Is there still no love for David Nofoaluma?

I’ve always rated him, and has always had pride in the jersey. Could it be that with Leiula alongside him, his perceived weaknesses have gone?

He is a great attacking player, does a lot of dirty work, one of the toughest guys to tackle, he does however have some issues in defence.

He needs to lose the spook plays

Playing career best footy. Defence issues haven’t been as much of an issue the last few weeks and his attack has been on another level never seen him score and create so many tries

I have love for him. He does a lot of dirty work out of his end, scores a swag of tries and loves his team. Yes, he can make mistakes in defense and he’s not tall but the positives far outweigh the negatives. You only have to listen to the commentators and opposition coaches and players to know that he’s highly rated. He can be rocks and diamonds which is why his support on this forum is like a roller-coaster.

I hope you are correct, but still think that his weaknesses in defence are still there, and will be exposed, perhaps against Panthers.
On the other hand he is one of our ‘in form’ players in attack, his customary hard runs create momentum we need, especially when with Twal and Masgrove out.

Has been playing out of his skin the last few weeks. Interested to see how he goes defending the same side as Kikau.

@Tiger_heart said in Is there still no love for David Nofoaluma?:

I’ve always rated him, and has always had pride in the jersey. Could it be that with Leiula alongside him, his perceived weaknesses have gone?

The 2 main weaknesses imo where Benji and before that Kevie both would charge out of the line or not be in a defensive position.Dont get me wrong Nofo has his defensive issues like everybody else but much of the blame should have been directed at others who were the weaker link before it got to him.

Nuffie is a good NRL player nothing more nothing less … needs to make high percentage plays like intercepts as he is court short defensively heaps . Last night does not take intercept 2 outside of him again there’s 6 points .

I have to put my hand up and say I was one of the ones that would have dropped Nofa. He has been absolutely amazing and definitely proved me wrong. I’d even say he’s up there with Grant in our best players since the footy has come back. In attack he seems almost unstoppable. Nofa & leiluia are going to be something special together. In defence, while he still gets exposed , I actually think more often than not it’s his inside men to blame.

last edited by 05TIGZZ

I think that in the last few weeks he has stepped up another level because he has a quality centre inside him and with JR in the team the backline has been given more ball to work with…
I think its a nice change watching the backline movements now instead of being halted once it got to Benji…
Not having a dig at Benji but its a new brand of football that the team is playing…

@Snake said in Is there still no love for David Nofoaluma?:

Nuffie is a good NRL player nothing more nothing less … needs to make high percentage plays like intercepts as he is court short defensively heaps . Last night does not take intercept 2 outside of him again there’s 6 points .

And if he stays in the line it’s 2 on 1. So probably a good quick decision which came off in his favour. We needed that try - we couldn’t crack them and had they got a roll on, maybe we struggle.

I have been watching a little more of Nofo in the last few weeks to try and assess the defensive lapses he apparently has. He’s not without fault but there are a number of times our defensive line is compressed and he is left on his pat in a 2 or 3 man overlap. That’s a structural issue.

You’ll never have found me once say a bad word about him, absolutely love the way he runs every possession with so much grit - you can teach football ability, but you can’t teach the passion and heart that this kid has for the club

It’s hard not to love Nofa. He wears his heart on his sleeve and as far as taking the hard yards there is no better winger in the game.But with that you get all the other mindless decisions - still would pick him every week.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.