Wests Tigers Team v Warriors Rd 12

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire will welcome back several players from injury for Friday’s Round 12 clash against the New Zealand Warriors.

After a close loss to Parramatta in Round 11, Wests Tigers have been boosted by the return of Alex Twal (knee), Thomas Mikaele (knee) and Luke Garner (concussion) for Friday’s game, while Robert Jennings (hamstring) and Josh Reynolds (suspension) are also eligible for selection and have been named in the reserves.

Twal starts for his first game in over a month in place of Russell Packer — who is suspended for Round 12 — while Garner returns for Michael Chee Kam.

The Samoan international has not been named as he continues the necessary protocols from a serious head knock suffered last week, but is steadily improving and recovering well.

Shawn Blore retains his spot on the bench after an impressive debut in Round 11, with Chris McQueen and Alex Seyfarth joining Reynolds and Jennings in the reserves.

Friday’s game will be Wests Tigers’ first home game at the Sydney Cricket Ground — home of the Gadigal people — since 2013.

Wests Tigers have also won five of their past six games against the Warriors, including the last four played between the two sides in Australia.

1 Adam Doueihi
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Chris Lawrence
4 Moses Mbye
5 Tommy Talau

6 Billy Walters
7 Benji Marshall

8 Josh Aloiai
9 Harry Grant
10 Oliver Clark
11 Luke Garner
12 Luciano Leilua
13 Alex Twal

14 Sam McIntyre
15 Thomas Mikaele
16 Luke Brooks
17 Shawn Blore

18 Josh Reynolds
19 Chris McQueen
20 Alex Seyfarth
21 Robert Jennings

last edited by Geo

Cant believe I’m saying this but eiso out hurts a bit. Good to see twal back and blore hold his spot

last edited by hodgo

Great to see Jennings back in the 21. Welcome back Robert.

Good to see Blore get another run 👊🏻

Where is Eisenhuth?

@hobbo1 said in Wests Tigers Team v Warriors:

Good to see Blore get another run 👊🏻

Where is Eisenhuth?

Injured apparently.

Didn’t Eiso injure his knee?

Eisenhuth has a knee injury.

No surprises, hopefully Eisenhuth’s knee isn’t too bad. Bench looks solid although Brooks needs to start doing something.

Blore v Blair should be a good un

Yeah wouldn’t think Eiso would get dropped if he was fit. He’s been very good.

Good to have almost everyone available for selection

Welcome back Twal. Who at the start of the season would have predicted the current bench.

I’d rather Reynolds over Walters and Walters on the bench instead of Brooks, but I can live with this. Walters is the best defender of our halves but I do think Reynolds offers more in attack.

@Magpie1969 said in Wests Tigers Team v Warriors Rd 12:

Welcome back Twal. Who at the start of the season would have predicted the current bench.

Go back even a year and I’d say Nofoaluma, Aloiai, Garner, Twal and Mikaele were the only players in our lineup likely to be in the positions they’ve been named.

last edited by Lukic

@Magpie1969 said in Wests Tigers Team v Warriors Rd 12:

I do wonder who makes way when Musgrove comes back, he needs to be there

Clarke makes way for Musgrove

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.