Doueihi enjoying sharpened focus

Doueihi enjoying sharpened focus in recent weeks
Author - Wests Tigers
Timestamp - Wed 1 Jul 2020, 04:00 PM

Wests Tigers fullback Adam Doueihi says a sharpened focus by the side after back-to-back defeats has helped team claw their way back in to the top eight heading in to Saturday’s clash with the Panthers.

With his side disappointing in their Round 4 loss to the Titans almost a month ago, the 21-year-old said being able to reset as a playing group and improve their overall standards had been key in turning around their on-field performances.

“I think we’ve just really narrowed down our mindset,” Doueihi reflected.

"It was sort of a blessing in disguise to have that loss to the Titans. It was a really big wake-up call for us as a playing squad and as a club as a whole.

"Madge and us as a playing group are sick of us, as a club, losing every second match and winning every now and then. It’s time for change for us now — we’ve built a good squad and there’s a good squad here.

"We’ve worked hard this season to put ourselves in this position in the top eight.

“We’re coming off two wins in a row and we’re looking forward to building off it come this weekend. We’ll be ready to go again.”

Having started the season in the centres before shifting back to fullback once the season resumed in late May, Doueihi said he had been enjoying growing in the role and paid credit to the spine’s overall performance at Wests Tigers.

“We’re gelling really well together,” Doueihi enthused. "Each game we’re playing together we’re really understanding each other’s games more and the more time that we spend on the training paddock in review is helping.

"Madge and Shane Millard — our attack coach — have done a good job at getting us in the picture at the same time and linking up with each other as much as possible.

"That’s where we feel we’ve had the most success this year.

“Our combinations are still improving and they’re still getting stronger. I’m really excited for where it could take us and we’re definitely heading on the right path.”

Do they actually pay people to make different headlines each week and come at things from different angles? What a gig

That’s a relief. Sometimes a sharpened focus can be unenjoyable so it’s comforting to know this isn’t the case for Adam.

All I need now is a player to say they’re targeting an 80 minute performance and I can relax a bit.

Do we need to win this game to become a serious Top 8 contender ??

@GNR4LIFE said in Doueihi enjoying sharpened focus:

Do they actually pay people to make different headlines each week and come at things from different angles? What a gig

They clearly don’t pay someone to edit their articles.

This:

"Madge and us as a playing group are sick of us, as a club, losing every second match and winning every now and then. It’s time for change for us now — we’ve built a good squad and there’s a good squad here.

Should have been this:

“Madge and the playing group are sick of losing every second match and winning every now and then. It’s time for us to change — we’ve built a good squad here”.

@AJ1 said in Doueihi enjoying sharpened focus:

This:

Should have been this:

“Madge and the playing group are sick of losing every second match and winning every now and then. It’s time for us to change — we’ve built a good squad here”.

Probably gets paid by the word.

@happy_tiger said in Doueihi enjoying sharpened focus:

It would go a way to getting some credibility but we still have those major lapses against sub-standard clubs that always tempers our credibility.
Would love to get one up on slimy Ivan on Saturday, he’s looking pretty smug recently.

@happy_tiger said in Doueihi enjoying sharpened focus:

I think we need to win this game to show that we have taken the challenge to win games every week…not just 1 win 1 loss as has been the case for years…If you know anything about this club and rugby league in general you can see real reform taking place at the moment within this club…and its a pleasant change…

Good talking if it leads to an 80 minute effort on Saturday night

These articles are just quotes from the press conferences which I prefer watching. Lately they’ve just asked the same rubbish questions every week though

@AJ1 said in Doueihi enjoying sharpened focus:

This:

Should have been this:

I cant remember the last draw we had, so I’m trying to work out the alternative to a loss if we lose every second game and win every now and then. 🤔

I hate these articles. No matter who we play we’re now guaranteed to lose. This goes back to when we won two games in a row to start the season in 2002 and Telegraph put a photo of terry lamb smoking a cigar with his feet up on the desk as if we’d won a premiership. we lost the next match and slumped after that.

@watersider said in Doueihi enjoying sharpened focus:

I hate these articles. No matter who we play we’re now guaranteed to lose. This goes back to when we won two games in a row to start the season in 2002 and Telegraph put a photo of terry lamb smoking a cigar with his feet up on the desk as if we’d won a premiership. we lost the next match and slumped after that.

We haven’t strung more than 2 wins together for a very long time. Not this year or for the entire 2019 season at least. It would be a real achievement if we won this week.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.