New rule

If in a game we lose a player like Sam McIntyre or Luciano Leilua the offending player is sent to the sin bin and stays there till our player returns to the field.
If our player has gone for the game then the offending player too.
Why should it cost us a win, a loss of players and the opposition continues on unpenalised as their player is still playing.
Time someone changed the rule.
Also players running through and taking out the last play kicker, someone’s going to get hurt.
The roosters game the other night saw friend on a number of times crash into that player and the refs turn a blind eye.

That’s why there’s a bench

@tim-and-Bennie said in New rule:

If in a game we lose a player like Sam McIntyre or Luciano Leilua the offending player is sent to the sin bin and stays there till our player returns to the field.
If our player has gone for the game then the offending player too.
Why should it cost us a win, a loss of players and the opposition continues on unpenalised as their player is still playing.
Time someone changed the rule.
Also players running through and taking out the last play kicker, someone’s going to get hurt.
The roosters game the other night saw friend on a number of times crash into that player and the refs turn a blind eye.

The rule should cover if a player is put on report and the player he committed the foul on is required to leave the field that player is to leave the field also he can only return once the fouled player comes back on the offending team loses an interchange and the other team is not disadvantage if the player cannot return.

Yeah no. This would lead to all kinds of farcical situations. Players already try and stay down too much to get a penalty imagine if they could take the opposition’s best player out of the game, just by staying injured

Well isn’t that what happened to us, Penrith’s best player took out Luciano and played on and after his brother gave the Penrith full back his right arm , he lay on the ground for 30 seconds and was full recovered to be interviewed on TV

A rule that needs to be included is putting the neck crusher in with the 15min HIA. How does the trainer know if the neck really has been compromised or not. It would also stop certain players milking penaltirs from a soft crusher.

I’ve said in the past if a player fails a HIA then the player that inflicted it should get an automatic sin bin (assuming it was deemed penalty worthy and not accidental).

The only problem is if it happens in the last 15 minutes of the game. In that case they should be binned on the assumption they’d have failed.

Bench should be extended to 6 players, you can only use 4 but it gives teams options for using different strategies in different games and cover injuries.
The hit on LL was unfortunate, can’t really do much about it.

@old_man_tiger said in New rule:

Bench should be extended to 6 players, you can only use 4 but it gives teams options for using different strategies in different games and cover injuries.

This is a rule change idea I like. Would also become a great in game strategy around which bench players to use

Head-first tackling, pretty dodgy. What’s McIntyre supposed to do?

I thought passing players were supposed to be protected?
a6d262a1-4048-4d6c-9af4-a742de2acb0c-image.png

last edited by jirskyr

@jirskyr said in New rule:

Saw it as charging deliberately and leading with the head live, writing about it in the game thread and have seen nothing to alter my opinion on it.

@old_man_tiger said in New rule:

IMO it was more than unfortunate, it looked for all money like a shoulder-charge. Should’ve been a penalty and put on report at a minimum.

👍

@formerguest said in New rule:

@jirskyr said in New rule:

Saw it as charging deliberately and leading with the head live, writing about it in the game thread and have seen nothing to alter my opinion on it.

I am sure Annesley finds nothing wrong with it just like his officials during the game.

Making the offending player also leave the field would just open up another area of the game for coaches to manipulate. If we had Jennings come off for a HIA assessment as a result of a high shot by someone like (say) Gutherson or Sivo you would automatically fail him wouldn’t you?

But I agree that a team shouldn’t have it’s bench reduced by losing players due to foul play by the opposition. Wouldn’t it be easier to allow the side which has lost a player to replace the bench position with one of its nominated reserves.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.