Does this club need the spoon

Finishing mid table every year IMO has aided the growth of mediocrity within the whole organisation. Maybe the spoon needs to be added to the trophy case to finally shock all from the board room down for the actions required to reboot this organisation!

It needs relocation, so all the players that are comfortable living in Sydney and collecting their pay week in week out will not be keen to follow.

Brisbane Tigers and West Coast Magpies. Burn the place to the ground.

Would probably rather the spoon than finish 9th. We are a meme in the entire nrl community for finishing 9th

No, we don’t need the spoon. We need to move on losers and bring in winners

Yes, we needed the spoon about 5 years ago

Would have been nice to get it over and done with instead of suffering every year wondering if this is going to be the year.

“Winning” the spoon would only motivate players that feel disgraced by winning the spoon.

last edited by Go_You_Good_Things

@Go_You_Good_Things said in Does this club need the spoon:

“Winning” the spoon would only motivate players that feel disgraced by winning the spoon.

How long would they be motivated for. Going by the Wests Tigers’ gene mentaility of past years the team would be happy to finish second last in the year after they win the wooden spoon.

@Needaname said in Does this club need the spoon:

It needs relocation, so all the players that are comfortable living in Sydney and collecting their pay week in week out will not be keen to follow.

I have been one of the people who has expressed a similar viewpoint in the past. I would much prefer that the club stay in Sydney and build a power base in the South West, but this has not happened for twenty one years now. Can anyone see this changing? There has been some good recruitment of younger players, but I fear we are still the poor cousin of the Sydney teams. Yes - I could see a really bright future as the Wests Tigers relocated to Perth.

Been saying this for a long time. Continually finishing just outside the 8 creates the impression that we are “almost there” and that a bit of squad tinkering and the addition of one or two players will turn us into genuine competition challengers when in reality we are a million miles away from that.

Spoons lead to proper clear outs, I mean scorched earth clear outs where only a few players remain and let’s be honest there are only a few players, maybe half a dozen, in our current roster who would survive this.

We got beat up by a Warriors player on loan, he played with more grit and determination than any of our players and he wasn’t even representing his own club.

Let that sink in

@Hangonaminute said in Does this club need the spoon:

We got beat up by a Warriors player on loan, he played with more grit and determination than any of our players and he wasn’t even representing his own club.

Let that sink in

I said this to my mate last night, absolutely embarrassing

Let that sink in

Alvaro ?
Jennings was just as bad as his brother Roberto

Let that sink in

I was worried about this. Players with nothing to lose aswell as playing for a contract

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.