MCK

Spoke to my dad (currently a long serving psychiatrist/physician at Westmead and was club doctor at Wests for 13 years) earlier today and chatted thru MCK’s seizure last night.

Upon mentioning that MCK was also knocked out last year, Dad expressed professional opinion that it’s unusual to have a convulsive response to a head collision and that the two concussive incidents are possibly related given the resulting manifestation.

Dad said it would be up to MCK to heed the advice of the relevant neurologists but he would be surprised if MCK ever plays football again given the circumstances 🤯

Yikes 😳

@westies said in MCK:

Spoke to my dad (currently a long serving psychiatrist/physician at Westmead and was club doctor at Wests for 13 years) earlier today and chatted thru MCK’s seizure last night.

Upon mentioning that MCK was also knocked out last year, Dad expressed professional opinion that it’s unusual to have a convulsive response to a head collision and that the two concussive incidents are possibly related given the resulting manifestation.

Dad said it would be up to MCK to heed the advice of the relevant neurologists but he would be surprised if MCK ever plays football again given the circumstances 🤯

Yikes 😳

Thats sad news especially that the knock didn’t seem that bad

I was actually wondering that today- whether the seizure could end his career. Very sad if that is the case obviously but he has a long life to lead after footy and needs to consider that.

So sad if it’s that serious.

Just in passing, what happened about Mbye’s blackout in Origin time last year? Nothing seemed to come of it.

It was scary viewing watching Chee Kam convulsing one the ground .

Yeah, poor fella

If true, he should look at retirement like Fulton did. Hes still got 1 more year on his contract, which would be paid out, and he’ll be pushing 30 by then. He shouldn’t risk the rest of his life for a couple more years.

It looked a lot worse than concussion last night. Glad he is ok but yeh hopefully he is getting the support he needs.

I just wish him & his family all the best & that he doesn’t have any long term effects.

What ever decision he makes hopefully it’s made with his long term health in mind.

Damn that is sad if true

That is terrible news if true. Wish him the best and a speedy recovery. Not my favourite tiger player but those match winners last year would be up there with all time great memories.

I feel for MCK…he won’t get a definitive answer as to what risk is he exposed to by continuing to play…the Dr’s will give wishy washy answers…

From what I know a seizure/fit doesn’t normally correlate to how bad the injury is. Clearly no expert but I watch a lot of combat sports and I’ve seen guys fit and seize up after being knocked out and it normally doesn’t mean there’s more damage than usual.

Chee has had a couple bad knocks now. Needs to be very careful, will come back to bite him in 30 years time.

last edited by JoshColeman99

96A2A370-312A-4224-9BBA-70EF3D9EDF84.jpeg

He will play again I’m sure. Hopefully gets at least two weeks off though

Usually convulsions after being hit in the head are caused by bleeding between the brain and the skull .

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.