If Madge fails.....

@twentyforty said in If Madge fails.....:

I think it’s about time we heard from Lee and other board members showing some solidarity and support of Madge.

No need for words. Madge doesn’t need support I just think it’s in our interest to extend his contract. Good coach our best hope of longer term success. No stars are signing here and no top line coaches are coming if he leaves.

@bptiger said in If Madge fails.....:

I want to see him target some gun players either here or from England , if the raiders can do it then why the hell cant we . We need some experienced players coming in and they can’t be on there last legs .

👍👍👍👍 Exactly.
Titans got fifita.

last edited by PJ

@happy_tiger said in If Madge fails.....:

@formerguest said in If Madge fails.....:

@Tigerbuck63 said in If Madge fails.....:

i saw nothing at half time where the players respected what he was saying. We were completing our sets, In front if i was a player i would have thought give us a break we are trying but key players are letting us down.
What’s the game plan in the 2nd half coach, when is brooks on??
Walters was doing nothing i would have made changes at half time, that would have sent a message to the team instead of a spray.

Good to see others now joining in the chorus on this, as the spray seemed way out of place in the circumstances, with the failure to act on necessary changes not that far behind.

Can’t keep blasting blokes week after week …it wears off very quickly …2 a year they say …probably right

Says who? I’d rather Madge blast them the give them a cuddle at half time. At least he wants us to have pride in the jersey. This 2 a year has been said by Gus before but it doesn’t seem to effect the storm. At least Madge doesn’t make excuses we now have standards.

@Spartan117 said in If Madge fails.....:

Madge will not fail if we stay the course with hard training and recruitment.

I heard it put tjat a successful club has its top 5 paid players as their top 5 performing players.

Mbye, Reynolds, packer, brooks

This isnt and hasnt ever been this clubs case in recent history.

We are on track with Madge…

We have 6 in the top 100 highest paid in the order of
Reynolds 850
Mbye 825
Packer 750
BJ 700
Doueihi 625
Brooks 600

At this stage only Doueihi and Mbye and have played all games by round 12.
Packer has played 3 games.
BJ has played 8
Reynolds has played 7?
Brooks has play 8 starting and 2 bench.

@Tigerstar said in If Madge fails.....:

i saw nothing at half time where the players respected what he was saying. We were completing our sets, In front if i was a player i would have thought give us a break we are trying but key players are letting us down.
Walters was doing nothing i would have made changes at half time, that would have sent a message to the team instead of a spray.

Good to see others now joining in the chorus on this, as the spray seemed way out of place in the circumstances, with the failure to act on necessary changes not that far behind.

Can’t keep blasting blokes week after week …it wears off very quickly …2 a year they say …probably right

Says who? I’d rather Madge blast them the give them a cuddle at half time. At least he wants us to have pride in the jersey. This 2 a year has been said by Gus before but it doesn’t seem to effect the storm. At least Madge doesn’t make excuses we now have standards.

If giving him them a cuddle means they play better the second half I’m all for it. No point going nuts if it doesn’t have the desired effect.

If Maguire left which successful and experienced coach would come to this toxic environment? Board needs to stand by Maguire and look at long term success.

@avocadoontoast said in If Madge fails.....:

If giving him them a cuddle means they play better the second half I’m all for it. No point going nuts if it doesn’t have the desired

I’m not sure what would work with this team, maybe Madge needs to find a balance? I actually like seeing his passion, one thing I’m not sure on is if some of the guys should be playing at the moment. Some of them look busted also noticed Moses grabbing at his groin a few times.

@mike said in If Madge fails.....:

I think it’s about time we heard from Lee and other board members showing some solidarity and support of Madge.

What like Madge has the full support of the board? If that happens it’s the beginning of the end for Madge.

It’s not needed or required and I certainly wouldn’t want to hear those words.

If the board gets involved publicly then there is a serious issue beyond the scope of the coach and it’s bye bye Madge.

Ha ha, Mike, I see your point, but there are many other ways board members can publicly display solidarity without using that cliche which means the door is now open. Ha ha.
It’s very important that the players are aware that player management and board are as one. We’ve all seen cases where the players perform badly to influence the boards view of the coaching roster. Some players find the training too hard etc.

If giving him them a cuddle means they play better the second half I’m all for it. No point going nuts if it doesn’t have the desired

I’m not sure what would work with this team, maybe Madge needs to find a balance? I actually like seeing his passion, one thing I’m not sure on is if some of the guys should be playing at the moment. Some of them look busted also noticed Moses grabbing at his groin a few times.

