Souths Assessment

After the highs of last week, how quickly the tables turn.

Firstly the highlights.
Rowdy i thought was very good defensively played his guts out and was solid.
Starting props were solid. Aloai really dents the line and oliver is very good defensively.
Huth again very solid again. Mikaele solid.
Lucy decent.

Ok the negatives.
Jebus we must have stolen the donuts out of the refs lounge. Tiger cast posted on twitter at the half that in the last 80 mins of play we had received 1 set restart and 1 penalty to 12 penalities and 10 set restarts. Now even if we are horrible buggers those numbers cant work. there are some real issues there.

Run metres were way down almost 350 less then the rabbits.
Mbye was actually horrible. I felt he had turned a corner ocer the last few weeks but tonight he left hoffman out to dry soooo many times. Seriously droppable if we have another centre.
Brooks literally offers nothing in attack atm and this saddens me as his defence has improved out of sight. His kicking game has also gone to pieces. I feel like he is playing extremely poorly. Benji josh next week imo.
Reynolds should never play hooker again.
Luke garner has been playing pretty well but it seems every game he gives away an important penatly and misses a horrible tackle. In the last two games he has missed 3 tackles that have lead to tries. Unacceptable and i rate the bloke.
Cheekam jebus he looks like he has checked maybe the bulldogs rumour is true.
Harry is amazing but has made some questionable decisions the last 2 weeks. In saying that he should never leave the field.
I feel like joshs energy has been infectious and awesome the last few weeks but tonight it seemed counter productive.

Overall i think we did ok. i know people will say otherwise. The team we sent out was pretty ordinary compared to our best 17 and we hung in there and fought again. Hard and frustrating to watch but there’s no quit in this team

Good assesment
I disagree regarding Lucy tho
He was one of our best tonight

i thought Lucy and Garner tried their guts out tonight

@davey_farrell said in Souths Assessment:

i dont disagree i guess my point is lucy didnt have his usual impact hence he was decent. and garner has tried super hard and his dirty work has imporved heaps. He has however missed some horrible one on one tackles that have cost us dearly.

@davey_farrell said in Souths Assessment:

Lucy’s work ethic compared to his brother is night and day.

I agree there is fight in the team. We have a really wounded team at the moment, but they hung in there. With the rub of the green all Souths way, including penalties and restarts and our stupid errors with the ball, South should have put 40 on us. They didn’t and when Cummins finally decided we were worthy of some penalties, we came back at them. In years gone by, this would not have happened. We seriously need to nail Brisbane next week.

@hodgo said in Souths Assessment:

Overall i think we did ok. i know people will say otherwise. The team we sent out was pretty ordinary compared to our best 17 and we hung in there and fought again. Hard and frustrating to watch but there’s no quit in this team

I hate a loss but this is the most important part of the post.

No-one expected us to win, we were severely down on troops, we had no ball, the officials crucified us (again), we had a kid learning a hard lesson on the wing and we made some errors that made life hard for ourselves.

Given all this, 18-10 is respectable, if not what we wanted.

They weren’t even that good. It’s a game we should’ve won. I’d like to think at full strength we could’ve done better but who knows

Souths rolled us up the guts …but don’t they have a crap forward pack now

Our attack was non existant 1st half …we didn’t get into the opposition 20 in the 1st half …not once …

Our depth was tested and we just didn’t play smart. Never got a roll on through the middle in the first half due to lack of possession and subsequent field position. Didn’t throw anything at Souths with the ball as a result. By the time we did, it was too late.

@happy_tiger said in Souths Assessment:

Souths rolled us up the guts …but don’t they have a crap forward pack now

Our attack was non existant 1st half …we didn’t get into the opposition 20 in the 1st half …not once …

They can’t even do a basic legs tackle…

Our pack even at full strength lacks punch …

The only ones that make post contact meters are Aloiai and just of late Eisenhuth…

I think it’s fair to say that all the players coming off contract at the end of the year except for McIntyre and Seyfarth should be shown door, besides the two mentioned all the other players have had plenty of time and opportunities to prove their worth to this club…Enough is enough get rid of them Madge.

Benji needs to be there, and put the 7 on his back. We’re much better with him there.

@Tigerlily said in Souths Assessment:

I think it’s fair to say that all the players coming off contract at the end of the year except for McIntyre and Seyfarth should be shown door, besides the two mentioned all the other players have had plenty of time and opportunities to prove their worth to this club…Enough is enough get rid of them Madge.

Wouldn’t mind short, cheap contracts for those 2. Eiso been decent the last couple weeks too and deserving another short contract if we can negotiate at a fair price

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.