This is who we are...

@ElleryHanley said in This is who we are...:

Make Packer captain

Josh VC

Mbye Lawry Benji gone for good…they have been serial losers in these games forever and we can’t have it rub off on the kids. Mbye is the kids captain and is a terrible, passive, non winner. We risk that rubbing off. Benji and Lawry talk the talk, but fail in these games every single year. They can’t be allowed to hurt the culture any more. Sad, but reality.

Packer C
Josh VC
And no excuses allowed from anyone.

What’s your thoughts on Brooks ? You seem to leave that name out .

In July 1968 on a Thursday night, my dad took me to Lidcombe oval for my first ever Rugby League match. West Magpies played France who was out here for the World Cup. I remember it clearly, football under the rubbish lights at Lidcombe oval . Noel Kelly was the coach but did not play that night. Now, does this sound familiar. Wests scored more tries but missed their goals and lost after the siren to France. I was 7 years old and can remember it clearly. The deflated experience again that I had tonight.

It was so predictable. I mean I said to my son, " Mbye’s going to miss this kick at goal.!!!

We all knew tonight’s games was a worrying game for our run for the top eight when it should not have been We have seen it now for twenty years. All of us knew at 8 nil up …we have not won this.

All of us got annoyed that they only got urgent in the last 5 minutes.

All of us got angry at the poor kicks on the fifth tackle being kicked to the second-best fullback in the world instead of the third-best Jennings brother…not mention landing 20 metres away from the goal line

All of shook our heads at the fifth tackle options.

All of us wondered why we cant get out of our 20 meters like other sides after receiving a kick.

I follow the Wests Tigers with just as much passion as I did that night when I was 7. I grew up in the Balmain district but followed the Magpies. But I have to put up with this rubbish of a so-called professional club now for 55 years.
There is something wrong with the management of the club.

I mean what club with any idea of what a football roster looks like has big money tied up in six halfs and 5/8s ( Brookes , Walters, Benji , Mbye, Reynolds Doueihi). Of which none seem to be able to run a team.

We still do not have a goal kicker. Just buy one. Any winger faster than Jennings who can kick must be better.

We have not had a center since the two clubs joined 20 years ago. Mbye couldn’t break a Jatz biscuit let alone the line.

We have not had a running second row since Gareth Ellis. In fact, he was the last one and only reasonable buy the club has made in 20 years.

We hang on to players way too long. Name me one player the Roosters got rid of who went on to better things in the last 50 years.

Lawrence must go at the end of the year
Benji must go at the end of the year
Brookes needs to be told to test the market
Buy a goal kicker …go to the UK and get one. Don’t care if he cant run get a kicker who will kick at 80%
Get a running second row who is faster than me at 60 years old .
Mybye needs to be sacked as captain, as a centre and as first-grade player
Reynolds must go
Jennings must go.
Somebody (Brett Hodgson) needs to sit with Adam Doueihi and teach him positional play in defense.
Packer must go. Too old next year and too risky
Taylor must be moved on
Walters is not the answer.

Move to one ground and build a fortress
Get a proper head of the football division
Let Madge have 3 years then if no result move him on.
Do not sign him to an extension without results.

So still since that night in July 1968…I have that same old feeling after a game that I have come to expect.

Many players in this squad have received a lot of criticism and with some justification.But I think it goes much deeper I believe the whole organisation is poorly run. From the owners ,management coaching staff players .3 finals in 20years,no finals since 2011,suggests to me it’s more than just this squad.I think we are look on as poorly run club in the wider football world. We have had many good players over the years who wanted out other good players we have tried to get to the club with no luck,they can’t all be wrong.As a long suffering member I am tired of mediocre the only protests I can make is to not renew my membership

@Goanna57 said in This is who we are...:

Many players in this squad have received a lot of criticism and with some justification.But I think it goes much deeper I believe the whole organisation is poorly run. From the owners ,management coaching staff players .3 finals in 20years,no finals since 2011,suggests to me it’s more than just this squad.I think we are look on as poorly run club in the wider football world. We have had many good players over the years who wanted out other good players we have tried to get to the club with no luck,they can’t all be wrong.As a long suffering member I am tired of mediocre the only protests I can make is to not renew my membership

