merdia come in with destabilising rubbish.

last edited by NT_Tiger

@NT_Tiger said in Benji could be playing for rival club this year:

destabilising rubbish.

Hard to destabilise when Benji’s not even playing. Next there’ll be a piece about Joseph Ratu.

@jirskyr said in Benji could be playing for rival club this year:

destabilising rubbish.

Hard to destabilise when Benji’s not even playing. Next there’ll be a piece about Joseph Ratu.

man with hardest to pronounce name, cant make nrl debut due to Bwaith struggling with commentating

@TheDaBoss said in Benji could be playing for rival club this year:

u hear from Madge every week how hard he is going in training, and the same from the other players

i dont see why he would leave

DT Dribble

SMH actually.

Telegraph are actually saying it’s completely rubbish and Madge in an article on NRL.com is saying the same

@colinbh said in Benji could be playing for rival club this year:

u hear from Madge every week how hard he is going in training, and the same from the other players

DT Dribble

SMH actually.

Yeah, hasn’t that paper gone downhill fast since Nine got control of the editorial content.

@jirskyr said in Benji could be playing for rival club this year:

destabilising rubbish.

Doesn’t matter whether Marshall is playing or not. He is looked up to by other players in the team. It is uncalled-for media mierda that could potentially distract from the teams focus.

DT Dribble

Herald… Apparently he told DT it’s crap

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/definitely-a-spot-for-him-brooks-backs-benji-to-play-role-in-tigers-finals-push-20200629-p55766.html

Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks says Benji Marshall will play a role in their finals charge, and Michael Maguire agrees, as the club legend fights to regain his spot in the twilight of his career.

Marshall, whose future at the Tigers has been clouded since he was axed from the top 17 this month, faces an uphill battle to win his place after the joint venture climbed into the top eight with a thumping win over the Bulldogs on Sunday night.

It’s hard to say when he will return to the Tigers’ best 17 in what could be potentially his final year.

Josh Reynolds has revived his career while Marshall is out in the cold, but his old halves partner Brooks won’t hear of the five-eighth not playing a crucial role in the club’s bid to end an eight-year finals drought.

“It’s obviously a tough situation for him,” Brooks said. "He’s a legend of the game and it will obviously be hard for him. That’s the way footy is sometimes, but it’s a long season. Anything can happen. He might be back in the side before you know it.

“He’s still got a lot of footy in him. With the fact there’s no reserve grade at the moment, coaches might see a chance to rotate players. There are a lot of fresh players that haven’t played much footy. But I think there’s definitely a spot for him throughout the year.”

On Monday, Maguire was adamant Marshall is still very much a part of the club’s plans. Premiership heavyweights Parramatta (Mitchell Moses) and Manly (Tom Trbojevic and Dylan Walker) have suffered key injuries to playmakers.

Harry Grant’s arrival on loan from Melbourne has added attacking spark to the Tigers, who have also benefited from the energy of Reynolds after a turbulent few months.

Maguire’s men take on second-placed Penrith in a western Sydney derby at Bankwest Stadium on Saturday night.

“The new rules suit his style of play,” Brooks said. "I think we’re going well together and we’re still finding what’s best for us. He’s different to Benji and it’s taken a bit of time, but I’m happy with where we’re at.

“[Penrith] are playing some good footy. Nathan Cleary is playing some great footy and he’s someone we’re going to have to shut down.”

Hasn’t he said many times on NRL 360 that he no longer has a manager?

@happy_tiger said in Benji could be playing for rival club this year:

@JD-Tiger said in Benji could be playing for rival club this year:

I assume this is just a media beat-up, just pure media rubbish, and will treat it as such.
If there’s any truth to the story, then Benji will have tarnished his legacy again, which he built originally previously tarnished, then rebuilt.

I fully expect him to release a statement saying that this rumour is rubbish.

It better be …or he can go screw himself

With this isolation thing happening he might have to do it himself

I wasn’t supportive of dropping Benji but I’ve been proven wrong so far. I still think Benji should be 5/8, nothing against Reynolds who I’ve always said is a decent player, but I just rate Benji as adding an extra element to our attack. Since he’s been out we had zero in attack against Canberra, a good 1st half against the cows and a rubbish 2nd half and a great performance against the dogs. None of those teams are in form and our play has been patchy. But I’d say Madge has so far been proven right in his daring move because it definitely feels like there’s been progress on both sides of the ball since Marshall was dropped in terms of defensive starch and attacking cohesion. We’ll see how it plays out against sterner opposition. But for both sentimental and practical reasons I hope this story isn’t true.

I forgot something someone told me …when Zoey left Brisbane she wasn’t happy

@watersider said in Benji could be playing for rival club this year:

I wasn’t supportive of dropping Benji but I’ve been proven wrong so far. I still think Benji should be 5/8, nothing against Reynolds who I’ve always said is a decent player, but I just rate Benji as adding an extra element to our attack. Since he’s been out we had zero in attack against Canberra, a good 1st half against the cows and a rubbish 2nd half and a great performance against the dogs. None of those teams are in form and our play has been patchy. But I’d say Madge has so far been proven right in his daring move because it definitely feels like there’s been progress on both sides of the ball since Marshall was dropped in terms of defensive starch and attacking cohesion. We’ll see how it plays out against sterner opposition. But for both sentimental and practical reasons I hope this story isn’t true.

Benji was good in attack. He is actually having his best year offensively (in terms of stats) since 2012. However, his defence was so bad he had to be dropped.

For anyone interested, Benji was just specifically asked(on NRL360) if it hurts to see the team do so good without him in it. His response was “we need to play finals footy, don’t we”.
There’s no uncertainty surrounding his future with the club and he knows he’s on standby.

Not one sign of bitterness. So leave us be media scum…

Edit: he also expressed his enjoyment of currently watching Harry, Grub, Brooks and AD. Is a big fan of Harry and believes he’s more than ready for Origin.

last edited by Lauren

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.