If Madge fails.....

@Rugba said in If Madge fails.....:

@twentyforty said in If Madge fails.....:

@mike said in If Madge fails.....:

I think it’s about time we heard from Lee and other board members showing some solidarity and support of Madge.

What like Madge has the full support of the board? If that happens it’s the beginning of the end for Madge.

It’s not needed or required and I certainly wouldn’t want to hear those words.

If the board gets involved publicly then there is a serious issue beyond the scope of the coach and it’s bye bye Madge.

Ha ha, Mike, I see your point, but there are many other ways board members can publicly display solidarity without using that cliche which means the door is now open. Ha ha.
It’s very important that the players are aware that player management and board are as one. We’ve all seen cases where the players perform badly to influence the boards view of the coaching roster. Some players find the training too hard etc.

The board should not be seen or heard . Honestly do you hear about the roosters board , lately and only very lately we have heard anything from Politis

As for board showing some support , you are overdramatising the situation . Yes bad result and bad season , fixing up a club takes time , getting into the 8 is great but no use if it’s not sutainable .

As much as I hate quoting Phil Gould , as he is mr 20/20 hindsight and mostly full of it he has made good points too and that is

• it takes. Coach / board to ruin a club with 12-18 months BUT takes. Coach / board 5 years to fix it .
    Look at the mess dib/ des created In the end at dogs , 3 years and still trying to get out of it , but that board has a plan and they have not been falling for stupid media pressure for them to fix it, I guarantee dogs will be a force in 2 years .

Now with madge, it’s his 2nd year it takes time , you can see he is building up the young and junior base, trying to install a culture this all takes time. It’s not a quick fix , board has not panicked and madge does not seem to be panicking .

This is why the board “showing support” will have opposite affect and cause more dramas and the same old same old as past 10years will happen at the tigers

Not so much as a statement from the board saying “we are behind madge 100%”, more so a show of support by extending his contract. He is the right man for the job. Give him 10yrs for all I care. Which other coach out there screams results for us besides Bellamy? Maybe Robinson? We wouldn’t get him anyway. Madge is our coach at least for the next 5yrs.

I believe Madge will win us a premiership in the next 3 years.
Mods please book mark post haha I’m pretty confident

@PJ said in If Madge fails.....:

I think it’s about time we heard from Lee and other board members showing some solidarity and support of Madge.

What like Madge has the full support of the board? If that happens it’s the beginning of the end for Madge.

If the board gets involved publicly then there is a serious issue beyond the scope of the coach and it’s bye bye Madge.

Ha ha, Mike, I see your point, but there are many other ways board members can publicly display solidarity without using that cliche which means the door is now open. Ha ha.
It’s very important that the players are aware that player management and board are as one. We’ve all seen cases where the players perform badly to influence the boards view of the coaching roster. Some players find the training too hard etc.

The board should not be seen or heard . Honestly do you hear about the roosters board , lately and only very lately we have heard anything from Politis

As for board showing some support , you are overdramatising the situation . Yes bad result and bad season , fixing up a club takes time , getting into the 8 is great but no use if it’s not sutainable .

As much as I hate quoting Phil Gould , as he is mr 20/20 hindsight and mostly full of it he has made good points too and that is

• it takes. Coach / board to ruin a club with 12-18 months BUT takes. Coach / board 5 years to fix it .
    Look at the mess dib/ des created In the end at dogs , 3 years and still trying to get out of it , but that board has a plan and they have not been falling for stupid media pressure for them to fix it, I guarantee dogs will be a force in 2 years .

Now with madge, it’s his 2nd year it takes time , you can see he is building up the young and junior base, trying to install a culture this all takes time. It’s not a quick fix , board has not panicked and madge does not seem to be panicking .

This is why the board “showing support” will have opposite affect and cause more dramas and the same old same old as past 10years will happen at the tigers

Not so much as a statement from the board saying “we are behind madge 100%”, more so a show of support by extending his contract. He is the right man for the job. Give him 10yrs for all I care. Which other coach out there screams results for us besides Bellamy? Maybe Robinson? We wouldn’t get him anyway. Madge is our coach at least for the next 5yrs.

Agree extend him 2 years

@PJ said in If Madge fails.....:

Agree extend him 2 years

I agree to extending Madge for 2 or 3 more years, my concern is our inability to recruit marquee players in their prime years… we have not done this since Ellis… those sort of players don’t want to come here, they want storm or roosters

None of us want Maguire to fail, but it is way too early to be giving him an extension. When broaching this subject at the start of the season, my thoughts were to wait until we had a bit more knowledge at least well into season, on which to base a reasonable decision.

We have targeted and secured a couple/few likely youngsters, though that falls mainly to our new recruitment group, which one assumes would have been formed at least in part by the coach, so things seem to be going good in that area. Still if he is as good a coach as some rate him go be, I expect him to be able to lift a group of players, when most of them have either been further extended or brought to the club, plus the one he made as captain.

Have not given up on Maguire, but no chance of me wanting a contract extension offered at this point in time. Rather, and particularly after his half-time address on Friday evening, unless there is substantial change in the coming weeks, would not even consider to do so until half a dozen matches into next season.

Maguire has yes got rid of the old and very old star players which have become real plodders. He better do this well before next season otherwise he will be in real turmoil. Just one note - NRL clubs cannot show sentiment to old players like Farah (and Benji).

Maguire is still stuck with $3m of overpaid crap. He wouldn’t have signed those blokes on those contracts.

Give him an extension and a couple of years with his own roster. He is absolutely the man for the job. I really think only one other guy could turn around the Tigers and that’s Bellamy. He’s not coming here.

@gallagher said in If Madge fails.....:

Hopefully the board show some resolve if and when the media pressure gets applied to Madge.

Media article today stated Madge will not stay beyond 21.

Hopefully the board show some resolve if and when the media pressure gets applied to Madge.

Hopefully… But I have my doubts if I’m being honest.

Where was that?

I hope you’re joking mate. Where can i find it and is it credible?

@avocadoontoast said in If Madge fails.....:

Where was that?

The roar article written by placepunter
“Why Harry Grant must not stay with Wests Tigers“
I pretty much disagree with the entire article but you know how this stuff can gather pace Avo.

Where was that?

I pretty much disagree with the entire article but you know how this stuff can gather pace Avo.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in roar articles.

Anyway if he goes he goes, who cares really

last edited by avocadoontoast

Where was that?

That was an opinion piece based on zilch current information and with no link to the club. No credibilty should be given to it unless you have an issue with Maguire.

@Telltails said in If Madge fails.....:

Where was that?

That was an opinion piece based on zilch current information and with no link to the club. No credibilty should be given to it unless you have an issue with Maguire.

That is why I said I wouldn’t put too much stock in roar articles

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.