Lucy

Not to be too hard on him as he’s been a revelation this year and one of our best. I’m noticing a worrying trend though. He comes out like a superstar for the first 20, then goes into his shell. It can’t be his fitness, cos apparently Madge has him fitter than ever 🤷‍♂️

last edited by GNR4LIFE

I put that down to the bench rotation, he is conserving energy. Both backrowers should not be asked to play 80 minutes each week, this should be the exception when there are injuries.

Agree with Harv. Big ask for a guy his size to play 80. He’s doing well. If only his teammates could do the same.

Can’t really fault him. He doesn’t see enough ball, they seem to forget he’s there especially in the second half. He’s our best attacking player at the moment

His biggest strength is his offload, not being utilised properly. But at the same time he never has anyone backing him up

@Speed2burn said in Lucy:

His biggest strength is his offload, not being utilised properly. But at the same time he never has anyone backing him up

That is one of the biggest killers of our attack. There is no support, no players in motion, no uncertainty created for the defence.

We complete at above 80% regularly, but those completions are based on 1 up hit ups with an obvious runner allowing the defence to swarm an kill our momentum. All our momentum has come off the dummy half creating defensive uncertainty.

You mean the offload that bagged our first try?

what do we think about Garner is he a myth ? or is that too harsh

@Jedi_Tiger said in Lucy:

A one trick pony. Can run a good line, moves well and if we can isolate a weak defensive player he may run over the top of them.

Defence is terrible, no size, gets dominated in dirty hit ups and cannot do the grunt work.

Another of those hybrid players we seem to have who are too small to play in the backrow and too slow to play in the centres. He is a decent bench/depth player.

ner is he a myth ? or is that too harsh

Is he even a myth - I mean its quite clear he isn’t a NRL level starting 2nd rower. Luch is but Garner isnt and that was obvious again tonight but no one would think he should be but we lack options in the 2nd row - Lawrence, Chee, ET, Garner - None of them are NRL level 2nd rowers but personally I’d play Lawrence their for now and to me that is one of the key positions we need to fill for next yr as I don’t see a NRL option at the moment althogh Blore might get their

@Cultured_Bogan said in Lucy:

You mean the offload that bagged our first try?

Uhm yeah? that’s what I meant by being his biggest strength

1st player picked each week

Blore-ing.

His time is done

Another version of MCK.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme