Mitchells worse than BJ

The way i saw it Mitchells swinging arm on Reynolds was worse than BJs hit on Edwards. More intent, off the ball, hit him clean on the jaw. He should get 4 weeks for that alone. Then the high tackle.
Whats the bet he gets off lightly though

Reynolds was all accident, but not sure how they look at an incident like that. It was a dangerous act and probably deserves a week suspension.

I just mentioned this on another post. Identical incidents, one gets sent off & 4 weeks suspension, the other gets a penalty to put his team on the attack.

Well done NRL.

Yep. I won’t be surprised to see 1 to 2 weeks max. He’s protected and the face of the game to some people. He was as bad as Joey and the media attention is already less than BJ the following day.

Reynolds will definitely get weeks it will help them justify Latrells reaction when he gets a slap on the wrist - from my sceptic self.

Not only the sucker punch from behind, but he then continues to rag doll him and then proceeds to slam his head into the ground…Very nasty.

@Toowoomba_Tiger said in Mitchells worse than BJ:

The way i saw it Mitchells swinging arm on Reynolds was worse than BJs hit on Edwards. More intent, off the ball, hit him clean on the jaw. He should get 4 weeks for that alone. Then the high tackle.
Whats the bet he gets off lightly though

Mitchell should get at least 6 weeks for both swinging arms if there is any justice.

He’ll 1-2 weeks combined for both incidents

Can’t make him cry

The difference in media reaction is startling, Fox didn’t even mention the one on Reynolds in commentary

I always thought Leilua was hard done by. Yes it was stupidity, but the force used was minimal. Edwards took a dive and miraculously jumped back to his feet when the penalty was awarded and melee took place. Didn’t even need a HIA. A week or 2 for stupidity was warranted.
Mitchell on the other hand let fly with intent. Sure he may have been reacting but Bj’s was based on emotion also. If Bj’s was worth 4 surely Mitchell gets the same, and thats for this offence only, there were others from him that should be under scrutiny too.

There was also the forearm on Rowdy that dropped Chris when Latrell ran the ball out of his in goal. Technically probably a legal fend, but it was dirty and dangerous

The big difference between BJ and Mitchell’s incidents. One recipient is probably nursing stitches this morning, the other was laughing a minute later.

NRL set a precedent some years ago with guys running in after an incident ala Thaiday. You cant take the law into your hands. Lets see them crumble to the emotionally fragile Latrell

It will be interesting to see if the official NRL broom sweeps this under the carpet.I wouldnt be suprised if souffs officials have already made a few phone calls

What about Douehi’s contact and the challenge. First contact wasnt high but copped a clenched fist to the chin. Fair enough call i guess, but i did think any contact with the head was a penalty, accident or not. Just looked wrong to say no problem with the tackle whilst he was clearly bleeding from the hit🤔

That was a dog shot and needs to be outed ! Waiting was he referred …

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.