Packer

Gee he plays hard and tough, like back in the 80s days! Yes, granted can be a liability and is a bit of a dinosaur, but if you are looking to see how to stand up to any opposition, he’d have to be setting an example for the rest of our pack!

I loved his effort last night , and he played big minutes, the commentary from Alexander and others on fox just shows how much we get bagged . Packer so called crusher was no were near as bad as they made out , he got him with the inside of his arm . The eels seemed to go down every time they got touched on the head and they got a penalty every time .

From NRL.com

Wests Tigers prop Russell Packer is facing a one-match ban after being charged over a crusher-style tackle in the loss to Parramatta on Thursday night.

Judiciary is an absolute joke.

@JD-Tiger said in Packer:

From NRL.com

Wests Tigers prop Russell Packer is facing a one-match ban after being charged over a crusher-style tackle in the loss to Parramatta on Thursday night.

As i have said before the match review committee and referee ranks is the next area PVL needs to clean up.There is more than a whiff of corruption/bias in the area.

From NRL.com

Unfortunately once again. Just like the BJ incident.
We are getting punished for the intent of the incident not the outcome.
Stupid move really. I get Gutherson was sitting up and never lowered his head which would of made what Packer did perfectly fine.
However the movement on dropping his weight instantly regardless of whether his head was too the side or under his arm and not his body or whatever is what his been charged for.
I’m in two minds as to whether he should fight it.
For the incident alone he should get off. And that’s how the judiciary judges. For the intent though he’ll get suspended a further two.

Had another good game, been impressive. Love his energy and leadership, always celebrates everything super hard and noticed him giving the team a bit of a spray after we conceded a try. Love that from him, really being the forward leader we’ve needed

@Needaname said in Packer:

From NRL.com

Stupid move really. I get Gutherson was sitting up and never lowered his head which would of made what Packer did perfectly fine.
However the movement on dropping his weight instantly regardless of whether his head was too the side or under his arm and not his body or whatever is what his been charged for.
For the incident alone he should get off. And that’s how the judiciary judges. For the intent though he’ll get suspended a further two.

I need to have another read, but I thought I read somewhere that it’s 1 week if he pleads guilty, or 1 week if he fights and losses.

The way the system is set up though, if you fight the charge, no matter who you are, you usually lose.

From NRL.com

I need to have another read, but I thought I read somewhere that it’s 1 week if he pleads guilty, or 1 week if he fights and losses.

The way the system is set up though, if you fight the charge, no matter who you are, you usually lose.

Unless you are JWH, he gets off plenty of charges. Wonder why?

@Fade-To-Black said in Packer:

From NRL.com

Unless you are JWH, he gets off plenty of charges. Wonder why?

Maybe because he has had so many visits there? lol

From NRL.com

Suspended for what? He didn’t do anything? What the hell is wrong with people these days?

I hope that we fight the charge.

Packer doesn’t drop his weight on Gutherson’s head or neck, also Gutherson’s head pops through under Packer’s armpit as he goes down on his knee to complete the tackle.

Also, there was an article about the Matterson incident where the journo states that Packer got Matterson with an elbow, a legal elbow. Dunno what game this journo is referring to, but in league, an elbow to the head is never legal.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/ryan-matterson-with-no-memory-after-brutal-elbow-from-russell-packer-the-mole/44988093-03d3-48c9-9e7e-0e4314a21b45

Media love to over sensationalise things against the Tigers & then don’t give credit when the Tigers do something positive.

Last week, the Broncos were the worst thing on the planet, but last night, the Storm were tremendous with no word of the Broncos.

last edited by rah53

@rah53 said in Packer:

Packer doesn’t drop his weight on Gutherson’s head or neck, also Gutherson’s head pops through under Packer’s armpit as he goes down on his knee to complete the tackle.

Also, there was an article about the Matterson incident where the journo states that Packer got Matterson with an elbow, a legal elbow. Dunno what game this journo is referring to, but in league, an elbow to the head is never legal.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/ryan-matterson-with-no-memory-after-brutal-elbow-from-russell-packer-the-mole/44988093-03d3-48c9-9e7e-0e4314a21b45

Media love to over sensationalise things against the Tigers & then don’t give credit when the Tigers do something positive.

Last week, the Broncos were the worst thing on the planet, but last night, the Storm were tremendous with no word of the Broncos.

This clown journo needs to watch JWH from the Roosters. His elbow is cocked every hit up. Have a look at Klemer and Taumalolo who lift their knees into defenders heads every hit up. Leave us alone idiot reporters with nothing else to write about.

From NRL.com

I reckon we need to challenge it to show our support for his efforts.

@rah53 said in Packer:

It’s pretty clear from the replays I’ve watched (about a thousand times 😜) that Matterson a head is placed on packers shoulder and packer raised his arm post contact.

If Matterson put his head in the right place it doesn’t happen.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme