AFL imploding

Hey just watching the news and the AFL is imploding . It’s weird ! The sport is apparently unwatchable at the moment , as well as none of thier players seem to understand what isolation means .
Their talking heads are having a field day

Good , it’s unAustralian to play a game u can’t beat the Poms at.

😆

It’s comforting to think that the fans of that God awful game are envious of leagues success in these difficult times. What a bunch of numpties.

AFL with no crowds is a very hard game to broadcast on a screen because the cameras have to focus on the ball and the empty seats are always in full view with all the high shots… Also having 36 players all in a pile on the ground doesn’t help either.

@Strongee said in AFL imploding:

Hey just watching the news and the AFL is imploding . It’s weird ! The sport is apparently unwatchable at the moment , as well as none of thier players seem to understand what isolation means .

Loving hearing the AFL journo’s crying in their saucer of milk, heard one on the radio today say “Peter V’Landys is very lucky he doesn’t have to manage a truly national comp”. 😂Sad sacks. Wouldn’t a truly national comp include Tasmania and the Northern Territory as well? ACT?
Their heads are that far up their own bums in AFL-land, it’s fun to watch their brand squirm TBH.

@supercoach said in AFL imploding:

AFL with no crowds is a very hard game to broadcast on a screen because the cameras have to focus on the ball and the empty seats are always in full view with all the high shots… Also having 36 players all in a pile on the ground doesn’t help either.

Think that’s why they so many banners in the stands

@Fade-To-Black said in AFL imploding:

Loving hearing the AFL journo’s crying in their saucer of milk, heard one on the radio today say “Peter V’Landys is very lucky he doesn’t have to manage a truly national comp”. 😂Sad sacks. Wouldn’t a truly national comp include Tasmania and the Northern Territory as well? ACT?
Their heads are that far up their own bums in AFL-land, it’s fun to watch their brand squirm TBH.

I’m glad in AFL they know who the boss of the NRL is. I certainly couldn’t tell you the boss of AFL. I can guarantee you I’ve never heard of the person.

Not to mention, the NRL is actually international with NZ being a part of the comp. V’landys definitely had his share of logistical issues.

I’d rather stick pins in my eyes than watch aerial ping pong the game of forward passes, knock-ons and they even get a point for missing. It resembles a bunch of kids chasing a plastic bag floating in the breeze.

A ‘truly national comp’ wouldn’t have half of its teams based in one city, which is not even our largest city. It wouldn’t have 3 quarters of its teams south of the Murray, it would have a team in the nation’s capital, it would have at least one team north of Brisbane, it would have more than 2 teams in our most populous state, etc etc etc

@Tigerwould said in AFL imploding:

Good , it’s unAustralian to play a game u can’t beat the Poms at.

Bwahahahahahahaha genius at work right here. Hilarious

My kid loves it and plays it. So I have the toothpicks out when it’s on. This year is horrendous. Not to mention they lost control of the media, and have a small racism problem now (and the last few years).

AFL likes to promote itself as the winter code of the nation however they have teams in nsw and qld that not many care about. If you speak to AFL die hard about this they almost go into cardiac arrest.

AFL is actually a decent game to watch live but rubbish on TV because so much happens in the background. They are panicking because people are bored because they aren’t at the game. Throw that in with most of there clubs potentially being excluded from travelling out of the state and they are in a position where they may not be able to finish the season.

On top of that Rugby League has been able to arrange for a team from New Zealand to play in there comp as well as relocate a team from Victoria at short notice.

AFL leaders where telling the media that NRL is trying to return to quickly and now they are the ones who look like they might fail.

Personally I played AFL with some mates in high school after switching from rugby league and it is a pretty simple game. Even made a couple of rep teams. However I wouldn’t watch it on TV, happy to go to a game live and bag out swans supporters but that’s about it.

Hopefully the league players can continue to control themselves and we don’t get some kind of outbreak but I think having the NZ boys away from their families helps drill home how important being sensible is.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.