Our defence in the face of adversity

Negatives

Stupid errors from the back 3
Some lazy moments defensively
Our lack of calm when we went 14 down
Goalkicking

Thoughts …anything anyone would like to add

I think last night showed issues in the halves and fullback

Goalkicking …Mbye needs to back himself…he punches at his kicks that are close to the sticks and probably explains why he pulls them

Back 3 Douehi made some really bad fundamental full back errors …don’t they teach fundamental golden rules of playing at the back anymore

The RCG TRY was so unforgivable on so many levels …you never assume someone will be tied up …maybe they under rated Davey

Negatives - I’m agreeing with happy way too much.
Positives - I thought there were heaps. Our pack is looking to be as good as any in the comp over the next couple of years.
Positive and negative - Benji looked like he can create something but he waits until we are behind before he starts to play. I assume he is worried about making mistakes and playing safe but we need to win games.

@cochise said in Parra.....The aftermath:

The lack of calm when we went 14 down …when we should have kicked we run …when we should have run it we kicked …the forced pass that was thrown to Lawrence crash play that Inspector Gadget arms wouldn’t have reached

But what caused that …the fact we were 3 scoring plays down

Mbye kicks the 1st conversion and we are only 2 scores down and we can attack the last 15 minutes differently when we finally got some quality field position

Played with heart and toughness the basis of a good team. Good to see we are finally competing.

We lack quality and composure in our halves. Big issue for us moving forward

Adam D needs to do a heap of sprint training in the off season

Why do we end up with 3 or 4 players off injured almost every second game

Blore looks the goods

@happy_tiger said in Parra.....The aftermath:

The lack of calm when we went 14 down …when we should have kicked we run …when we should have run it we kicked …the forced pass that was thrown to Lawrence crash play that Inspector Gadget arms wouldn’t have reached

Mbye kicks the 1st conversion and we are only 2 scores down and we can attack the last 15 minutes differently when we finally got some quality field position

We have a real lack of composure that the good teams have.

Packer charged for crusher, will miss next week. AD free to play.

We have a real lack of composure that the good teams have.

Sheens used to have a 7 on 7 for 7 …to show how many chances you can create in 7 minutes

The other positive was look at who was missing

From the starting line up and then who went down mid match

Positives Our forward pack will be feared in coming years
Weakness our backs need a couple of serious upgrades and a leader

Goalkicking …Mbye needs to back himself…he punches at his kicks that are close to the sticks and probably explains why he pulls them

Back 3 Douehi made some really bad fundamental full back errors …don’t they teach fundamental golden rules of playing at the back anymore

The RCG TRY was so unforgivable on so many levels …you never assume someone will be tied up …maybe they under rated Davey

Mbye is solid kicker, but only from the right side! Percentage of his conversions from the left are down by 50%.

Re: tackles, I like that old saying applicable here ‘someone else plays for the opposition’!

last edited by InBenjiWeTrust

@avocadoontoast said in Parra.....The aftermath:

I’d say he should contest it but given his track record and we’re only playing the warriors next week just cop it on the chin

@Speed2burn said in Parra.....The aftermath:

@avocadoontoast said in Parra.....The aftermath:

I’d say he should contest it but given his track record and we’re only playing the warriors next week just cop it on the chin

Agree. He’s already been branded guilty by the media and he’s got a bad track record. One week was probably the best we could hope for.

pretty much 2 80 minute performances in a row I reckon, that game we could have easily rolled over

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.