Does this club need the spoon

@hobbo1 said in Does this club need the spoon:

@Newtown said in Does this club need the spoon:

@Geo said in Does this club need the spoon:

Don’t see how getting the spoon would be an impetus for change…

Getting the spoon would be less likelihood of good players transferring to Wests Tigers. If they did we would have to pay big overs to entice them. Then we run out of recruitment money for the coming years.

Parra and Newcastle don’t seem to have the issues of signing good players

As was pointed out the other day, we haven’t signed a marquee player since Tuquiri (I don’t count Blair). Good players don’t want to come here.

I’ve already lived through Wests getting spoons, lots of times. It doesn’t change things though. I think the club needs to face the fact it doesn’t belong at the elite level.

There is a real chance we might get the spoon this year. The Bulldogs clash might be the key. Anyway as far as Iam concerned, any where below eight place is a failure and really there is no difference to coming 9th or last…you still missed the finals.

@gallagher said in Does this club need the spoon:

I’ve already lived through Wests getting spoons, lots of times. It doesn’t change things though. I think the club needs to face the fact it doesn’t belong at the elite level.

NO! That is not right, imo.
It’s not where you are on the ladder, it’s always how you fight!
History tells me that Easts were spooners lots of times, as were Parra etc etc.
Footy is cyclical.
Players are really the same as you and me - nobody likes losing.
We have to stay strong and earn the good times.

@Geo said in Does this club need the spoon:

Don’t see how getting the spoon would be an impetus for change…

A spoon on the backside maybe
A bit like bringing the wip out on a horse to make them run faster

@Hangonaminute said in Does this club need the spoon:

@hobbo1 said in Does this club need the spoon:

We got beat up by a Warriors player on loan, he played with more grit and determination than any of our players and he wasn’t even representing his own club.

Let that sink in

Alvaro ?
Jennings was just as bad as his brother Roberto

No, Hetherington

Always liked Hetherington, I suggested that we sign him a couple of years ago, but he re-signed with Penrith. He is wasted at Penrith who already have too much talent.

last edited by Spud_Murphy

@Snake said in Does this club need the spoon:

Finishing mid table every year IMO has aided the growth of mediocrity within the whole organisation. Maybe the spoon needs to be added to the trophy case to finally shock all from the board room down for the actions required to reboot this organisation!

I’ll forget you even said that and the thread.

Ridiculous!

@Snake said in Does this club need the spoon:

@twentyforty said in Does this club need the spoon:

@Krammy said in Does this club need the spoon:

@Needaname said in Does this club need the spoon:

It needs relocation, so all the players that are comfortable living in Sydney and collecting their pay week in week out will not be keen to follow.

I have been one of the people who has expressed a similar viewpoint in the past. I would much prefer that the club stay in Sydney and build a power base in the South West, but this has not happened for twenty one years now. Can anyone see this changing? There has been some good recruitment of younger players, but I fear we are still the poor cousin of the Sydney teams. Yes - I could see a really bright future as the Wests Tigers relocated to Perth.

I’m not sure what the plan is with the CoE, but the way I see it now… WT should get the money to breath life into Leichhardt oval and play all their home games there. That’s where they’ve had most success by far. I dont Understand how moving to a remote location or changing the team’s colours does anything to improve efficiencies, profitability or increase the fan base?

The board needs to make the decision to play at one ground from next season … whether it be Bankwest/ ANZ/ Leichhardt/Campbelltown or wait a year and go to the new stadium at Moore park just pick one .IMO at this juncture this decision needs to be made as the club is just floundering around . Personally we would not like some of those grounds if selected but at this stage we see the relevance in making this decision and would support it 100% .

I reckon a ground with a 20,000 capacity could provide the revenue and theatre?

The club does
But certain players don’t
Its time to clear the decks, well past the time
Its not acceptable any more
Holding on to club loyal players when they are just just not performing at a high level on a consistent basis
2 or 3 good games does not make up for a crap game
Heads need to roll
Heads must roll
Some of our players are to used to loosing and accepting that because it has always been the same
We have 3 or 4 players that have been here too long and they need to be moved on
We all know who they are
Its time we all faced those facts

@Cairnstigers said in Does this club need the spoon:

The club does
Holding on to club loyal players when they are just just not performing at a high level on a consistent basis
Heads need to roll
Heads must roll
Some of our players are to used to loosing and accepting that because it has always been the same
We have 3 or 4 players that have been here too long and they need to be moved on
We all know who they are
I would rather the Talaus and Twals be retained, than to import the Braiths and Mbyes on big bucks. How can the club afford to move on Mbye?

The club does
Heads need to roll
Heads must roll
We all know who they are
I would rather the Talaus and Twals be retained, than to import the Braiths and Mbyes on big bucks. How can the club afford to move on Mbye?

If we can get $300,000 to $400,000 for Mbye we take it
We spend it on the best young prospects we can find

The club does
Heads need to roll
Heads must roll
We all know who they are

If we could get $200.00 I’d take it.

Maybe from a team in Nepal - they don’t know anything about Rugba Leeg.

@Russell said in Does this club need the spoon:

The club does
Heads need to roll
Heads must roll
We all know who they are

If we could get $200.00 I’d take it.

Maybe from a team in Nepal - they don’t know anything about Rugba Leeg.
Or contact Steve Georgallis. People forget that he coached the Greek national side to a 90-0 win over Hungary. There are heaps of places he could go.

Yes, we needed the spoon about 5 years ago

And we nearly did. 2015 we were equal last with Knights. For an against saved them.

But they jumped six places to 9th the following year🙄

The club does
Heads need to roll
Heads must roll
We all know who they are

The club has no idea how to do any of that. We’re out of our depth.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.