Lost:

Where are the attacking lines Luke Garner used to run on the edge?
Where is the cocky half-back with great pace off the mark and an ability to find holes for supporting runners.
Where is our goal-kicker?
Where is the support play, or the offloads?
Where is the menace?
Where is our confidence?
Where is Ronny Palmer?

last edited by tiger_one

@tiger_one said in Lost::

Where is the cocky half-back with great pace off the mark and an ability to find holes for supporting runners.
Where is the menace?
Where is our confidence?
Where is Ronny Palmer?

And where is our captain, and that one is solely on Madge for appointing Mbye the fake in the first place.

@mike said in Lost::

Where is the menace?
Where is our confidence?
Where is Ronny Palmer?

And where is our captain, and that one is solely on Madge for appointing Mbye the fake in the first place.

Benji was captain too… all he did was yell at the ref and get in trouble all game. Last night there was no leader at all.

@JoshColeman99 said in Lost::

Where is the menace?
Where is our confidence?
Where is Ronny Palmer?

Benji was captain too… all he did was yell at the ref and get in trouble all game. Last night there was no leader at all.

Still on Madge, he appointed them.

Where is the menace?
Where is our confidence?
Where is Ronny Palmer?

There are all concentrated into running back towards the ruck and getting dominated for field position as a result. We don’t have the rabbits pack of 2014.

Tigers players haven’t run hard attacking lines since Ellis and Dwyer finished up. Garner does it sometimes. Luciano probably the most. We had it early last night, then after 20 mins we put the hole running away.

The other thread from Siro raised the question why they kept going to Rowdy last night as an option, fair enough, but then added an unfair dig about him being immobile and with flippers. He was the only bloke really trying to play smart football, I mean he’s back there cleaning up kicks for some reason, at least twice with major kick defusals.

The reason they throw to Rowdy because he’s the only bloke who puts his body in the right spaces, the only bloke willing to run hard into the teeth of the defence with a chance of getting the ball. He has never asked for early ball even when he was an absolute speed demon, he always ran hard lines. So they throw it to him because he’s providing an option. But like Tedesco, if you are the only guy giving options, it’s VERY easy for the defence to line you up.

And Brooks wouldn’t know a soft pass if it smacked him in the face, which I think is often why Lawrence has a reputation for dropping the football, because Brooks throws cannons at him just as he’s about to hit the shoulders of the opposition. Contrast to Kodi Nikorima last night, he was just probing and waiting for Tigers players to make a defensive decision, before popping soft little passes to the oncoming runners. Actually watching the defence unfold rather than running out the full pre-scripted play.

👏

Where is the menace?
Where is our confidence?
Where is Ronny Palmer?

To be honest I’m not convinced captains do that much at NRL level. Only thing you want your captain to do is be good at talking to the ref, everyone out on the field should be striving to lead the team and set an example.

For example packer is a great leader out there but no way you’d want him chatting to the refs all game. Captains aren’t gonna change a game like that I think personally

Where is the menace?
Where is our confidence?
Where is Ronny Palmer?

To be honest I’m not convinced captains do that much at NRL level. Only thing you want your captain to do is be good at talking to the ref, everyone out on the field should be striving to lead the team and set an example.

For example packer is a great leader out there but no way you’d want him chatting to the refs all game. Captains aren’t gonna change a game like that I think personally

Captains not only need to be good talkers, they need to lead by example…Mbye just doesn’t do that

@tigerap said in Lost::

Where is the menace?
Where is our confidence?
Where is Ronny Palmer?

Captains not only need to be good talkers, they need to lead by example…Mbye just doesn’t do that

No one does for us. Wouldn’t matter who was captain last night it doesn’t change a thing, I just find it hilarious that Mbye is copping the flack when Benji was just as bad if not worse. Literally all he did was abuse the ref, was Warned multiple times. All that’s gonna do is frustrate the entire team. I really don’t care who’s captain of the team everyone should be striving to work hard and set an example

Where is Ronny Palmer?

I saw Ronny in the sheds before the game, on TV

last edited by Sart0ri

Ronny seems to be keeping a very low profile this year.

Where is the menace?
Where is our confidence?
Where is Ronny Palmer?

Well i saw the Sharks captain Wade Graham chase a ball after a drop out and win possession, they scored on that set of six, scored again and won the game.
Inspires leadership and makes the whole team compete for the win.

I am over Mybe and have no idea why he us currently playing, this comes back to the coach. Has been stated wanted Brooks on the bench to learn game management but Benji ran around all night managing nothing.
Coach is squarely to blame for last nights loss, selection policy and half time spray did nothing as well to inspire the players.
If yo view the footage Mybe was’nt even looking at the coach, where is the captain then backing the coach and telling all players to win that game…

Where is the menace?
Where is our confidence?
Where is Ronny Palmer?

Good Captains inspire the team. They do a lot both on and off the field.

@tigerap said in Lost::

Where is the menace?
Where is our confidence?
Where is Ronny Palmer?

No one does for us. Wouldn’t matter who was captain last night it doesn’t change a thing, I just find it hilarious that Mbye is copping the flack when Benji was just as bad if not worse. Literally all he did was abuse the ref, was Warned multiple times. All that’s gonna do is frustrate the entire team. I really don’t care who’s captain of the team everyone should be striving to work hard and set an example

Benji was not much better but time we start singling out others, he has been dropped this season for his performances rightly so.
Mybe has played 2 games that were NRL standard this season the rest has been terrible, that goal kicking effort last night when he missed a sitter then handed on the duties to a player already having hammy issues shows exactly what player he is like, if you were on the team how would that inspire you.
We need a goal kicker that kicks at least above 70/75% in line with other clubs.
If Madge lets him retain his position next game with BJ coming back that will do it for me, stated at press conference changes will be made and starts with him, Garner, Walters at least.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.