100%. A few blokes look injured. AD was on one leg (which Madge bizarrely wouldn’t acknowledge in the presser) and Twal was nowhere near ready to play.

100%. A few blokes look injured. AD was on one leg (which Madge bizarrely wouldn’t acknowledge in the presser) and Twal was nowhere near ready to play.

Twal copped a fresh injury during the game but I didn’t think he looked bad at all. If Doueihi wasn’t right to play he wouldn’t have played we have Mbye who could’ve gone back there. Doueihi looked fine to me watching at the ground just slow as ever lol

@Needaname said in If Madge fails.....:

@Spartan117 said in If Madge fails.....:

Madge will not fail if we stay the course with hard training and recruitment.

I heard it put tjat a successful club has its top 5 paid players as their top 5 performing players.

Mbye, Reynolds, packer, brooks

This isnt and hasnt ever been this clubs case in recent history.

We are on track with Madge…

We have 6 in the top 100 highest paid in the order of
Reynolds 850
Mbye 825
Packer 750
BJ 700
Doueihi 625
Brooks 600

At this stage only Doueihi and Mbye and have played all games by round 12.
Packer has played 3 games.
BJ has played 8
Reynolds has played 7?
Brooks has play 8 starting and 2 bench.

Naturally concerned with some of the individual amounts there, though sixteen clubs multiplied by the six you showed is 96, so we are not over represented in that list for mine.

@JoshColeman99 said in If Madge fails.....:

Twal copped a fresh injury during the game but I didn’t think he looked bad at all. If Doueihi wasn’t right to play he wouldn’t have played we have Mbye who could’ve gone back there. Doueihi looked fine to me watching at the ground just slow as ever lol

He was limping noticeably, towards the end of the 1st half in particular.

Compare us to the Storm …yeah right lol

What like Madge has the full support of the board? If that happens it’s the beginning of the end for Madge.

If the board gets involved publicly then there is a serious issue beyond the scope of the coach and it’s bye bye Madge.

Ha ha, Mike, I see your point, but there are many other ways board members can publicly display solidarity without using that cliche which means the door is now open. Ha ha.
It’s very important that the players are aware that player management and board are as one. We’ve all seen cases where the players perform badly to influence the boards view of the coaching roster. Some players find the training too hard etc.

The board should not be seen or heard . Honestly do you hear about the roosters board , lately and only very lately we have heard anything from Politis

As for board showing some support , you are overdramatising the situation . Yes bad result and bad season , fixing up a club takes time , getting into the 8 is great but no use if it’s not sutainable .

As much as I hate quoting Phil Gould , as he is mr 20/20 hindsight and mostly full of it he has made good points too and that is

• it takes. Coach / board to ruin a club with 12-18 months BUT takes. Coach / board 5 years to fix it .
    Look at the mess dib/ des created In the end at dogs , 3 years and still trying to get out of it , but that board has a plan and they have not been falling for stupid media pressure for them to fix it, I guarantee dogs will be a force in 2 years .

Now with madge, it’s his 2nd year it takes time , you can see he is building up the young and junior base, trying to install a culture this all takes time. It’s not a quick fix , board has not panicked and madge does not seem to be panicking .

This is why the board “showing support” will have opposite affect and cause more dramas and the same old same old as past 10years will happen at the tigers

@Rugba said in If Madge fails.....:

The board should not be seen or heard . Honestly do you hear about the roosters board , lately and only very lately we have heard anything from Politis

As for board showing some support , you are overdramatising the situation . Yes bad result and bad season , fixing up a club takes time , getting into the 8 is great but no use if it’s not sutainable .

As much as I hate quoting Phil Gould , as he is mr 20/20 hindsight and mostly full of it he has made good points too and that is

• it takes. Coach / board to ruin a club with 12-18 months BUT takes. Coach / board 5 years to fix it .
    Look at the mess dib/ des created In the end at dogs , 3 years and still trying to get out of it , but that board has a plan and they have not been falling for stupid media pressure for them to fix it, I guarantee dogs will be a force in 2 years .

Now with madge, it’s his 2nd year it takes time , you can see he is building up the young and junior base, trying to install a culture this all takes time. It’s not a quick fix , board has not panicked and madge does not seem to be panicking .

This is why the board “showing support” will have opposite affect and cause more dramas and the same old same old as past 10years will happen at the tigers

Hopefully the board show some resolve if and when the media pressure gets applied to Madge.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.