If Madge fails.....

It’s clearly a team and mental problem. Against both the Titans and Warriors we take an early lead only to then sit back and get out-enthused by weaker teams and allow them back in. Madge was clearly not trying to be complacent, he was giving it to them in the dressing room at half time when we were up! So how can he be blamed for the complacency and lack of effort we saw last night

@hobbo1 said in If Madge fails.....:

@TigersBusDriver said in If Madge fails.....:

All who are saying Madge is not the solution, who in the bloody hell is?

Mr Sheens

Tbh at least with Sheens we were fun to watch.

It’s clearly a team and mental problem. Against both the Titans and Warriors we take an early lead only to then sit back and get out-enthused by weaker teams and allow them back in. Madge was clearly not trying to be complacent, he was giving it to them in the dressing room at half time when we were up! So how can he be blamed for the complacency and lack of effort we saw last night

Saw the half time speech and blowup…first thing I noticed was the players couldn’t give a rats…instead of looking at Madge in the eyes, they were Looking down, around and basically tuned out

@tigerap said in If Madge fails.....:

Saw the half time speech and blowup…first thing I noticed was the players couldn’t give a rats…instead of looking at Madge in the eyes, they were Looking down, around and basically tuned out

Nofo looked like he didn’t give a toss

We should be thankful that Madge doesn’t do what Ivan did.

Teams like Cowboys and Brisbane will be looking for coaches, and they have much more going for them.

@weststigerman said in If Madge fails.....:

Teams like Cowboys and Brisbane will be looking for coaches, and they have much more going for them.

If the club does not get its act together from the board room down Madge could walk straight into a very strong club almost immediately and I would not blame him if he did .

@avocadoontoast said in If Madge fails.....:

@hobbo1 said in If Madge fails.....:

All who are saying Madge is not the solution, who in the bloody hell is?

Mr Sheens

Tbh at least with Sheens we were fun to watch.

My wife follows the Eel’s @avocadoontoast.
Soon after last weeks game started she stuffed a swear jar into my hands and I could have filled the damn thing.
Our Tigers busted their guts but we still lost.
I was disgusted by many referring decisions that went against us a well as the at times unsportsmanlike attitude of some of the Slimey’s players.
We lost but I was a proud supporter.
After the 1st 10 mins. of last nights game with 2 tries…great, but 2 missed goals…back to the usual rubbish of going to sleep once we get into a handy lead.
The rest of the game we were rubbish and I was disgusted…I felt nothing…no need for a swear jar this time.
It was not fun to watch.
I have only had the pleasure of one solitary Grand Final win since I started following the Magpies in 1963.
I want fun and entertainment from my footy team, but we are not getting either from Wests Tigers atm.
As you suggested Tim Sheens style was fun.
As we are stuck with Madge until the end of 2021, why don’t we bring in Sheens immediately as an attack (fun) coach?
The coach we really need to pull us out of the poo though is Bellyache Bellamy.

jesus people give the bloke a chance to get the team he wants without the stupid contracts. The bipolarness of this forum is crazy

You can keep changing coaches every couple of years but nothing will change till they get their recruitment right and that will not happen till the club is seen as a good place to play football.

If we were to head in another direction maybe I would go left field and give the Walker Brothers a chance, everything else has failed

They weren’t ready before kick off …why the need for the HT blasts …

@hodgo said in If Madge fails.....:

jesus people give the bloke a chance to get the team he wants without the stupid contracts. The bipolarness of this forum is crazy

100%… One week after a win there’s talk about extending Madge and all the Madge haters are quiet, then after the loss they were waiting for they come out in full force with talk about sacking him.

We win next week and we go back to the should we extend Madge thread. Love it.

What makes you think he won’t?

@Madge said in If Madge fails.....:

We win next week and we go back to the should we extend Madge thread. Love it.

No we won’t because one win a month just doesn’t cut it. It’s a real effort for this team to win 2 games in a row, a real effort! Even the Dragons won 3 on the trot recently, it’s just bloody sad that we can’t even win two.

@mike said in If Madge fails.....:

What makes you think he won’t?

I meant so far. Wouldn’t blame him if he does.

It won’t be will we or won’t we re-sign him, it’s whether or not he wants to stay at a perennial underachieving organisation.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.