Titans get their man with Fifita

Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal
Author
Dan Walsh
NRL.com Reporter
Sat 25 Jul 2020, 02:47 PM
Dan Walsh

The Gold Coast have landed the biggest recruitment raid in the club’s history with Brisbane’s David Fifita agreeing to terms on a multi-million dollar, three-year Titans deal.

Fifita has brought one of the more protracted signing sagas in recent times to a close by plumping for the Broncos’ southern rivals from 2021.

Titans head of culture Mal Meninga confirmed Fifita would be Gold Coast-bound on Saturday afternoon, while it’s understood that he told Broncos teammates earlier in the day that he would be leaving Red Hill at the end of 2020.

“It’s a great signing for the club,” Meninga said on Fox League.

“With all humility and respect I think the Fifita family has handled it really well, Dave and his mum Gwen and all their family have handled tough circumstances. It’s been played out in the media hasn’t it? But it’s a great acquisition for the club going forward.”

For the Titans though Fifita’s expected signing is one of the biggest in the club’s 13-year history, and an emphatic endorsement of the turnaround beginning to take shape under rookie coach Justin Holbrook.

By the same token his exit from Red Hill is a hammer blow for Brisbane and comes after another thumping on the field, Melbourne 46-8 thrashing on Friday night.

No wonder Seibold wanted nothing to do with the question about Fifita in his press conference last night. Have to applaud Fifita though, I know the money made the decision easier but he is going to a club that desperately needs him and has the opportunity to really lead them forward and build a legacy.

good for him. Sets his family up for life and hopefully put the Titans on the up…

Him & Tino are going to form an awesome back row

The worse the Broncos went the easier that decision was going to be for him. Might as well get paid if you’re going to play for a rubbish team!

how good is titans pack

@TheDaBoss said in Titans get their man with Fifita:

how good is titans pack

He’ll succumb to plodderism

Titans have a great young forward pack next year. Still need to improve the rest of their team but it’s a very good start

@hobbo1 said in Titans get their man with Fifita:

how good is titans pack

I think you’re right. He’s a great player, but Titans need an inspirational player, a leader, especially at that sort of money. Time will tell, but I can’t see him being what Titans needed.

Broncos on the other hand, losing arguably their best player will only see them fall further, which is great to see.

@JD-Tiger said in Titans get their man with Fifita:

@hobbo1 said in Titans get their man with Fifita:

how good is titans pack

I think you’re right. He’s a great player, but Titans need an inspirational player, a leader, especially at that sort of money. Time will tell, but I can’t see him being what Titans needed.

Broncos on the other hand, losing arguably their best player will only see them fall further, which is great to see.

Yep …
Signed on the dotted line
Moneys in the bank
She’ll be right
Relax

Titans building its team via big money acquisitions. It will be interesting as ours is a different strategy.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Titans get their man with Fifita:

Titans building its team via big money acquisitions. It will be interesting as ours is a different strategy.

We’re more like Lee Marvin’s Dirty Dozen with a few extras 😂

Broncos losing on and off the field. Fantastic! I look forward to the Rorters ending up the same

Wow

Fifita can just cruise now if he wants

Massive risk for titans

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme