Season Half Way Review

Well sitting in 7th place and see a media article this morning from the mole already stating we are playing finals football this season?
At the half way mark i would call it a Pass being 5/5 and within the 8, a good for and against for a change and most games we are losing to top teams is not by a huge margin. If we had Managed to beat the Titans we could have been 6th???

Real test will be this weekend - Not banking on a win just being competitive howver a win this week would entrench us in the 8.

2019 - Round 6 (Eels 51 - 6 Tigers)
2019 - Round 17 (Eels 30 - 18 Tigers)

The Run home for us is the hardest for teams vying for that 7th/8th spot.
Realistically if your on only 3 wins now there is not much chance playing finals football and i can’t see any QLD team making the finals this season.

Tigers - Top8 Games - 7
Rabbits - Top8 Games - 5
Sharks - Top8 Games - 5
Sea Eagles - Top8 Games - 5
Dragons - Top8 Games - 6

Our critical games will be round 13/17/18 against Knights/ Souths / Sea Eagles we need to win 2 out of 3 of these and ensure we continue to beat the bottom teams Warriors/Bulldogs to be any chance. Still nervous that the Titans game may cost us big time again at the end of the season.

We have such a hard run home wow
can see us beating NZ and Dogs maybe souths and Manly and newcastle
Winning another 5 out of our last 10
losing to Parra twice Roosters penrith Melbourne
That titans game will cost us guys.

@Jedi_Tiger said in Season Half Way Review:

We have such a hard run home wow
can see us beating NZ and Dogs maybe souths and Manly and newcastle
Winning another 5 out of our last 10
losing to Parra twice Roosters penrith Melbourne
That titans game will cost us guys.

A hard run home is what Madge would be looking for it will sort the men from the boys

Well, if we can rise to the occassion with the run home we will have earned a spot in the 8. Injuries god please be nice,

Not much point making the 8 if you can’t beat teams 1-7

last edited by old_man_tiger

@old_man_tiger said in Season Half Way Review:

What a better way to do it than to smash the team who has been #1 most of the season 🤩😛

We are pretty much in the same position we were the last two years, only difference this year I believe we have more strike power

@TheDaBoss said in Season Half Way Review:

What a better way to do it than to smash the team who has been #1 most of the season 🤩😛

Like this attitude!👍

WE have a better F/A than the Raiders and Knights who we only sit 2-3 points behind

our F/A is the only thing saving our hindes in the 8 atm

It is a tough run home but if we make the 8 we would be facing these sides anyways. We have shown that we can compete against panthers and souths. The boys seem to always show up to play against storm. The first big test is this week slimers will be up for it after their loss and parra seem to be a bogey side for us

play for 80, dont crumble. that’s all i hope for now

@TheDaBoss said in Season Half Way Review:

The way the season is panning out injuries will have a big bearing along with the refs on who wins the comp

We have to beat EELs to show that we are a finals contender…its a must,becuase if we dont the Roosters,Storm,Panthers will be even harder if we play finals footy and expect to be competative…

We are exactly where I expected at this stage. Hanging around 8 and drop out by end of season. Of course I hope we make it but we aren’t doing better than I expected. Going off recent years.,

last edited by Jay

I’ll admit I’ve been pretty negative this year but it comes from a passionate place. I really bought into the new signings and the discipline Madge was instilling so the absolute trash dished up against knights and titans really got to me. Against knights our right defense was non existent and our kick diffusal was abhorrent. As they always have been. Then we lost the game that no one loses. Again, just like always. So I was pissed. No growth. No change. But the last month I’ve seen something. A greater desire, a more polished team. I’m not sure what to be honest. We’ve still only won 50% but we’re in every contest. Maybe, just maybe…
This week is huge for me. We get blown off the park and I’m thinking same same. But I’m expecting a close contest because I do reckon there’s something different. Time will tell

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.