QANTAS

Sometimes they get it right.

The flight path for the last QANTAS 747 Jumbo Jet out of Sydney, 22 Jul 2020.

70E0BC66-BFD8-415D-9317-28FE12B4560C.jpeg

last edited by mike

@mike said in QANTAS:

Sometimes they get it right.

The flight path for the last 747 Jumbo Jet out of Sydney, 22 Jul 2020.

70E0BC66-BFD8-415D-9317-28FE12B4560C.jpeg

That is awesome

VH-OEJ…the last of the breed of 747’s. Worked for QF for 41 years as a load controller and there was not a better aircraft to work with as far as passenger and freight uplift. Spent many years planning loads on the 747’s both freight and passenger versions. Anyway sad day to see the end of a era

It went down to the Gong to fly over VH-OJA Qantas’s original 747 that is now homed at the Airport down there

Mates a plane buff… He was on the rooftop carpark at his local shopping centre today with binoculars and camera

I was in the Sydney CBD all those years ago when the first Jumbo flew over on its way to Mascot. Right over St Mary’s Cathedral as I recall. Drove out to the airport afterwards to get a look at it. Travelled on 747’s many times since. One of the greatest aircraft ever designed.

@innsaneink said in QANTAS:

Mates a plane buff… He was on the rooftop carpark at his local shopping centre today with binoculars and camera

Deviant😂

@supercoach said in QANTAS:

VH-OEJ…the last of the breed of 747’s. Worked for QF for 41 years as a load controller and there was not a better aircraft to work with as far as passenger and freight uplift. Spent many years planning loads on the 747’s both freight and passenger versions. Anyway sad day to see the end of a era

At Mascot?
I think I know a few of your colleagues. Handy people to know 😉

@Curaeus said in QANTAS:

I was in the Sydney CBD all those years ago when the first Jumbo flew over on its way to Mascot. Right over St Mary’s Cathedral as I recall. Drove out to the airport afterwards to get a look at it. Travelled on 747’s many times since. One of the greatest aircraft ever designed.

And one of the NOISIEST

@TonyTiger said in QANTAS:

@Curaeus said in QANTAS:

And one of the NOISIEST

Nobody worried much about noisy planes in those days (or lots of other things you can’t get away with now)

last edited by Curaeus

@Kul said in QANTAS:

@supercoach said in QANTAS:

At Mascot?
I think I know a few of your colleagues. Handy people to know 😉

Yep at the terminal for about 20 years, in those days we had to take the load sheet out to the cockpit before pushback, the next 21 years we worked from one of the blue buildings at Mascot off airport where everything was done remotely…not nearly as fun

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.