Wolfpack star's wife nails 'disaster' club

NineSportNRL

Wolfpack star’s wife nails ‘disaster’ club
By Melanie Dinjaski
an hour ago

The Toronto Wolfpack’s decision to withdraw from the 2020 Super League season has sparked doubt over where it leaves players contracted to the club.

The wife of former Leeds Rhinos captain and Gold Coast Titans Englishman Kallum Watkins took to social media to deliver an epic spray at the Wolfpack, making claims of payments not being honoured on time, and frustration within the team about players and their families being left in limbo.

“Past giving a f–k,” Sophie Watkins wrote on her Instagram story.

"Welcome to the rugby league s–t show.

"I can reveal that the Wolfpack’s 22-man squad have had their wages paid consistently late for several months, putting severe mental strain on their players.

"The club, who were promoted into Super League for the first time at the end of 2019, is currently facing a lawsuit in Canada over alleged unpaid bills and has previously faced legal action over monies owed and claims from other creditors.

"They don’t give a s–t. There’s a lot of people owed money. It’s just a disaster. I don’t think people understand the mental stress it puts on people. Some of the players with kids, mortgages, bills - I’m worried. It’s crazy.

“We got told the money will be a week late. And then the week comes and no money, and then the week comes and no money, and then the next week and the next week. What gets us is we get told on the night the money’s coming and then it just doesn’t come.”

Sounds like tinkler all over again

To be fair, it was always a logistical nightmare and that was BEFORE covvid.

They were not even scheduled for any home games for months / living in the UK / dependent entirely on TV money and other clubs crowds revenues before covvid

Once the pandemic arrived, they were doomed immediately. No revenue, no TV money, zero paying patrons…nothing.

last edited by ElleryHanley

I first read that as Wolfpack stars wife nailed.

Hmmm can’t think of any other businesses that are struggling since COVID, but sure, rail against Wolfpack specifically because it’s difficult to make all payments as planned in January.

@GNR4LIFE said in Wolfpack star's wife nails 'disaster' club:

I first read that as Wolfpack stars wife nailed.

She potentially nailed the entire club, if you go by the headline.

I wonder how much Wolfpacks were supposed to pay SBW.

Anyone interested in picking up Ricky Luetele

@happy_tiger said in Wolfpack star's wife nails 'disaster' club:

Is he on Tinder?

The name Kallum Watkins and ‘star’ in the same sentence is worth a giggle. He looked ordinary even playing for a useless club like the Titans.
His WAG missus is probably just stressing out how her next nail job/Botox/lipo etc etc will be paid for.

I bet she didn’t bag the club, when her husband was

Sorry , signing for the big money contract . Sounds like a spoiled brat .

@Harvey said in Wolfpack star's wife nails 'disaster' club:

@happy_tiger said in Wolfpack star's wife nails 'disaster' club:

Is he on Tinder?

According to @Geo yes

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.