@avocadoontoast said in Packer:

@gallagher said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

@TYGA said in Packer:

@Spartan117 said in Packer:

Packer is with us for another years so Ihope he doesnt loose his aggression as enforcer.

The crusher doesn’t need to part of his repertoire

You fell for the media hype also that was no crusher. He is side on and his hand makes contact with the head and neck. The motion looks bad but that was milked.

No need for that dropping of his weight motion. He had no control of where he was gonna land, it’s just boneheaded action. Way too dangerous to let it slide.

It was either a crusher tackle or it wasn’t.

It wasn’t - another boo boo by the MRC (Total incompetence as usual)

More like a boo boo from the knucklehead that’s been suspended for more games then he’s started this year.

Your opinion - how you think that is a crusher? beyond me.

Oh well!

I take my black white and orange glasses off at times

Packer was gone the moment he made the motion to push him down. It may not have hurt the guy but it was a bad look and showed intent. Was probably lucky to just get a week imo.

Plane dumb and dangerous.

Lol, what utter crap.

So giving away a penalty and getiing a week suspension isnt dumb?

Should never have been a penalty. Rubbish call. Unfortunately, some around here just hate him and find any reason to bag him. Same goes for JR.

If he didn’t drop his weight in the player the way he did there wouldn’t have been a penalty.

@cochise said in Packer:

@rustycage said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

@TYGA said in Packer:

Packer is with us for another years so Ihope he doesnt loose his aggression as enforcer.

You fell for the media hype also that was no crusher. He is side on and his hand makes contact with the head and neck. The motion looks bad but that was milked.

No need for that dropping of his weight motion. He had no control of where he was gonna land, it’s just boneheaded action. Way too dangerous to let it slide.

More like a boo boo from the knucklehead that’s been suspended for more games then he’s started this year.

Oh well!

Packer was gone the moment he made the motion to push him down. It may not have hurt the guy but it was a bad look and showed intent. Was probably lucky to just get a week imo.

Lol, what utter crap.

Should never have been a penalty. Rubbish call. Unfortunately, some around here just hate him and find any reason to bag him. Same goes for JR.

If he didn’t drop his weight in the player the way he did there wouldn’t have been a penalty.

There absolutely no benefit in doing it at all and it will only catch the attention of the ref. Braindead action.

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Packer:

I just hope Packer stays fit enough and on the field to play against Rorters and sportsman of the year JWH

I fully endorse your sentiments here, JWH gets away with murder in comparison.

Just the nature of playing for this club where you are scrutinised for every little show of aggression.

Carry on refs, you are paid well.

@The_Patriot said in Packer:

I just hope Packer stays fit enough and on the field to play against Rorters and sportsman of the year JWH

Just the nature of playing for this club where you are scrutinised for every little show of aggression.

You guys need to watch JWH a bit closer, he is just about one of the fittest front rowers in the game. In every defensive move, his is always balanced and on his toes ready for the next play. He doesn’t drop his weight on another player instantly like packer does but he will gradually do it. He is intentional in everything he does but he has a real knack of making it look accidental.
Love Packers aggression. His not shying away from it which is great to see, just needs to tweak his subtlety.

@cochise said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

@TYGA said in Packer:

Oh well!

Lol, what utter crap.

Of course a player can drop his weight onto another. There was no pressure in the head or neck whatsoever. One of the most disgraceful crusher calls ever imo. I’d say the same if it was the dog Josh McGuire. The game is going downhill faster than I thought f that’s a penalty nowadays never mind a suspension.

@Needaname said in Packer:

You guys need to watch JWH a bit closer, he is just about one of the fittest front rowers in the game. In every defensive move, his is always balanced and on his toes ready for the next play. He doesn’t drop his weight on another player instantly like packer does but he will gradually do it. He is intentional in everything he does but he has a real knack of making it look accidental.
Love Packers aggression. His not shying away from it which is great to see, just needs to tweak his subtlety.

You need to watch the hit on Matterson a bit closer. This is exactly what he did.

You need to watch the hit on Matterson a bit closer. This is exactly what he did.

I did, I love it. Blind Freddy could see he went for it.
Lead with his shoulder too which is perfectly legal for the attacker.

I did, I love it. Blind Freddy could see he went for it.
Lead with his shoulder too which is perfectly legal for the attacker.

Exactly as Hargraves would have!

@cochise said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

@TYGA said in Packer:

Oh well!

Lol, what utter crap.

Of course a player can drop his weight onto another. There was no pressure in the head or neck whatsoever. One of the most disgraceful crusher calls ever imo. I’d say the same if it was the dog Josh McGuire. The game is going downhill faster than I thought f that’s a penalty nowadays never mind a suspension.

Not a player you have in a sitting position, there was absolutely no need to do what he did. I agree his actions weren’t worth a suspension and the MRC agreed with us.

2 years ago Packer held his own against JWH, he went looking for him in both attack and when defending.

I think the packer suspension is an interesting one. Seems like he got done for intent more than anything, he fell In a bad way but he barely even touched Guthos head

@cochise said in Packer:

@cochise said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

@TYGA said in Packer:

Oh well!

Lol, what utter crap.

Not a player you have in a sitting position, there was absolutely no need to do what he did. I agree his actions weren’t worth a suspension and the MRC agreed with us.

Rubbish. The MRC will always be anti tigers. It’s just how it is.

@cochise said in Packer:

@cochise said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

@TYGA said in Packer:

Oh well!

Lol, what utter crap.

Lol, its all a conspiracy I tell you! He was given a charge that doesn’t carry enough points for a suspension.

@cochise said in Packer:

@cochise said in Packer:

@cochise said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

@TYGA said in Packer:

Oh well!

Lol, what utter crap.

Lol, its all a conspiracy I tell you! He was given a charge that doesn’t carry enough points for a suspension.

No conspiracy. It’s just the way it is. Enough charges lead to suspensions. That was not worthy of a replay let alone a charge. Its pathetic. I find it infuriating.

last edited by rustycage

@JoshColeman99 said in Packer:

I think the packer suspension is an interesting one. Seems like he got done for intent more than anything, he fell In a bad way but he barely even touched Guthos head

I think it’s fair enough as Far as intent goes. He was sort of lucky Guthos head slipped out - could have gone horribly wrong. There was nothing to be gained from the tackle apart from the ire officials. Looked much worse than what it was but it was only ever going one way.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.