This is who we are...

Exact same…literally, exact same…as always…

Early lead.

Miss simple goals…lost momentum. Have not addressed goal kicking in years, yet we all act surprised when we miss pot shots.

Then give up an easy try…instead of being 18 or so up, like a finals team would, we suddenly have a game on our hands. Our energy drops…heads go down. Errors occur. The free flowing game turns into one outs and bombs hoping for luck. Opposition lifts and we concede easily.

Leaders disappear. Late rally falls short.

I mean, this has happened about ten times v bottom teams the past few years. Exact same pattern.

As if to prove just how low are halves footy IQs are…we somehow ended up with isolation and quick hands plays for Lawrence as our go to play three times down the stretch. Heroic guy he is, but lead hands and immobile…yet our halves went to him. Isolating Lawrence…the same play you would run for prime Meninga or Inglis. That is the plays they ran. Someone had to lead and seize the game. But, as always, no one did.

It defies belief. Honestly, it just defies belief.

last edited by ElleryHanley

When you look up Wests Tigers in the dictionary, it should say “LOSERS”

This club is an absolute embarassment, hope they move to Perth so I can stop caring.

Our forwards were rolled and we need to roll over the top of teams to win. Alternatively we need some classier players across the park.

I think someone misinterpreted NMNs.

It does not mean need more nufties

I’m disappointed but used to it. That’s the disappointing part!

Woe is West Tigers. Have hit rock bottom with that effort. Disgraceful.

As soon as our fowards got some resistance they went into hiding.

@willow said in This is who we are...:

Sums it up for me too

Great summary Ellery. I would just add that Warriors played a very good game and deserve a lot of credit. The Titans loss was just bad, but the Warriors were unrelenting in the second half, had great aggression in the forwards and finished their sets beautifully.

That said, you’re 100% about how that game played out and it felt so familiar.

It just feels like you don’t know where to go after a game like that. People are saying the season’s over but there’s a long way to go and if we win games we’ll make it, but there’s just no starch in our side, no mental toughness and no real obvious solution. You feel really proud of the way they play sometimes, but it’s always just not quite enough and so it’s hard to have much hope.

last edited by watersider

The bit that really stings for me tonight is that after 10 mins I looked at us rolling and looked at LL, Josh and our pack dominating…looked at the bench…considered how tough we have played lately…and I genuinely thought this team has turned a corner.

It is almost unbelievable.

@watersider said in This is who we are...:

Great summary Ellery. I would just add that Warriors played a very good game and deserve a lot of credit. The Titans loss was just bad, but the Warriors were unrelenting in the second half, had great aggression in the forwards and finished their sets beautifully.

That said, you’re 100% about how that game played out and it felt so familiar.

It just feels like you don’t know where to go after a game like that. People are saying the season’s over but there’s a long way to go and if we win games we’ll make it, but there’s just no starch in our side, no mental toughness and no real obvious solution. You feel really proud of the way they play sometimes, but it’s always just not quite enough and so it’s hard to have much hope.

We won’t make it for all the reasons you just stated.

You can’t lose to the Titans and Warriors and make the finals. It is that simple. Same last year v Titans and Dogs.

I have no idea what Madge can say to them…he has done the mad coach rev up already a ton of times.

The vets / leaders just are habitual losers. I mean that literally, not disrespectfully. The vets in the team are simply not winners.

It’s sad hey …
Watching a game with minimal emotion

It’s like my tv once a week induces a lobotomy

If we’re in the Matrix why have I been hooked up to West’s Tigers 😂

Warriors were very good but tigers were limp.A very poor performance so where does the coach go from here?
mybe,walters,benji,brookes,dooey- what does the coach do

Yes where once a loss like this, or any loss for that matter, would have me in mourning for a week, my care factor now is rapidly heading towards zero. It’s much like watching endless horror movies or crime shows. After a while of being subjected to the same type of horror over and over again, you just become desensitised to it.

Sadly this is now how I feel about my team’s performances. I honestly cannot see an end to this, I don’t think there is a coach in the NRL that could improve this team no matter what. It’s pretty much been the same crap for near a decade. I really don’t think the Wests Tigers will be around for much longer in any case.

You could get the Australian team and put them into tigers jerseys and they’d finish 9th. It’s ingrained into the club we aren’t winners.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme