Reality check

I know we’re all hurting. But this game demonstrated what we know and what we know Madge knows.

1. Discipline in defence is our biggest issue. Set restarts and penalties were the biggest killer tonight. That comes from not making solid first contact. When the Warriors get forward momentum Tigers tried too hard to slow the ruck down and gave away too many sets of six and too much field position.

2. Attacking composure is very lacking. Every individual responsible for attack is playing an individual game. They played like they were behind as soon as NZ scored. Coldly sticking to the plan in this scenario impact opposition confidence. Panicking gives them resolve. We did not play like a confident team tonight.

3. We are a youth team. Madge has not been playing to win the 2020 premiership or he would be picking sides to build combinations. His policy is to build resolve in the entire squad long term. He doesn’t know what our best side is yet

Probably coming 11th or so this season. Dragons should over take us. Another rough year with excuses we can find as usual 😛

@facepalmer said in Reality check:

I know we’re all hurting. But this game demonstrated what we know and what we know Madge knows.

1. Discipline in defence is our biggest issue. Set restarts and penalties were the biggest killer tonight. That comes from not making solid first contact. When the Warriors get forward momentum Tigers tried too hard to slow the ruck down and gave away too many sets of six and too much field position.

2. Attacking composure is very lacking. Every individual responsible for attack is playing an individual game. They played like they were behind as soon as NZ scored. Coldly sticking to the plan in this scenario impact opposition confidence. Panicking gives them resolve. We did not play like a confident team tonight.

3. We are a youth team. Madge has not been playing to win the 2020 premiership or he would be picking sides to build combinations. His policy is to build resolve in the entire squad long term. He doesn’t know what our best side is yet

How could Madge be building combinations when he regularly picks pensioners like Benji, Lawrence, a crock like Douehi and non-performers like MBye in his team? The broom has to be swept through these players.

Sack Lawrence, mbye, and Brooks.

Bring back Leilua, on nofos side, shift talau to centres, bring in the new easts recruit, and bring in Josh Reynolds.

Do that and we roll the knights next week.

Mbye back in the team only if douheli is injured.

Warriors turned up.

That trio lost us the game.

Seasons not done yet, but madge finally has no choice but to now finally get rid of an insipid mbye.

@underdog said in Reality check:

Bring back Leilua, on nofos side, shift talau to centres, bring in the new easts recruit, and bring in Josh Reynolds.

Warriors turned up.

Seasons not done yet, but madge finally has no choice but to now finally get rid of an insipid mbye.

How you could possibly say Brooks cost us the game is beyond me.I reckon the game was gone before he stepped on the field.M’Bye is in terrible form and should be moved on asap he looks disinterested.Lawrence tried hard but his age/accumulated injuries are telling.Benji and Walters had poor games also and certainly not the first time this year

The most embarrassing thing is Brooks being on the bench for the last 3 weeks , I am at a lost to know where the coaches head is at . If this is the vibe during the week any wonder they play like they did tonight

Look this years squad was always very ?.. commodity.
There are gaps everywhere … where does one start.
OK you can start with the guy with © next to his name. He is not a leader or a motivating force in this squad.
Next We don’t have a fullback and so key ingredient is missing from our spine…
Our forward pack gets dominated … often … and then everyone is up in arms about our half and 5/8. Paring of Lucy and Garner in starting pack is for me, a weakness that our pack can’t continue with. They are both attacking edge forwards but Garner is a poor defender and he’s on when our pack need to establish its authority.also we have no forward leader apart from Packer but unfortunately he spends more time either being inured or suspended.
I’m not sure if this is what the coach demands … but the inability or unwillingness of our forwards to promote second phase offloads is very troublesome.
Then there is a issue of lack of speed in our backline and no consisten goal kicker.
Wow that’s a long list of “things to fix” for our coach for next season.
So for me we are where I expected to be this season … sitting just somewhere below the first eight finish line … and nothing going to change until all of the above is addressed.

@jadtiger said in Reality check:

@underdog said in Reality check:

Warriors turned up.

How you could possibly say Brooks cost us the game is beyond me.I reckon the game was gone before he stepped on the field.M’Bye is in terrible form and should be moved on asap he looks disinterested.Lawrence tried hard but his age/accumulated injuries are telling.Benji and Walters had poor games also and certainly not the first time this year

Didnt say he specifically COST use the game. However his complete lack of direction, leadership and insipid kicking game quashed any chances of us winning it.

Disappointing. We should have toweled them with guys returning from injury and instead we bottled it.

Unacceptable.

No point pointing out individual players. Anyone that plays for the tigers are only here because they can’t make the good teams.

Just a bunch of weak and pathetic excuses for professionals.

Kinda agree with above that was a whole team worth of ordinary. We just cant back up week to week . Not an excuse but jebus we must be going through some strapping tape.

For me our line speed was awful and we got beat pretty bad in the middle. Added to that we cant kick goals and we also had zero enterprising play. Rough one hard for the heart

last edited by hodgo

constantly complain about full back but no one wants to put brookes in full back. instead waste him on bench

Madge knows, but hasn’t fixed. Next year is a chance for a big squad turnover, but is it likely that marquee players at the top of their game would come to a club that missed the finals for a decade straight?
I see premiership success being at least 2 years off.

At the start of each half we have decoy runners, Grants passes the ball wide of the ruck for some hit ups and there are players in motion, as soon as something goes wrong or they get tired the revert to running one out and bombing on the last.
This is only one of many problems but it looks like there is a game plan , it just falls apart under pressure.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme