Packer

Packer is better for us than he has ever been and like a mid season signing. We will need him against the better quality teams

@Russell said in Packer:

@gallagher said in Packer:

@Jedi_Tiger said in Packer:

Packer sails close to the wind, the tackle was not great if he didnt have such a bad record he would have been ok
we will miss his aggression this week against warriors pack

And his 78m.

And his 120 metres as a decoy.

And his 38 tackles with 0 misses. Not bad in 47 mins.

@Russell said in Packer:

Packer sails close to the wind, the tackle was not great if he didnt have such a bad record he would have been ok

And his 78m.

And a cocked elbow to Matto’s face

@GNR4LIFE said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

And his 78m.

I believe it was his shoulder. Can you imagine how many weeks he would of copped if it was an elbow

Big miss this week our front row looks average

@Red88_Tiger said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

And his 78m.

I believe it was his shoulder. Can you imagine how many weeks he would of copped if it was an elbow

I’m enjoying thinking it was an elbow. Don’t ruin it for me.

@Red88_Tiger said in Packer:

@Russell said in Packer:

And his 78m.

I’m enjoying thinking it was an elbow. Don’t ruin it for me.

It wasn’t, but I appreciate the sentiment.

@tony-soprano said in Packer:

Big miss this week our front row looks average

He is a big loss but I thought Big Ollie was a bit more energetic last week, hope he can gradually ramp it up. Blore will most likely add starch n punch off the bench, (he’s gotten a taste of it now) and hopefully Big Ollie and Big Mickey will feed off seeing a young bull come in, take the game by the scruff, rag-doll it and wanna do the same.
I feel a little self-conscious openly admitting this, but we are Tigers Nation, but I feel like Blore’s a special player. His impressive junior resume along with the positions of leadership have shone through in one 42min stint. I can’t wait to see more.

@Russell said in Packer:

And his 78m.

I don’t care if he hit him with a Mack truck - he deserves it.

@JoshColeman99 said in Packer:

I think the packer suspension is an interesting one. Seems like he got done for intent more than anything, he fell In a bad way but he barely even touched Guthos head

Packer has a bad reputation with the refs and i think they watch his actions more closer than others, he did drop his weight in the tackle but unsure if really a crusher, and i do see other players do similar but not even a penalty.
His aggression is great, motor is good also which i was surprised about considering time out of the game.
Really want to see him and JWH at it in a few weeks if stays on the field.
That hit on Matterson was fantastic viewing, and loved the verbal spray afterwards, however i think it woke up the eels they were for a contest.

@Tigerbuck63 said in Packer:

I think the packer suspension is an interesting one. Seems like he got done for intent more than anything, he fell In a bad way but he barely even touched Guthos head

Packer has a bad reputation with the refs and i think they watch his actions more closer than others, he did drop his weight in the tackle but unsure if really a crusher, and i do see other players do similar but not even a penalty.
His aggression is great, motor is good also which i was surprised about considering time out of the game.
That hit on Matterson was fantastic viewing, and loved the verbal spray afterwards, however i think it woke up the eels they were for a contest.

A lot of us dont think it was a crusher tackle. Looked bad initially, but a closer look showed it to be otherwise. Front on looked less like a crusher also. As Josh said, more intent. If it really was a crusher, he would have got a whole lot more than 1 week. Media beat up.

@tonza said in Packer:

A lot of us dont think it was a crusher tackle. Looked bad initially, but a closer look showed it to be otherwise. Front on looked less like a crusher also. As Josh said, more intent. If it really was a crusher, he would have got a whole lot more than 1 week. Media beat up.

There was a bunch of crushers in last nights game vs the Warriors that were far worse than Russell’s so called terribly dangerous crusher - or perhaps not quite a crusher but intended crusher, or whatever else was mentioned last week. Funnily enough, last nights crushers were hardly mentioned at all by commentators, media or fans. That ridiculously dangerous tackle by Hiku was disgraceful and only a penalty came of it I think. I don’t think the referee wanted to penalise him for it either. Perhaps a touchies call?

@rustycage said in Packer:

@tonza said in Packer:

There was a bunch of crushers in last nights game vs the Warriors that were far worse than Russell’s so called terribly dangerous crusher - or perhaps not quite a crusher but intended crusher, or whatever else was mentioned last week. Funnily enough, last nights crushers were hardly mentioned at all by commentators, media or fans. That ridiculously dangerous tackle by Hiku was disgraceful and only a penalty came of it I think. I don’t think the referee wanted to penalise him for it either. Perhaps a touchies call?

Yeah, I noticed that too. And the funny part is, if the refs got hold of things early on, it stops, and also sets a platform for who’s in charge.

whats the matter son is still not in the eels squad

That hit must of sent him back a few dimensions by Packer.

@TheDaBoss said in Packer:

whats the matter son is still not in the eels squad

That hit must of sent him back a few dimensions by Packer.

Slimey’s handling of his recovery might not be up to standard. Could be exploring options elsewhere

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.