Captain Benji

I think it’s time to demote Mbye and just make Benji Captain.
While Mbye hasn’t played all that badly I feel we need to make Benji Captain.
Chris Lawrence is defensively solid at Center and when BJ is available we will need his aggression (Minus the Brain snaps) for the coming weeks.
Mbye will be more effective off the bench as he can fill a lot of positions and roles.
It’s looking as if Benji will be back next season and we all know when he is on the field, he is running the show, just Make him Captain and put Mbye on the bench.
Ppl may say “Mbye is our kicker” but he seems to only be effective from one side.
I’m very proud of the effort from the boys as of late, but there is some areas we can make more solid, what are your thoughts?
Giving what we have available, what changes would you like to see?
Why would you say Mbye should remain Captain?
Should Mbye come off the bench?
Curious to hear your thoughts.

I cant agree about Benji being captain or playing next year.M’Bye is not a good captain either and to be honest nobody is the obvious choice(Lawrence if he was a certain selection each week perhaps)

Interesting point about the goal kicking, I have been saying for a number of weeks now that both Mbye and Marshall fade their kicks on the non preferred side across the face of the goal. I don’t get why we don’t get Marshall kicking from the left and Mbye kicking from the right as Mbye is a left footer and they both kick well from those sides.

last edited by cochise

@cochise said in Captain Benji:

Interesting point about the kicking, I have been saying for a number of weeks now that both Mbye and Marshall fade their kicks on the non preferred side across the face of the goal. I don’t get why we don’t get Marshall kicking from the left and Mbye kicking from the right as Mbye is a left footer and they both kick well from those sides.

Mbye is a really poor kicker …he doesn’t follow through…he’s a stabber

@hobbo1 said in Captain Benji:

Interesting point about the kicking, I have been saying for a number of weeks now that both Mbye and Marshall fade their kicks on the non preferred side across the face of the goal. I don’t get why we don’t get Marshall kicking from the left and Mbye kicking from the right as Mbye is a left footer and they both kick well from those sides.

Mbye is a really poor kicker …he doesn’t follow through…he’s a stabber

Issue is we don’t have a good kicker.

There was a point last night after the eels scored that the team was in a huddle and Packer was really given it to them, the camera pans to Mbye who was standing a few steps behind everyone adding nothing.

As soon as Mbye went to fullback his involvement was up ten fold. I hope the people who say he never leads on the field were watching because those last 15 minutes when we started going well, he was in absolutely everything. Set up tries, forced errors, rushed up on Ferguson.

At centre he barely sees the footy so it’s hard to lead with your actions. When we went to fullback and could touch the ball and run those attacking plays he looked great

@JoshColeman99 said in Captain Benji:

As soon as Mbye went to fullback his involvement was up ten fold. I hope the people who say he never leads on the field were watching because those last 15 minutes when we started going well, he was in absolutely everything. Set up tries, forced errors, rushed up on Ferguson.

At centre he barely sees the footy so it’s hard to lead with your actions. When we went to fullback and could touch the ball and run those attacking plays he looked great

I think a switch by Madge would be order to try and change things up.
AD to 5/8
Walters to bench/swap with Brooks
Mbye to FB
New kid from Rorters to centre

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Captain Benji:

AD to 5/8
Mbye to FB

I don’t see how playing 5/8th improves AD’s game?

AD to 5/8
Mbye to FB

He’s played at 5/8 at Souffs and went well getting caught out at fullback put into a gap last night didn’t get through letting the ball bounce didn’t help either a run a 5/8 might show a different player he’s still a reasonable FB but something missing

AD to 5/8
Mbye to FB

He’s played at 5/8 at Souffs and went well getting caught out at fullback put into a gap last night didn’t get through letting the ball bounce didn’t help either a run a 5/8 might show a different player he’s still a reasonable FB but something missing

I think playing at 5/8th you take away his positives and expose his negatives. His biggest strength is he is very safe under the high ball and has good footwork at the line. His weaknesses are he is slow and doesn’t have a crisp passing game, he can throw a good ball at times but a bit like Reynolds his passing his inconsistent and slow. He is also not a good defender and has poor tackling technique, as was shown on many times last night. He is a good player, just not the standout we need in a spine position, I would be trying him at centre with a good defending second rower inside him.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.