I can not believe it some one else is seeing the light…I have been calling out the powers that be in this club for years . The mediocrity at this club comes from the top has been for years … How many more coaches does this club need to churn through … how many more talented players will leave to achieve there ambitions …how many more home grounds can we have …how much longer is the club going to continue dividing the supporter base . You want to see mediocrity it meets once a month ! The philosophy of this club is broken there needs to be a reboot and new blood brought in this is the only way the mediocrity cycle will be broken.

last edited by Snake

Mbye is gonski next week, when Madge fumed there was no leadership out there he was no doubt referring to Humphrey B Bear.
Benji tried very hard and I thought despite looking tired he was capable. It’s hard to believe we haven’t addressed our pathetic goal kicking but Benji is our best option here.
Brooks has a negative impact on the team - he just can’t focus, can’t take control and generally we look disjointed, flaky in attack when he comes on.
Talau looks lost on the wing, he’s a centre.
Eisenhuth has turned things around - I was never a fan, but this year he can hold his head high, we missed his defence tonight.
Mikaele has gone backwards this year.
Twal is not a lock.
I thought Blore performed pretty well tonight, not easy as a 19 year old when you’re in the trenches with mannequins.
We need a few more Luchiano Leiluas - what a machine!
Some passion returning next week -Packer, BJ but has the bird flown already, that sleepwalking effort tonight has us behind the 8 Ball.
We are we sacrificing so much home ground advantage by moving these games to other stadiums - where is our Identity now???
Where is Pasco ? Weekend At Bernie’s??

@TonyTiger said in This is who we are...:

Mbye is gonski next week, when Madge fumed there was no leadership out there he was no doubt referring to Humphrey B Bear.
Benji tried very hard and I thought despite looking tired he was capable. It’s hard to believe we haven’t addressed our pathetic goal kicking but Benji is our best option here.
Brooks has a negative impact on the team - he just can’t focus, can’t take control and generally we look disjointed, flaky in attack when he comes on.
Talau looks lost on the wing, he’s a centre.
Eisenhuth has turned things around - I was never a fan, but this year he can hold his head high, we missed his defence tonight.
Mikaele has gone backwards this year.
Twal is not a lock.
I thought Blore performed pretty well tonight, not easy as a 19 year old when you’re in the trenches with mannequins.
We need a few more Luchiano Leiluas - what a machine!
Some passion returning next week -Packer, BJ but has the bird flown already, that sleepwalking effort tonight has us behind the 8 Ball.
We are we sacrificing so much home ground advantage by moving these games to other stadiums - where is our Identity now???
Where is Pasco ? Weekend At Bernie’s??

Give us one home ground next year !

@Snake said in This is who we are...:

I can not believe it some one else is seeing the light…I have been calling out the powers that be in this club for years . The mediocrity at this club comes from the top has been for years … How many more coaches does this club need to churn through … how many more talented players will leave to achieve there ambitions …how many more home grounds can we have …how much longer is the club going to continue dividing the supporter base . You want to see mediocrity it meets once a month ! The philosophy of this club is broken there needs to be a reboot and new blood brought in this is the only way the mediocrity cycle will be broken.

Amen to that

@tiger-magpie said in This is who we are...:

In July 1968 on a Thursday night, my dad took me to Lidcombe oval for my first ever Rugby League match. West Magpies played France who was out here for the World Cup. I remember it clearly, football under the rubbish lights at Lidcombe oval . Noel Kelly was the coach but did not play that night. Now, does this sound familiar. Wests scored more tries but missed their goals and lost after the siren to France. I was 7 years old and can remember it clearly. The deflated experience again that I had tonight.

It was so predictable. I mean I said to my son, " Mbye’s going to miss this kick at goal.!!!

We all knew tonight’s games was a worrying game for our run for the top eight when it should not have been We have seen it now for twenty years. All of us knew at 8 nil up …we have not won this.

All of us got annoyed that they only got urgent in the last 5 minutes.

All of us got angry at the poor kicks on the fifth tackle being kicked to the second-best fullback in the world instead of the third-best Jennings brother…not mention landing 20 metres away from the goal line

All of shook our heads at the fifth tackle options.

