Darren Senter

I liked Senter and the way he tried to get under other players skin …he was a far better player than many thought …and I always forget he was a Doggies boy originally

But always got the feeling he was not a fan favourite or a Forum favourite …bit too grubby for some it seemed

@happy_tiger said in Darren Senter:

I liked Senter and the way he tried to get under other players skin …he was a far better player than many thought …and I always forget he was a Doggies boy originally

But always got the feeling he was not a fan favourite or a Forum favourite …bit too grubby for some it seemed

Can’t recall him ever doing anything classed as grubby though. He was a niggler and always quick with a quip but he wasn’t a grub IMO.

Hollywood was a great player…inspirational

@watersider said in Darren Senter:

Typified the late 90s tigers: hard working, very little speed or size, some dumb plays and very little talent or spark. Sounds harsh but don’t mean it to be, just how they were.

Best underdog win I can remember was against Norths. We won 9-7.

Mick Gillet scored I think

@Fade-To-Black said in Darren Senter:

@happy_tiger said in Darren Senter:

Can’t recall him ever doing anything classed as grubby though. He was a niggler and always quick with a quip but he wasn’t a grub IMO.

Neither did I …but I remember a thread about old players and a few didn’t like his actions

balmain beat norths 9 - 7 at leichhardt oval
Gillet scored
Michael withers kicked a penalty
Morrison played in that game too

Used to love his work with the Ab King Pro ads on late-night telly.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.