Statistical Highlights: Brisbane Broncos R10

The first highlight for me is the minutes played by the middle forwards. Aloiai 54 minutes, Packer 52, Eisenhuth 60, McIntyre 31, Mikaele 27. It means our best players are on the filed for long periods of time, and our bench players are only on there long enough to have a good impact.

No. 2 runs/metres gained. Douiehi 18/194m, Nofoaluma 22/169m, Talau 107m, Aloiai 16/193m, Grant 14/109m, Packer 15/150m, Leiluia 19/180m, Eisenhuth 14/123m, McIntyre 13/108m, Mikaele 11/112m.

No.3 Billy Walters’ performance - first as the five-eighth, then 17 minutes at hooker. 13 runs for 95m. 38 tackles only one missed. 1 try, 1 try assist.

No. 4 Benji Marshall’s kicking game. He did almost all of our kicking. 18 kicks for 546m. 2 forced drop outs. A 40/20. Interestingly he did not miss a single tackle.

(all stats courtesy nrl.com)

88% completion. 1 line break conceded.

Packer finally produces decent numbers. L Leilua another super effort.

interesting was watching benji actually put his shoulder in a few tackles.

Feel he hasn’t done that since his few ops way back. Great to see

The W and the opposition 0 nothing duck egg nada zilch are the greatest stat of all…

The highlight for mine is the way Wests Tigers attacked the Donkey’s with our defense the 1st half was a carbon copy of our 1st 40 against Souff’s the previous week in reverse…Donkey’s rarely made it into our half whereas we were starting our sets on the front foot for the majority of the game…

Maintained that intensity for 80 mins…music to this fans ear…Keep doing it against the more fancied sides and where in with a chance

I was impressed by the commitment in defence throughout the game. There were points throughout the 80 where we held them deep in their half. It’s these 1%’ers that will get us there in September.

I’ve been impressed with the teams performances over the last month, even more by tonight’s

@Kul said in Statistical Highlights: Brisbane Broncos R10:

I was impressed by the commitment in defence throughout the game. There were points throughout the 80 where we held them deep in their half. It’s these 1%’ers that will get us there in September.

I’ve been impressed with the teams performances over the last month, even more by tonight’s

Yeah, they learnt a lot from the Titans game and have played with the intensity a serious team needs since then. We didn’t play an NRL-level team last night, seriously the Wentworthville Magpies would have beaten the Broncos, but to be winning 42-0 after 50 odd minutes was encouraging because it was built on effort. Nearly all of those tries were half chances converted because of effort.

Also about the VB hard earned man of the match on 9

EdK6kEtVcAAD3ys.png

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.