All of us wondered why we cant get out of our 20 meters like other sides after receiving a kick.

I follow the Wests Tigers with just as much passion as I did that night when I was 7. I grew up in the Balmain district but followed the Magpies. But I have to put up with this rubbish of a so-called professional club now for 55 years.
There is something wrong with the management of the club.

I mean what club with any idea of what a football roster looks like has big money tied up in six halfs and 5/8s ( Brookes , Walters, Benji , Mbye, Reynolds Doueihi). Of which none seem to be able to run a team.

We still do not have a goal kicker. Just buy one. Any winger faster than Jennings who can kick must be better.

We have not had a center since the two clubs joined 20 years ago. Mbye couldn’t break a Jatz biscuit let alone the line.

We have not had a running second row since Gareth Ellis. In fact, he was the last one and only reasonable buy the club has made in 20 years.

We hang on to players way too long. Name me one player the Roosters got rid of who went on to better things in the last 50 years.

Lawrence must go at the end of the year
Benji must go at the end of the year
Brookes needs to be told to test the market
Buy a goal kicker …go to the UK and get one. Don’t care if he cant run get a kicker who will kick at 80%
Get a running second row who is faster than me at 60 years old .
Mybye needs to be sacked as captain, as a centre and as first-grade player
Reynolds must go
Jennings must go.
Somebody (Brett Hodgson) needs to sit with Adam Doueihi and teach him positional play in defense.
Packer must go. Too old next year and too risky
Taylor must be moved on
Walters is not the answer.

Move to one ground and build a fortress
Get a proper head of the football division
Let Madge have 3 years then if no result move him on.
Do not sign him to an extension without results.

So still since that night in July 1968…I have that same old feeling after a game that I have come to expect.

I was there that night as well … still remember it !

This post is deleted!

@JoshColeman99 said in This is who we are...:

@Geo said in This is who we are...:

Forwards bar Mikaele and McIntyre got owned …

Hopefully we extend McIntyre

Hopefully we don’t.

It must be a night for all us old buggers still fuming after that abysmal effort tonight(I am 67).At half time i was furious with the performance and the excellent bottle of wine i was drinking was tasting like sour vinegar by the end of the match.I honestly dont think i have ever seen a more inept captain than M’Bye in my entire life.he never seems to be able to fire the team up and is very passive.I have seen Tiger captains almost belt blokes to try to get them to perform.He needs to go at the end of the season
Benji is cooked well and truly and Chris not far behind him.both will occasionaly play a fair game but the majority of the time they are ineffective and stopping somebody elses development.They need to retire gracefully this year,they are the past of the club not the future.
We need a GOAL KICKER who can kick 75%,we lost tonight because we dont have one.Once again we scored as many tries as the opposition but couldnt kick goals.
If Packer can continue his form and control his aggression he could be the forward leader we need badly if not get one.
I have only seen us win 2 grand finals and am thinking i wont see a 3rd.Madge has to remove the deadwood from the club at the end of the season.No extensions to anyone who is not going to improve as a WT player
Sorry for the rant

I stopped giving them money, they can waste the pokies money.

@hank37w said in This is who we are...:

Highlight of the game was Madge going off at half time and kicking the chair across the room.
At that stage we were actually leading, would hate to be anywhere near him after the game.

Madge is as much to blame for the performance he just did not have them ready to play.
Incorrect team selections.
We have not made the finals under him either, losing respect for what he says.
Sack the captain as well, as soon as he missed that 1st goal then handed the duties to AD I thought we were stuffed.
At least put me out of my misery in 2020.

@Cultured_Bogan said in This is who we are...:

I try not to be one of these Monday morning quarterbacks but when Moses and AD shanked two kicks from virtually in front I knew we were going to bake this game.

Could have been a different game had we kicked those conversions.

How does a first grade kicker miss them from in front?

Truly unbelievable.

Don’t know if anyone noticed the facial expression of Mbye as he approached the kicking tee?
I expect he will be dropped and find it difficult to play back into the team. As I’ve previously posted the club’s culture needs an upgrade, we fail to keep our rising stars, we burn decent players and we occasionally hire a winning coach thinking it will solve everything. We all know that winning starts in the boardroom. So too does losing.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.