Broncos

Just read an article about some players receiving death threats on social media.

Alex Glen said something along the lines of people telling players to go kill themselves (which isn’t exactly a death threat, but anyway)

I thought to myself, just don’t use social media if you don’t like what’s being said about you.
Then I read this quote from Glen
“I can switch off from social media but some of these boys can’t.”
Really!!! They CAN’T

What’s preventing them from switching off social media I wonder, I’d love to know.
Anyone got any ideas as to what could possibly be preventing these players from not being on social media.

Last time I checked you can just delete apps it’s amazing push the “Delete” button, there ya go, it’s gone, no more social media.

@Hangonaminute said in Broncos:

Just read an article about some players receiving death threats on social media.

Alex Glen said something along the lines of people telling players to go kill themselves (which isn’t exactly a death threat, but anyway)

I thought to myself, just don’t use social media if you don’t like what’s being said about you.
Really!!! They CAN’T

What’s preventing them from switching off social media I wonder, I’d love to know.
Anyone got any ideas as to what could possibly be preventing these players from not being on social media.

Last time I checked you can just delete apps it’s amazing push the “Delete” button, there ya go, it’s gone, no more social media.

Probably a bit like us trying to stay off this forum ?!

Really!!! They CAN’T

Being an older guy i agree - i can choose whether to use social media or not - doesn’t bother me. However we have a teenage girl living with us and she is addicted to it. I do believe its an age thing and peer pressure that keeps younger ones going back for more.

Broncos fans 😂 what a joke.
One bad season and it’s the end of the world.
I saw a video on Facebook,it was a broncos fan burning his jersey 🔥

Try going for a team the NRL doesn’t love

@diedpretty said in Broncos:

Really!!! They CAN’T

Being an older guy i agree - i can choose whether to use social media or not - doesn’t bother me. However we have a teenage girl living with us and she is addicted to it. I do believe its an age thing and peer pressure that keeps younger ones going back for more.

I understand, but would you say that she CAN’T switch it off?

Some of them might have contracts which require them to use social media. So yeah, some of them can’t switch it off.

Really!!! They CAN’T

They CAN switch it off if they want to, the thing is, they don’t want to.
Instead they want to read things that they don’t like so they can take to the very platform they read it on and complain about it.

Social media is part of your brand, its about marketing yourself so it is financially important to people in the public eye or those that want to be.
Its also an evil place where the mob have great power without any responsibility.

Really!!! They CAN’T

yes she could but as for leaving it off - no way

Really!!! They CAN’T

100% agree. It’s seriously addictive. Smart phones in general have strong links to our impulses. Before we know it, some of us have opened our phones and are clicking on an app.

Really!!! They CAN’T

This idea that someone “can’t” leave social media off is preposterous.

Of course they can, I do, I’ve never been on Facebook or Twitter or anything else.
It’s not that they can’t, they just don’t want to, as I said.

(I’m not interested in arguing about this forum being social media, if anyone had the thought)

I think the issue here isn’t about turning off social media. It’s about people thinking it’s acceptable to send these types of messages to the players or to post these types of comments on social media.

The players are human beings, they’ve got friends and family just like we do. They’ve got every right to use social media and to do so without being told to kill themselves after losing a game of footy.

The conversation shouldn’t be focused on the players deleting an app if they don’t like what’s being said. The focus should be on setting a standard in society where it’s not okay to tell anyone to kill themselves.

@rihannafan1 said in Broncos:

Really!!! They CAN’T

100% agree. It’s seriously addictive. Smart phones in general have strong links to our impulses. Before we know it, some of us have opened our phones and are clicking on an app.

Totally agree, there’s no denying that.
But saying they “can’t” leave social media is ridiculous, of course they can.

Players shouldn’t have to be forced to not use social media because idiots are sending them horrible messages. They’re going bad but they don’t deserve that crap.

@Sausagesorcerer said in Broncos:

Broncos fans 😂 what a joke.
One bad season and it’s the end of the world.
I saw a video on Facebook,it was a broncos fan burning his jersey 🔥

Try going for a team the NRL doesn’t love

I didn’t think you can burn faeces?😁

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.