The inevitable Luke Brooks thread..

if only he had learned 50% of the things Marshall is doing now, he would be a 100% better player. For one thing, the straight up and down kick is easy to field; how about learning to kick it differently like Benji does? I though when he came on last night he was mediocre, and am now convinced that we’ve seen the best of his abilities at the WT. Maybe he feels the same way? It would be a shame because he did seem to have some ability, but like many others before him, just not the right character or team to blossom.

I would leave him out of next weeks team altogether. We have 6 players due back I might add.

@willow said in The inevitable Luke Brooks thread..:

I would leave him out of next weeks team altogether. We have 6 players due back I might add.

Need to give the Warriors a good old flogging. Get that F&A up.

Played well last night. Nearly set up Grant for a try near the posts unfortunately Grant spilled it, His pass in the Talau try was sublime. His try saving tackle on Ferguson or Brown near the sideline was outstanding.

Walters lack of impact against the top teams was foreseeable.

@pawsandclaws1 said in The inevitable Luke Brooks thread..:

Played well last night. Nearly set up Grant for a try near the posts unfortunately Grant spilled it, His pass in the Talau try was sublime. His try saving tackle on Ferguson or Brown near the sideline was outstanding.

Walters lack of impact against the top teams was foreseeable.

Agree 100%

I don’t think there is any real need for this thread, Walters was non existent last night and in his short time on the field Brooks did more and defended better. Why don’t we all just enjoy what Shawn Blore brought to us and talk about that.

I’d cut him loose to Japanese rugby

I don’t rate Brooks at all but he and Marshall are the two best halves we have for now. Something we need to focus on improving moving forward

IMO the experiment is over. Brooks & Benji next week. With all the players coming back, no room for a Walters or Reynolds on the bench.

I thought he did well. Better than Walters that’s for sure.

Brown and Moses are considered one of the best combos in the comp.really didn’t look that good last night.apart from the chip from Moses I’d say they looked more lost than us when they got close to the line.
Gutho is a good ball player (as much as I hate to admit it)

@avocadoontoast said in The inevitable Luke Brooks thread..:

I don’t rate Brooks at all but he and Marshall are the two best halves we have for now. Something we need to focus on improving moving forward

If Benji makes his tackles he is easily our best half. Brooks is probably second best. Clearly it’s an issue for us.

I’d like to give Benji and Reynolds another run before Benji and Brooks but if we go with Mbye at fullback to offer some extra ball-playing, I could live with Brooks at 7. We need to move on from him long-term cause I can’t see him ever being more than average.

@Sausagesorcerer said in The inevitable Luke Brooks thread..:

Brown and Moses are considered one of the best combos in the comp.really didn’t look that good last night.apart from the chip from Moses I’d say they looked more lost than us when they got close to the line.

Geez can’t agree there. I thought Brown and Moses looked on another level to our blokes. If we had their halves I think the result would have been different.

@avocadoontoast said in The inevitable Luke Brooks thread..:

@Sausagesorcerer said in The inevitable Luke Brooks thread..:

Geez can’t agree there. I thought Brown and Moses looked on another level to our blokes. If we had their halves I think the result would have been different.

Brown is very composed for a young lad.
I think Moses still takes the wrong option a lot of the time.
Maybe I was just expecting more considering how dangerous their backline is in comparison to ours.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.