There ought to be an investigation

Two of the Tigers forwards forced from the field after high shots apparently no where near as bad as a half hearted clip to the head that did not result in any injury or loss of game time yet will cost the perpetrator suspension of 4-6 weeks. Have the Penrith players responsible for the high shots been reported. If so it will be interesting to see what penalties are imposed.

didn’t Kikau get a few high shots in?

@OzLuke said in There ought to be an investigation:

I actually thought Kikau was out to hurt someone last night.

@Tcat said in There ought to be an investigation:

the edict from Cleary would’ve been that their forwards were bigger than ours so go out and intimidate. It didn’t work but because the NRL want a panthers slimers gf they got away with it…how could Api not get cited??? beyond me

@Tcat said in There ought to be an investigation:

I believe he got Doueihi twice up high, as did Luai but this all naturally went unnoticed by the refs.
Was also flabbergasted by the touchie re:Mansour’s PTB and Crichton losing it during the attempt to take him over the sideline - think it was ruled a strip despite no hands in or around the ball. Haven’t rewatched the game but thought he lost it when getting dragged.

No one should be defending Joey’s behaviour from last night but I’m getting annoyed with the media’s coverage on it. Yes it should be expected but it’s completely overshadowing the game.
Just hope it has no influence on any future refereeing either tbh because our performances have been improving since that Titans game and the last thing I want to see as a fan, is an unfair refereeing advantage based upon the actions of Joey Leilua.

Also did anyone notice the failure of a HIA on Kikau after a head knock? I thought the game was cracking down on this type of thing and tbh he didn’t seem 100% to me.

And what about the high shot on McIntyre? I can’t remember who was responsible bit it was a blatant late swinging arm.

PV has another area to clean up imo,the referees and match review committee.I have seen cleaner sewers

😂

@jadtiger said in There ought to be an investigation:

PV has another area to clean up imo,the referees and match review committee.I have seen cleaner sewers

Yep - drain the swamp!

@stevied said in There ought to be an investigation:

And what about the high shot on McIntyre? I can’t remember who was responsible bit it was a blatant late swinging arm.

wasn’t that a head clash?

So, Dylan Napa got sent from the field and 3 weeks for this effort on Andrew.

But the tigers get absolutely nothing for a similar style of careless tackle on Sam. 😳

last edited by Tigerlily

The Napa incident is a valid comparison to what happened to McIntyre. The hit on LL while probably not intentional was careless contact at least.

In his inteview madge said he needed to talk to the officials which is the first time I have ever heard that from him. So he also felt it was pretty one sided

The main issue were the play the balls / ruck…they got multiple pens in a row which gave them huge momentum and directly led to their final 7 points.

The exact same things were done by Penrith in the ruck…no pens.

@raudallas said in There ought to be an investigation:

The Napa incident is a valid comparison to what happened to McIntyre. The hit on LL while probably not intentional was careless contact at least.

The hit on LL was no accident he was low on the ground attempting to secure the ball Api comes in with the swing arm that hits him on the chin all he had to do was fall on LL to make the tackle no need to swing the arm as long as the NRL continues to allow "accidental "contact with the head the more it will happen

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.