Please Explain To Me The Alleged Knock-On???

The tackle that gave Penrith the ball for them to score their first try. I foget who it was got smashed in the tackle and as he was standing up the ball slipped down to his hip where he kept hold of it. How is that a knock on???
I rarely knock refs but last night was horrible.

😡

@Honkylips said in Please Explain To Me The Alleged Knock-On???:

The tackle that gave Penrith the ball for them to score their first try. I foget who it was got smashed in the tackle and as he was standing up the ball slipped down to his hip where he kept hold of it. How is that a knock on???

It was all the blind refs interpretation

No one will ever know as there was no replay

We were ripped off …

I’m still angry 😤

@hobbo1 said in Please Explain To Me The Alleged Knock-On???:

We were ripped off …

I’m still angry 😤

I replayed it a couple of times and I’m at a loss.

We were ripped off …

I’m still angry 😤

There needed to be a camera shot from the other side … there was none …
Games rigged 🤬

We were ripped off …

I’m still angry 😤

There needed to be a camera shot from the other side … there was none …
Games rigged 🤬

It was similar to when you are carrying a couple of books and they slip. You re-adjust to stop them from being dropped. It is madness.

Pleased that someone posted about this. I was fortunate enough to be at the game and sitting in line with that tackle. I really couldn’t see a knock on. A genuinely good tackle but I never saw the ball being lost. From memory it took a while before the whistle was blown to rule a knock on?

It wasn’t. You knew from that moment that it looked like Gee had money on the Panthers.

We were ripped off …

I’m still angry 😤

I just watched it again on Kayo, with him juggling the ball as Kikau half ripped it out whilst they were getting to their feet. The tackle had long been completed, the ball didn’t hit another player after the opposition player dislodged it whilst removing his arm from under it, so stuffed if I know how it could be anything other than a penalty to WT if not play on, as it can’t be a loose carry at that point.

@formerguest said in Please Explain To Me The Alleged Knock-On???:

We were ripped off …

I’m still angry 😤

I just watched it again on Kayo, with him juggling the ball as Kikau half ripped it out whilst they were getting to their feet. The tackle had long been completed, the ball didn’t hit another player after the opposition player dislodged it whilst removing his arm from under it, so stuffed if I know how it could be anything other than a penalty to WT if not play on, as it can’t be a loose carry at that point.

I haven’t seen it close up but going off your description above that is 100% a knock on.
If a player loses possession into another player and then regathers it, it is a knock on. You described it as Clark lost control of the ball as Kikau removed his hand, with his hand on the ball and Clark grabbed it again. That unfortunately as the rules state a knock on. Some more fortunate teams may have been overlooked here but it’s still a knock on.

@Needaname said in Please Explain To Me The Alleged Knock-On???:

We were ripped off …

I’m still angry 😤

I haven’t seen it close up but going off your description above that is 100% a knock on.
If a player loses possession into another player and then regathers it, it is a knock on. You described it as Clark lost control of the ball as Kikau removed his hand, with his hand on the ball and Clark grabbed it again. That unfortunately as the rules state a knock on. Some more fortunate teams may have been overlooked here but it’s still a knock on.

Clark, what’s it got to do with him?

No, hands on the ball is not allowed after a tackle is completed and it didn’t touch the opposition after being removed. If it was stripped in a tackle then hit the ground it would be a knock on against the stripper and six again if the attacker regained possession, which is what happened, as Kikau effectively stripped it as he removed his arm after the tackle was completed. It would be totally different had he held position as a tangled defender and Garner had dropped it.

last edited by formerguest

Just watched it again, Kikau racked the ball. And we got done for a loose carry.

@Needaname said in Please Explain To Me The Alleged Knock-On???:

We were ripped off …

I’m still angry 😤

Clark, what’s it got to do with him?

No, hands on the ball is not allowed after a tackle is completed and it didn’t touch the opposition after being removed. If it was stripped in a tackle then hit the ground it would be a knock on against the stripper and six again if the attacker regained possession, which is what happened, as Kikau effectively stripped it as he removed his arm after the tackle was completed. It would be totally different had he held position as a tangled defender and Garner had dropped it.

Garner, right, I actually thought it was him. But someone mentioned Clark at the game so I got mistaken.

I think the most recent poster explained what I was trying to say. Whether or not he dropped it, it is ruled a loose carry ‘unless’ the referee decides that Kikau had striped the ball out of his hands. As he wasn’t, and as you mentioned he removed his arm after the tackle was completed and we bobbled it whether or not it feel to the ground he still lost control by way of a strip that wasn’t called.
Should have been called a strip 6 again, but obviously the ref didn’t think Kikau made a deliberate attempt to strip the ball. He was just wrapping the ball up.

@rah53 said in Please Explain To Me The Alleged Knock-On???:

Just watched it again, Kikau racked the ball. And we got done for a loose carry.

Yeah, but unlike dislodging by contact with the arm, it can’t be a loose carry when the ball is touched.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.