Shawn Blore

It was the best debut we’ve had since Benji. Off contract soon and other clubs will be circling. Extend him by early September at the latest, but start talks now

Do we know for certain he is off contract end of 21?
This was mentioned at the time of his release.

Wests Tigers have announced the signing of promising young forward Shawn Blore on a two-year deal after he was released by the Penrith Panthers.
The 19-year old has been a standout in the underage ranks at Penrith, representing NSW U18s and Junior Kangaroos in recent years.
Blore was contracted to Penrith until the end of the 2020 season, but the club and player mutually agreed to his release.
“Shawn was offered a long-term contract by another NRL club and requested an immediate release to make the most of that opportunity,” Panthers Executive General Manager Matt Cameron said.

@Needaname said in Shawn Blore:

Do we know for certain he is off contract end of 21?
This was mentioned at the time of his release.

Wests Tigers have announced the signing of promising young forward Shawn Blore on a two-year deal after he was released by the Penrith Panthers.
The 19-year old has been a standout in the underage ranks at Penrith, representing NSW U18s and Junior Kangaroos in recent years.
Blore was contracted to Penrith until the end of the 2020 season, but the club and player mutually agreed to his release.
“Shawn was offered a long-term contract by another NRL club and requested an immediate release to make the most of that opportunity,” Panthers Executive General Manager Matt Cameron said.

The official press release from us says till the end of 2021.

Interesting, I don’t call an extra year on my current deal ‘long term’

From the link above.

“I’m really impressed by Michael Maguire and the club overall, and I’m looking forward to pulling on the Wests Tigers colours in the coming years.”

Wests Tigers Head Coach Michael Maguire said he was looking forward to Blore joining the club and seeing his career develop further in the coming years.

“I’m very pleased to secure a player with Shawn’s ability and talent at this point of the year and look forward to watching him develop further,” Maguire said.

“I’ve spent a lot of time with Shawn lately and can see strong leadership qualities in him which I look forward to seeing develop on and off the field in the years to come.”

Both him and Maguire mention future years…

last edited by Needaname

Madge managed to keep every young player he wanted to last year. It sounds like they see Blore as the future of this club so I’m sure they’ll be making sure he sticks around.

@JoshColeman99 said in Shawn Blore:

7E87C8EB-CDEC-4F53-8C7F-74D0E4611167.jpeg

👀

who stole TTs photo and put it on the forum…???😠

From the link above.

“I’m really impressed by Michael Maguire and the club overall, and I’m looking forward to pulling on the Wests Tigers colours in the coming years.”

Wests Tigers Head Coach Michael Maguire said he was looking forward to Blore joining the club and seeing his career develop further in the coming years.

“I’m very pleased to secure a player with Shawn’s ability and talent at this point of the year and look forward to watching him develop further,” Maguire said.

“I’ve spent a lot of time with Shawn lately and can see strong leadership qualities in him which I look forward to seeing develop on and off the field in the years to come.”

I’m sure they’ve talked about extending his contract and his longer term future at the club. As a kid who hadn’t played first grade yet its understandable to not sign a long term deal straight away. Prove himself a bit and earn more money via hard work and good performances.

@balmain-boy said in Shawn Blore:

From the link above.

I’m sure they’ve talked about extending his contract and his longer term future at the club. As a kid who hadn’t played first grade yet its understandable to not sign a long term deal straight away. Prove himself a bit and earn more money via hard work and good performances.

Yeah,
Well we do have spare money from the Farah fine that could be used to ensure we keep him happy.

It was the best debut we’ve had since Benji. Off contract soon and other clubs will be circling. Extend him by early September at the latest, but start talks now

That is how the Broncos have got themselves into trouble paying overs on promise, there is no need to rush. If you sign a player at a lower value & then their form sees what they believe is a rise in value a player tends to leave chasing his new value nowadays so no point at this stage.

@iofthetigers said in Shawn Blore:

That is how the Broncos have got themselves into trouble paying overs on promise, there is no need to rush. If you sign a player at a lower value & then their form sees what they believe is a rise in value a player tends to leave chasing his new value nowadays so no point at this stage.

If we don’t wrap him up before November we don’t deserve to win anything. He’s a future star and should be extended as a matter of urgency.

@avocadoontoast said in Shawn Blore:

If we don’t wrap him up before November we don’t deserve to win anything. He’s a future star and should be extended as a matter of urgency.

While he did very well on his debut and looks like he will be quality I’m not sure if he will be a star yet.

I can’t wait to see him get a proper run without the team being dismantled by mid game injuries. I wanna see him running lines off Benji this week and showing all his skills not just his big tackles

Let him play a few more weeks before rushing into a new contract, Madge has held onto every young guy he wanted to that’s here so I’m sure he has a plan for him.

1.25M a year for 3 years…

@Geo said in Shawn Blore:

1.25M a year for 3 years…

A little higher than what I had in mind.

He has had one game and ran around trying to give it to Nathan Brown which he succeeded in doing but needs to remain focused.
We all seem to bag SBW but he might come out and cream Blore or JWH might etc then where do we stand.
Lets see how he goes in the next few weeks he will be a target now so hopefully he doesnt get a big head and works on his game and provides a big asset in the run home for us

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.