Telstra

I’ve got to get away from Telstra.

I pay my account by direct debit to my credit card. Nothing has changed and the credit card is two years away from expiry but all of a sudden my direct debit is failing. Only Telstra - no other direct debits. And you can’t email them or talk to them. It used to be difficult to find a way to talk to Telstra but they seem to have upgraded their systems to now make it impossible.

The only reason I deal with them is because I have a home phone/internet/foxtel bundle.
The home phone I don’t care about. We can use our mobiles. the only calls we got on it are scammers.
The internet I can get anywhere pretty much.
But foxtel… the only thing I watch on it is rugby league. I know there are alternatives but I see posts on here of people mid-game saying that this or that platform has gone down. I don’t want that.

Is there a reliable alternative that will allow me to watch every game?

can you just get foxtel theough foxtel and not telstra.

Aussie broadband and foxtel with sport only or kayo.

@Jedi_Tiger said in Telstra:

can you just get foxtel theough foxtel and not telstra.

Geez I’m a goose. I didn’t even think of that. Thanks JT.

Optus is very much the same in regards to non-verbal comunications with the customer. I see it as the modern world’s obsession with non-verbal telecommunication and the telecommunications companies have decided to follow the trend.

I have same bundle but never agree for D/D with Telstra or mobile with optus just email . Like to have a bit of control before bill is paid as Telstra never inform when their discounts etc expire.

@tigger said in Telstra:

I pay my account by direct debit to my credit card. Nothing has changed and the credit card is two years away from expiry but all of a sudden my direct debit is failing. Only Telstra - no other direct debits. And you can’t email them or talk to them. It used to be difficult to find a way to talk to Telstra but they seem to have upgraded their systems to now make it impossible.

The only reason I deal with them is because I have a home phone/internet/foxtel bundle.
The home phone I don’t care about. We can use our mobiles. the only calls we got on it are scammers.
But foxtel… the only thing I watch on it is rugby league. I know there are alternatives but I see posts on here of people mid-game saying that this or that platform has gone down. I don’t want that.

Maybe you should post this on the Whirlpool Forum?

If ever I have a problem with Telstra, when asked what service you want I always ask for “Disconnect”.
That way you get to speak to an English speaking person, and they normally solve the issue pretty promptly.
Another way if I have an ongoing issue it to go straight to the “TIO” Telecommunication Ombudsman, Telcos normally crap themselves because every complaint is a black mark against them

@weststigers said in Telstra:

@tigger said in Telstra:

Thanks mate. I’m a 68 year old technological neanderthal. I had to google that to see what it is. Yeah, you’re probably right but this also happened a few years ago (when you could find someone to talk to) and it went on for ages and took months to fix.

This time I think I’ll just vote with my feet.

@tigger said in Telstra:

@tigger said in Telstra:

Thanks mate. I’m a 68 year old technological neanderthal. I had to google that to see what it is. Yeah, you’re probably right but this also happened a few years ago (when you could find someone to talk to) and it went on for ages and took months to fix.

Try the Telstra Support Forum…you might get some luck there https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/

OLM!!
“OLD LIVES MATTER”

@tigger said in Telstra:

@tigger said in Telstra:

No problem with asking here mate, we are a community that usually like to help each other out. I use Kayo and haven’t ever had a problem with it (touch wood) but yeah if you want to stay with foxtel just deal with them directly.

As you are (currently) with Telstra, Kayo is great value for $15pm (lock it in at that price before you leave them). It’s similar to Netflix/Prime, very rarely does it freeze. It has become more robust over the past 12 months.
I actually find myself watching quite a bit of Kayo content on demand when the baby is keeping me up, E.g. NRL 360, the Fan, Matty John’s Podcast, Thur/Sun night footy show.

Telstra/fox bundle is very very expensive
Kayo for sport
Isn’t there a fox play app or something?
Broadband wherever
Mobile… depends if you travel regional Australia or not

@old_man_tiger said in Telstra:

Aussie broadband and foxtel with sport only or kayo.

Aussie Broadband are very good and I highly recommend them.
I’m currently with Tangerine Telecom (VOCUS) and have no issues so far.

I’m with Telstra and have my foxtel with them but I’m going to cancel the internet but keep the Fox. Sick to death of the service existing customers of Telstra cop so moving to a small local ISP that is one of my clients, price is cheaper and speeds are better.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme