Toughest debut...ever?

What a challenge for the kid tonight…

Up against opponents who have played for the Kangaroos.

Teenager…yet to even really play state cup.

It has been done before? Brasher…Fittler…etc. Yes.

But never like this.

They all came through in red hot form from lower grades. Match fit and in form.

This kid tonight comes in with no lead ups. Nothing.

In horse racing terms, he is a maiden debuting in a group one race…with zero lead up runs.

Whatever he does tonight, it will make him long term as no one has been thrown in like this before.

Let’s all go easy on him if he has a shocker, as 99% of kids will likely have a poor game in these circumstances / with zero lead up games.

If he plays well…we may well have something special.

Good luck to the kid.

Gonna be tough

I would like to see him in open space, show us some speed

Hope he goes okay. I have Talau as my centre in a draft league and had to move him to the bench and replace him with Hoffman in my run-on/scoring side. There wasn’t many other centres left. No pressure, but a hatty on debut would be nice 🙂

In a 20 man league, so starting players are a rare find on the waiver wire.

Definitely a tough debut especially with the short notice call up. Souths will target him all night you would expect so hopefully he the boys get behind him

@ElleryHanley said in Toughest debut...ever?:

But never like this.

In horse racing terms, he is a maiden debuting in a group one race…with zero lead up runs.

Whatever he does tonight, it will make him long term as no one has been thrown in like this before.

Let’s all go easy on him if he has a shocker, as 99% of kids will likely have a poor game in these circumstances / with zero lead up games.

Good luck to the kid.

Great post Ellery. It is very easy to forget that there has been no lead-in footy in reserve grade for him. Hopefully he just gets the basics right, not expecting too much more than that from him. Adam Reynolds will give him a big working-over with high balls you would think. Man it would be great if we had at least 1 of our outside backs who could compete in the air.
Go get 'em Reece😀

Good luck to Reece - regardless of the outcome it will be a memorable night for him and his family.

@ElleryHanley said in Toughest debut...ever?:

But never like this.

Good luck to the kid.

Completely agreed it is a very hard test for him.Like you i hope supporters make allowances for him if things go wrong.

Good luck young man. Reece will no doubt give it everything he’s got tonight. Doubt Madge would consider starting the kid in front of more experienced players if he didn’t think he could do the job.

Fair dinkum, some of these comments make it sound like he’s making his boxing debut against Flloyd Mayweather.

It’s a team sport and he has plenty of experience around him plus a coach that wouldn’t throw him in at the deep end unless he knew he could handle it.

He’ll go ok.

last edited by Papacito

@Papacito said in Toughest debut...ever?:

Fair dinkum, some of these comments make it sound like he’s making his boxing debut against Flloyd Mayweather.

It’s a team sport and he has plenty of experience around him plus a coach that wouldn’t throw him in at the deep end unless he knew he could handle it.

He’ll go ok.

Agreed.

All i’d like to see is the same debut that Chris L had against the Bronco’s - that’s not asking much is it??? lol

@Curaeus said in Toughest debut...ever?:

Good luck young man. Reece will no doubt give it everything he’s got tonight. Doubt Madge would consider starting the kid in front of more experienced players if he didn’t think he could do the job.

Which other players do we have for a wing position

I hope he does well
The good thing is the Rabbits won’t know his strengths or weaknesses

My wife “a souths supporter” and I will be watching the game tonight
I told her she is better off going out tonight

I wonder if I should get another bottle of Vodka

Good luck to the kid but he’s not up to nrl and he’s slow I feel sorry for Kane Bradley who’s just as big and is a lot faster

@walter said in Toughest debut...ever?:

Good luck to the kid but he’s not up to nrl and he’s slow I feel sorry for Kane Bradley who’s just as big and is a lot faster

Bradley hasn’t showed nearly as much promise as this kid. Bloke never even played junior reps, he could certainly develop into a good player but at this point in turn Hoffman makes more sense.

Junior reps what’s that everyone who knows footy knows the junior rep system is rorted always has and always will be good luck to the kid I seen him play in the trials imo I don’t think he’s up to it

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.