If Madge fails.....

Whenever there is a thread outlining who is off contract everyone starts talking about who they do and dont want to keep. People get emotional about players they have liked for years and often make a case for them to stay.

Well I would put a line through anyone under 24. Anyone that has been satisfied with mediocrity. Anyone that has not had a dig when times got tough, or anyone that just cannot consistently perform at that level. Not having lower grades this year is a massive setback for us. Madge needs to get quality talent in the lower grades and bring it through like the sharks do.

Madge needs to be extended but no doubt this is a much harder job than he expected.

@PJ said in If Madge fails.....:

I believe he will fix it.
Just has to have the roster he wants
A lot of cleary deadwood still choking up the cap.
I said it before, if we have to pay overs for some serious class players, then do it. Cant be worse than 750k plus each for reynolds, packer and mybe

Yep, this is still the main issue. So many average players which yes when you think about it wouldn’t be in a lot of other team’s starting lineups. It was always going to take years to get out of this mess.

The most frustrating thing is our cap was in a great position until it all went to waste - Cleary blew it. And we’ll keep feeling the impact of that until those players are gone.

last edited by Sco77y

@Geo said in If Madge fails.....:

What happened to the 3 year extension…

Oh I see we are back to not his team…no one would make the 17 at any other Club

Go back to bed

Maguire is not the problem it is the players he inherited. The juniors not playing this year has not helped. Need to get rid of overpaid players and say good bye to Lawrence and Marshall season end. I would be blooding players like Madden now with eye on 2021. Give Dylan Smith a go at full back or new signing AJ. Still hurting from Cleary legacy.

last edited by Magpie1969

@Magpie1969 said in If Madge fails.....:

Maguire is not the problem it is the players he inherited. The juniors not playing this year has not helped. Need to get rid of overpaid players and say good bye to Lawrence and Marshall season end. I would be blooding players like Madden now with eye on 2021. Give Dylan Smith a go at full back or new signing AJ. Still hurting from Cleary legacy.

He re-signed Benji and Lawrence. In fact he signed or re-signed >70% of the team. Why did he do these signings or re-signings if they’re no good?

@avocadoontoast said in If Madge fails.....:

He re-signed Benji and Lawrence. In fact he signed or re-signed >70% of the team. Why did he do these signings or re-signings if they’re no good?

15 of the 17 who took the field were signed/re-signed/extended by MaGuire…

Only Nofoaluma and Mbye were not…Nofo had a crack like he always does scored a great TRY and Mbye is the Captain appointed by MaGuire…

Packer was one of the usual not MaGuire’s team but everyone wants him in the team now…go figure…

This team is not a top eight team but Maguire has had them playing on occasion where we all fooled ourselves that maybe they might be.
Where has anyone other WTs tragics/hopefuls got them as contenders or even top eight? They try hard but after the battle last week they looked flat. Warriors only just got beat by the Roosters last week it’s a tough competition and we are no certainties who ever we play if we are not at our best.

@Red88_Tiger said in If Madge fails.....:

I don’t blame Madge. If the players don’t buy in to what he is doing then see you later I say

One of them did, Ryan Matterson. All of Souths eventually did too.

Where there’s smoke?

Matterson’s parting words have gone from pathetic to prophetic in one week

@Tiger-Tragic said in If Madge fails.....:

I don’t blame Madge. If the players don’t buy in to what he is doing then see you later I say

Where there’s smoke?

The cycle of coaches will never end if we offload Madge. The culture of players killing our coach needs to stop. Board needs to back Madge. If players aren’t prepared to be professional they need to move.
Would you have kept Matterson??

@Geo said in If Madge fails.....:

15 of the 17 who took the field were signed/re-signed/extended by MaGuire…

Only Nofoaluma and Mbye were not…Nofo had a crack like he always does scored a great TRY and Mbye is the Captain appointed by MaGuire…

Packer was one of the usual not MaGuire’s team but everyone wants him in the team now…go figure…

Exactly. It’s his team now and even if it wasn’t it’s still his job to get the most of of the players he’s got.

@hobbo1 said in If Madge fails.....:

@Kazoo-Kid said in If Madge fails.....:

If Madge can’t fix us no one can. We can’t take much more of this.

When he was giving them the spray at half time they looked like they’d clocked off… not a good sign.

How many sprays can a grown man take ?
I woulda told him to get …

Yeah It doesn’t seem to motivate the team at all. Has the opposite effect.

Also a little concerned as to why he played Twal and AD tonight. AD has been running on one leg for weeks and Twal just wasn’t ready.

Agree on Doeuihi. I thought Twal did his sternum early in the game though?

What coach would want to come here? When Madge and Ivan took the job they were both asked why they wanted the “poisoned chalice” of coaching Wests Tigers.

We can get rid of Madge, but it will likely mean we go to 12-14th every year instead of 9th. Just like the players, we’ll only get a coach that can’t get a gig anywhere else. At least Madge is preferred over Mcgregor, Seibold, Pay etc.

Really some of these comments on this thread.

alt text

@Tiger-Tragic said in If Madge fails.....:

Where there’s smoke?

All of South’s did? Are you speaking with knowledge of that or assumption. Because people believe and repeat stuff like that.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.